The GoPro Camera Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a SJ4000wi-fi today, the real deal, 2900 + 1200 baht for a 32GB Transcend class10 micro sd card. I found it in Tukcom in Pattaya and had carefully watched U-tube clips beforehand on what to check so you know it's an original SJ4000 and not a knock-off.

Be careful when buying those, some cheap Chinese copies around and they are not so good from what I can read on-line.

I plan to mount it on my motor bike and scooter and start filming but the brackets that comes with it is for bi-cycle and I don't want it on top of my helmet, so will likely try buying one of those chest straps and see how that goes.

The cam is very simple to use and you can operate all 4 bottoms on the 30m water resistant housing easily, even with bike gloves on.

Now I have to start learning how to edit video clips, I will likely start with Win live movie maker unless somebody here have some suggestions which software to use?

Guzzi...I don't know about your SJ4K but the GoPro comes with free editing software.

You can also download it online...used to be free & I think it still is. Have a look.

Maybe the SJ website also offers similar editing software?

Good luck.

Guzzi...I don't know about your SJ4K but the GoPro comes with free editing software.

You can also download it online...used to be free & I think it still is. Have a look.

Maybe the SJ website also offers similar editing software?

Good luck.

Thanks, no no editing software for the SJ4 and the files are not compatible with the Gopro ones so I am looking into a video converter right now so I can edit in Gopro Studio.

Thankfully all the small things you need for it: chest strap, head strap, floating device, selfie stick (heavens no man) and all the other stuff you might need is compatible with GoPro so I just bough a box on Ebay with 30 items in it for 1300 baht.

Then later if I decide to go for a 4K GoPro I can just use all that stuff so that is very good and makes life simpler, actually above box have dedicated room for 2 cams.

I also think some people uses the SJ4 for more risky shooting and then a GoPro under more safe conditions, some GoPro's are 500$ my SJ4 is 85$ and the first unedited video clip I shoot from it looks good.

Please post your videos guzzi when they are ready,

Well my 30 item bits box was first shipped yesterday and I will soon go work overseas for 2 month so it might be a while and so far only family videos that will not be aired on-line.

Well the topic is still here when I get back so if I manage to shot something looking not too embarrassing I might public it but no guarantees. biggrin.png

I am still amazed that you can buy a HD action cam for under 100$ that shots good looking movies, all can afford that and it's so simple to use compared to a still camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Not neccesarily GoPro but decided to post this here.

Jet Skiis are so yesterday (did that sound a bit gay)?

RW...Wicked! Especially the last wave.

Mind you...bikes as well as jet ski's make way too much noise

on the water for my liking. However...it looks like fun...hah!

I wonder if he's got the balls to ride his bike on the waves

at another spot on Tahiti...Teahupoo? See below...shot on

a Phantom...

Nearly everyone with those things die or crash,act like clowns and generally show off.Those dick head cycle idiots in London are a prime example on U Tube.

AoP...I wouldn't go as far as saying "nearly everyone"...perhaps less than 10% but that 10% plaster their vids

all over the place so the world can witness their failings. The GoPro camera and other like models have opened

new avenues in film-making never before deemed possible without major expenses involved & not everybody

can come up with a big Hollywood budget these days...even Hollywood.

The only limiting factor when & where to use/mount a GoPro or similar variant is the film makers imagination.

Not all GoPro/similar camera's films are of idiots crashing or wreaking havoc...most are down right brilliant.

See my post #76 in this thread as an example. Previously unattainable until the GoPro came along.

It's awfully easy to crash & burn. It's another story to create something smooth & beautiful which more

people will truly enjoy...and perhaps receive some inspiration from.

Got nothing but pure respect for people surfing waves like that, also any other extreme sport people.

No wonder they get all the best pussy.

It's a sure way to live and a sure way to die, bet its feels great doing it though.

Falling in the deep is no problem to them, the problem comes nearer the coast when they are in what is basiclly foam, zero manoeverability to get air.

I'll stick to MTB'ing, just not Red Bull style off canyons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is Jeb Corliss "Grinding the crack" biggrin.png

I think I read somewhere that it took him years to plan.

He must fell very much alive after a glide like that and I think he would had done it even if the small action cams wasn't invented, those guys live for a rush like that.

Archived