Franchise Opportunities

Morning All!

I have located a real nice spot is about 100m from a main road and around many houses and a few government run buildings and a couple banks nearby, but most of all it is slap bang between 2 schools with approximately 7500 students plus teachers daily. The wife and I have looked and discussed on numerous occasions about what could be done there and here are a couple franchise ideas of what we looking at. 1. 7-11 franchise or 2. DQ franchise.

We are in a fairly large town and there are currently four 7-11 stores, but a good distance away from this location (1km approx) I think this location is perfect to pick up the mass students during the week and then would be quieter on weekends.. I know what most of your thoughts would be on the 7-11 franchise opportunity, but I would like a bit more thought in your replies. Is it a decent enough idea to setup, what type of ROI can they offer, support provided etc etc.

On the idea of DQ, the location is ideally suited to pick up the school kids, plus there is no DQ in our town (as yet) although I think outside of this it wouldn't pick up much else because it is just back of the main road. I haven't been able to find much about the DQ franchise so any advise on this option would be greatly received.

Now before everyone jumps in and says about who will run it and qualifications and trust etc etc, a bit of background of us. We have been in the town and married with kids for many years, we are business people with other businesses running. The wife has a bachelors of physics and a masters of business management. We own apartments, houses for rent and construction company, this is simply an add on business. It is unlikely that the wife would be manager and fitted in to the store, it is likely that we would take on a trained manager from 7-11 or DQ and watch them closely or source our own.

Please, your thoughts on this guys.

I cant help with any advice re franchise, but if it such a good location, it may be better and less bother to simply buy it and rent it out to the likes of 7/11 or DQ

I like your thinking Dean but unless Stu gets it running anything could happen ie this good spot realised about....and someone in the loop could open nearby first?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

No idea, but can say what happened where I live,

12 years ago built a house in a little Village, unmade road from main road 7 KM, the other way same and 6.8 KM to a small Town... on corner of main road 1x 7/11, other way in the town 1x 7/11..

few years ago the road was built and tarred, since then now between main road and where I live there are 7 x 7/11's.. 6x Tesco Express. [5 of these appeared within a few months of 7/11 opening and right next door to each other]. 1x Big C Mini, another just going up, and 3x CP... and 108 opened and a Tops, both these have now closed but the old Tops shop was being stacked yesterday, looks to be some sort of same store.

The Town itself now has 3x 3/11's and a Tesco Express...

So from what I can see if your on to a good thing and site then the competition will soon join you, more than likely next door