Hunt for six Turkish illegal immigrants who escaped from Thai immigration detention

webfact

4 months in Monkey House (Jail) and they must have had enough. Thai police is lucky they didn't kill anyone after 4 <deleted> months in jail for a simple overstaying. Who knows what can 4 months in Thai Prison can do to your soul?

The OP said nothing about overstaying.

It said illegal entry.

How did they enter illegally? Swimming from Mediterranean sea?

Turkish citizens can enter Thailand with visa waiver for 30 days, why bother sneaking around when you can arrive legally and overstay (which is less a crime than illegal immigrant?). Yet again another vague news with no clear facts.

by vessels you can enter easily

They were in detention for 4 months? Why so long, if illegal pass judgement and ship them out.

Many of the detainees are held for a long time simply because they can not get the money for tickets out, and/or arrange for the tickets. The Thai Government does not provide this.

And I suppose it would not occur to the thais that holding people for months costs far more money than a one way ticket with a cheap carrier. And I suppose it would also not occur to the thais that it isn't humane to keep people in jail forever when their only crime is illegal immigration, not murder, rape, robbery etc.

Heck if I was detained for 4 months on illegally entering the country, I would have escaped as well. Who the heck knows what would have occurred if they stayed; life imprisonment for entering illegally? They should have never had to wait so long for exportation. I would have been stressed thinking that the out of the ordinary length of time spent imprisoned without exportation would have been connected to a potential set-up of some other criminal act.

• Like 1

six Turkish illegal immigrants might have suffered from stress after being detained for four months and tried to escape.

4 mounth in a thail jail for this matter is a bit exagerated and not too human

coffee1.gif

In the immigration detention center here in Bangkok some are held for several years for this sort of "crime".

Most sorry I feel for the North Koreans who sit in their practicality for life since Thailand work together with with the North Korean government and agreed not to let them have access to any kind of help, not from a lawyer and not from the UN....