Thai teen seeks PM's help

Lite Beer

SINGAPORE'S MRT ACCIDENT
Thai teen seeks PM's help
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A 17-year-old Thai girl, who lost both her legs after falling in front of an MRT train in Singapore in 2011, wants Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to convince the city-state's government to pay for new prosthetic legs.

The move came after Singapore's Supreme Court on Monday threw out the compensation claim of Nitcharee Peneakchanasak's family against the MRT.

Kitthanet Peneakchanasak, Nitcharee's father, said after losing cases in three courts in Singapore he felt saddened by the latest verdict and the fact that the Singapore government did not allow press coverage of it.

He said he wanted the world to know that Singapore, one of the planet's richest nations, had taken no responsibility for the incident.

Kitthanet expressed his profound gratitude to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn for granting Bt3 million so his daughter could get prosthetic limbs following the incident.

But he added: "My daughter has to replace these artificial legs with the ones controlled by neural signals, which is very expensive.

"I hope that the Thai government will help negotiate [with the Singapore government] so that we get the new and advanced prosthetic limbs for her so she can live almost like normal people.''

Nitcharee, who is a high-school student in Bangkok, aspires to become a psychiatrist.

Kitthanet said his family received no support from the Thai government during the trial.

He urged the government to draw up measures to give support to Thai students studying abroad when they need help.

Nitcharee fell on the tracks after becoming overcome by drowsiness.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Thai-teen-seeks-PMs-help-30244781.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-05

So she fell under the skytrain because of drowsiness? The skytrain in singapore has automatic doors on the perron to enter the skytrain. How could she still fall under the skytrain then?

Then she got legs from the thai queen but she wants to have to most advanced prosthetic legs now from singapore.

I have been wounded several times in Thai resorts but it was hard enough to get a plaster from them to stop the bleeding.

So she fell under the skytrain because of drowsiness? The skytrain in singapore has automatic doors on the perron to enter the skytrain. How could she still fall under the skytrain then?

Then she got legs from the thai queen but she wants to have to most advanced prosthetic legs now from singapore.

I have been wounded several times in Thai resorts but it was hard enough to get a plaster from them to stop the bleeding.

If I remember correctly at the time of the accident not all stations in Singapore had automatic doors but the MRT soon after installed automatic doors at the remaining stations.

Your other comments are spot on. I had 3 years ago an accident at a five star hotel in Singapore and all they came up with was a glass of water. Thankfully I had a good insurance.

Well if she really fell under the skytrain because of drowsiness then i don't see why singapore is responsible for that. Then she should sit in a wheelchair, not walk in a city like Singapore.

I think also BKK doesn't have those automatic doors on every bts-station yet. Maybe the princess can help getting them, or the tsunami-alarms.

Ease up on denigrating a little 14 year-old girl there, Brutus.

Particularly one that showed incredible courage since Day 1

Of course i wish that girl all the best.

The thing that raised my eyebrows is that a Thai dares to claim the most expensive medical treatment after an accident which was her own fault in my opinion.

I can easy get killed without my fault in Thailand without it being my fault. By electrocution, trafficaccident, hitting my head in a mall or on a market and so on. I wouldn't even think of sueing thailand for in a case like that.

I have my own insurances for medicare and for the rest everything is my fault in case of accidents.

• Like 2

Ease up on denigrating a little 14 year-old girl there, Brutus.

Particularly one that showed incredible courage since Day 1

She's 18 now.

totster smile.png

• Like 2

Has any one reported what caused the "Drowiness", to me this means sleepy, not the same as a medical condition.

At any rate as a customer you are an invitee and under Tort Law are entitled to a greater degree of security than someone who passes through.

There are plenty of people in Singapore and Thailand who could pay for these Prosthetic legs with their pocket change.

My God, she is lucky to be alive !! Someone must have come to her aid, she could bleed out in minutes.

There were no doors at the time of this young girls accident. Your 2nd sentence ("How could she still fall under the skytrain then?") seems to suggest that she's making it all up, I'm pretty sure she isn't.

She was gratiously granted financial assistance from the King and Queen's daughter, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to help her walk, why should she now abandon that desire to lead as normal a life as possible in her circumstances by having the best prosthetic limbs available? You begrudge her that just because she has had help before?

That you should include a comment about your own insignificant "wounds" as you did in your last sentence in a serious report about a tragic accident is nothing less than shameful.

• Like 1

She is not done growing and will need replacements, the advanced prosthesis are designed to last a lifetime.

I do, also, respect Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn for helping the girl.

Actually, I love her now. And I already liked her to begin with! She has the great heart of her Father...

Go wash that brown stuff off your tongue....bah.gif

Well if she really fell under the skytrain because of drowsiness then i don't see why singapore is responsible for that. Then she should sit in a wheelchair, not walk in a city like Singapore.

I think also BKK doesn't have those automatic doors on every bts-station yet. Maybe the princess can help getting them, or the tsunami-alarms.

"Then she should sit in a wheelchair, not walk in a city like Singapore."

I wonder if you would be man enough to say that to the girl and her father's face?

• Like 2

I cant believe it but I am on the side of the Thai. Not all Singapore MRT stations have those protective doors. The stations are generally safe as long as you keep behind the yellow line but it seems that growing populations and overcrowding have not been considered in this case. If there are so many people in Singapore crowding these stations, then there is a safety hazard and they need to spend the money to have all stations fitted with these safety doors, Thailand too at all BTS stations, there is no excuse, (they have the money, but they prefer to spend it on other useless things I can't mention) and those useless guards can then become redundant and stop blowing whistles which is very disconcerting.

While it is a terrible thing that has happened to her it would seem that she has had good support and funding so far compared to others in this country, including amputee and other disabled children who get nothing or very little.

I see this in my travels around, particularly in smaller places, where the elderly are left with kids who are mentally or physically handicapped without real help or support.

• Like 2

Not quite the same thing really, is it?

Hope someone does help this girl, a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

God forbid, you must've come out of retirement to say that going by past comments haha cheesy.gif

She is not done growing and will need replacements, the advanced prosthesis are designed to last a lifetime.

I do, also, respect Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn for helping the girl.

Actually, I love her now. And I already liked her to begin with! She has the great heart of her Father...

Go wash that brown stuff off your tongue...... bah.gif

bah.gif +1

Before he was just annoying me, now he is making me sick ! sad.png

The thing that raised my eyebrows is that a Thai dares to claim the most expensive medical treatment after an accident which was her own fault in my opinion.

Can anything actually be the fault of a child?

I always thought it was an adults duty to watch out for children because they are too young to be responsible.

You guys are really small minded.

My point is only the fact that they claim the skytrain for an accident which is not the skytrain's fault.

I didn't know this was possible, so if a kid/dog in my moobaan touches an open naked eletric wire somewhere and gets electrocuted then we can sue the owner of the moobaan. That is going to happen somewhere soon and then i want to see if the thai will pay the claim.

• Like 1

My point is only the fact that they claim the skytrain for an accident which is not the skytrain's fault.

I didn't know this was possible, so if a kid/dog in my moobaan touches an open naked eletric wire somewhere and gets electrocuted then we can sue the owner of the moobaan. That is going to happen somewhere soon and then i want to see if the thai will pay the claim.

Dogs have no value, children do have value.

To equate the life of a child to the life of a dog is slightly sick IMHO.

I always thought it was an adults duty to watch out for children because they are too young to be responsible.

If a child runs under your car and is dead on the spot. Then was it your fault as well?

Thai adults don't watch nor correct their children.

Do you believe in Karma ? ..............................Or "what goes around comes around" ?

If a child runs under your car and is dead on the spot. Then was it your fault as well?

Thai adults don't watch nor correct their children.

The driver of any car is obliged to take every precaution to prevent such an accident.

If it can be proven he didn't, then of course he is responsible.