Gloves

seedy

What are your favorites for hot weather ?

Looking for increased abrasion resistance especially on palm of hand below little finger.

Any first hand stories of a particular brand and how they held up appreciated.

Leaning toward Alpinestar GP Air but no choice made yet.

Thanks

Got komine gaunglets last for if i dont remember wrong for 2400 thb. Dont have chance to test it fortunately but now have cracks at some plastic parts. It looks good, good value too but not the best quality

Alpinestar products also wear very fast what i see.

Revit and dainese have good gloves also panda rider has good selections.

I can't recommend anything in particular as I always prefer to see how each brand / model fit.

In saying that though, I recently picked up a set of ducati branded gloves and they work quite well for summer (knuckle and extra palm protection). Wouldn't recomendi re racetrack but definitely good enough for road speeds.

I have Alpinestars Masai gloves. New out this year I believe. Paddock doesn't have them but the new Alpinestars shop on Rama IV does. Made for hot weather, work well and come in 6 different design colours. The palm protection below the little finger looks very good though I have never tested them in a crash. Good quality but not that cheap.

My A* didnt last 7000 kilometers same with my A* boots. I wont be giving A* anymore $$

My SMX5 vented boots - 9 years and going strong. Made with synthetic leather which is why I bought them. Not a good climate for leather I have found.

I find most gloves don't last more than a year or 10,000KM here.

Whether they are cheap 300 baht or 3000baht A* SMX gloves, they tear from the on/off process with sweaty hands.

Now I purposely buy oversize gloves so they are easier to take on/off but I'm on a scooter so proper fit is not that important.

I have Taichi's RST400 now but only 1500km on them.

I think the money I am paying for is the protection and not longevity.

I suppose full synthetic would last the longest here, maybe next time i will look for those.

My longest lasting gloves have been my 10 yearl old Held's but I don't use them here so they have not been subjected to the sweat/salts like here.

here you go sorry about the crap pics. This is the brake boot so no excuse and the non throttle glove.

at track days, it is very common to see Alpinestar products duct taped! especially boots and gloves.

I've got a pair of shorty mesh ones for city riding, RS Taichi Raptor RST403 from Paddock (mis-labeled as RST407..). They're mostly mesh / clarino with a bit of leather so I just got a longer cuff full leather with Kevlar Held Evo Thrux from Germany for higher speeds outside the city and the track.

post-43886-0-88047900-1412675725_thumb.j

post-43886-0-93019100-1412675752_thumb.j

I've got a pair of shorty mesh ones for city riding, RS Taichi Raptor RST403 from Paddock (mis-labeled as RST407..). They're mostly mesh / clarino with a bit of leather so I just got a longer cuff full leather with Kevlar Held Evo Thrux from Germany for higher speeds outside the city and the track.

I did about 1.5 hours today of errands in Bangkok traffic at mid-day with the HELD, very surprised they vented really well. Warm for sure, but no discomfort and no sweat at all. I may use them daily instead of the RS Taichi.

Which one of you guys on a black CB650F with pillion waved at me today? :-)

I bought a pair of these last week in Paddock. I went with the idea of the SMX-2 Air but they are no better than the cheap chinese gloves with an extra 1000B on the price tag.

I looked at the GP Pro and was just about to invest in them, until I asked for some alternatives - the lady came up with the RS Taichi and I'm really happy, the clarino seems a lot better quality to the 1000B chinese gloves. I really like the carbon sliders on the palm and wrist bone and they seem to flow a fair bit of air. The finger and thumb have touch phone control patches and a little plastic spike on the top of the finger. They have more layers (ETS: than the A*'s ) on the fingers and a leather wrap on the pinkie finger.

A real bargain at 2,500B. They didn't have those white/red combo's tho - they look way cool.

Edited by recom273

use half gloves for hot from Taichi for hot city rides and for some slow rides. bought them for 800 thb and have palm slider - not so strong though - and kevlar knuckle protection.

it does the job and of course good ventilation, easy to wear and you can use your fingers/hands for various tasks but no finger protection.

Using it for 1,5 years and no problems, it looks durable.

But now it is 1250 thb!

http://www.paddock.co.th/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=334&virtuemart_category_id=35&Itemid=625

rs-taichi-rst405-half-finger-gloves.jpg

There's a sale in Paddock for anyone interested in picking up some new gloves or other gear. http://www.paddock.co.th/promotion/index_endyearsale01.html

LL2 looks like your gloves are now discounted to 950 during this sale if you want a spare pair: http://www.paddock.co.th/promotion/index_endyearsale05.html

i am looking for a leather one. this one was my spare half glove actually and although comfy, does not like its looks much.

My last half gloves was full leather but they got wiped out within a year.

I found these for a good 1200 thb. https://www.facebook.com/Safetybikeshop

Real taichi and real leather, palm sliders, and concealed knuckle and finger protection plus looks like ventilated well.

might buy them.

10712941_969420516405225_807828991365685

Anyone tell me if there are any motorbike accessory shops near the Skytrain or MRT stations?

Paddock is walking distance from Huay Kwang MRT.

However, why won't you ride your bike instead of taking public transportation?

Edited by Gweiloman

Anyone tell me if there are any motorbike accessory shops near the Skytrain or MRT stations?

Paddock is walking distance from Huay Kwang MRT.

However, why won't you ride your bike instead of taking public transportation?

Because I live in Central Thailand 250Ks from Bangkok. I have ridden to Bangkok before, but not this time. I will look it up when I am in Bangkok at the end of the month, thanks.