How far dare we go.

Elmer Gantry

How far are you as an individual prepared to go with expressing your views,opinions on a controversial topic such as the murders of the 2 Brits.I have been following the threads on here and also on various news websites to try and garner some sort of common feeling regarding this tragic event.I would have liked to have made some type of comment on Facebook,but I had a feeling it would either alienate me from my Thai friends ( non of them are close ). Or get no response from them whatsoever.I am not worried about losing them as friends on Facebook,but thinking more there might be some kind of backlash ( i.e complaining to police or immigration ) if they don't like what I am posting.I have not posted anywhere on this matter,as I think it has been well covered by more pertinent posts than I would have been able to make.This is not intended to be a Thai bashing post,more curiosity to find out if there are others with similar thoughts

Please feel free to comment,whichever way it you feel.

Well you already know there are others with similar thoughts on the issue of justice for the victims. Many of those "others" are Thais too so I can only surmise that you're worried about a backlash because you're planning on saying something beyond just criticism of the police investigation and the alleged cover up.

A generalisation about the country or its people that could anger your Thai FB friends.

You're hardly going to be the first farang in Thailand with something less than savoury to say about Thailand.

I wouldn't worry about it

I have no view or opinion about it.

So why did you bother to write a post and why did I bother answering you?

OP, you better keep clean with your comments on facebook, as you said you never know how these Thai "friends" of yours will react.

Write your thoughts and feelings on TVF, as I do, you are safe here.

• Like 1

OP, you better keep clean with your comments on facebook, as you said you never know how these Thai "friends" of yours will react.

Thank you Costa that's,exactly what I was thinking,would have replied the same to "What's that Indians name" but can't get onto the same wit level.

• Like 1

Could just like the page CSI LA on Facebook and share some of the pertinent posts in a mix of Thai and English on there, with Thais already commenting.

I haven't needed to post anything myself, some Thai friends are vitriolic in their posts 'I hate the <expetive> Thai police' etc. so I just like / comment on those, if it's public it'll then appear in other people's feeds so it's as good as posting myself.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

There should be an independent inquiry into the whole matter. If the Police are confident they have the right guys there's nothing for them to worry about and their reputation will be exonerated.

Similar case a few years ago with a young Welsh girl I believe. Burmese took the rap.

Everyone looks at these two Burmese kids and says how could they overpower even one full grown Falung.

Watch what you say. Read this http://www.samuitimes.com/police-charges-accusing-police-using-scapegoats/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Links-revealed-between-police-and-migrants-on-Koh--30244575.html

http://chn.ge/1BIh7X4

Good on you, OP. The thai police chief has just announced that the case is closed and any negative comments about the police pertaining to this case will be construed as insulting them and the authors will be liable for defamation.

There should be an independent inquiry into the whole matter. If the Police are confident they have the right guys there's nothing for them to worry about and their reputation will be exonerated.

Similar case a few years ago with a young Welsh girl I believe. Burmese took the rap.

Everyone looks at these two Burmese kids and says how could they overpower even one full grown Falung.

Just curious,the Welsh girl wasn't a teacher killed on a motor bike was she?

I understand that nobody likes to be criticized, however one should be able to draw a line between fair criticism and gratuitous insults.

Should i be punished for politely expressing my thoughts, so be it.

One can disagree without being disagreeable.

Many on TVF, and I dare say, FB, lack this capacity. As most on here are ex Special Ops, diplomacy is not their strong suite.

If you are able to diplomatically criticize a very specific group (The Koh Tao police --not all Thai Police, and certainly not all Thais), for a specific investigation and say where you think things have been mishandled instead of a generalized criticism of "the whole darn stupid Thai system" then there's no reason for your Thai friends to feel aggrieved.

As my mom used to tell me: medicine goes down better with honey.

T

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6276023.stm

If you're referring to Kirsty Jones who was killed in Chiang Mai a few years back, then no, she was raped and murdered in her guesthouse by a Thai somebody. Cops tried to pin it on a Burmese nobody.

The one thing that has been an eye opener with this case with reference to the TV coverage/posters commenting is how many wack jobs have been commenting to further one agenda or another...very surreal,

I didn't realise TV had so many members who were medical examiners, Video/photographic analysis experts, unarmed combat experts ex-sherlock holmes, but most troubling were posters who professed to be involved with the RTP, claimed to be leading the investigation, and started threatening people...blink.png

I personally dont have a problem people expressing an opinion and having a debate as long as they have a rational argument and don't start getting all hysterical when someone disagree's with them.

There sorts of debates can be had in civilised manner without upsetting anyone, but in the case of some of the comments on TV on this topic crossed the line a long time ago...

• Like 1

Since reading on TV this morning that any criticizing of the police is considered "Insulting an official" and insulting an official is a crime in this country,

I will post nothing but praise for the fine men and women of the RTP.

Keep up the good work!

Did I mention how good you look in those tight fitting uniforms?

Did I mention how good you look in those tight fitting uniforms?

One really hopes your a lady making remarks like this, if your not.....do you like the village people by any chance ?

thanks southpeel,can always rely on you for a subtle post,I will leave up to your imagination regarding what gender I am.You have a choice of 3,looking forward to your next post ducky.wink,wink nod,nod,know what I mean,sat no more.

Appears that the majority of people on line have serious doubts about the handling of the case, and with good reason to. Anyone that believes BIB statements, without question are likely to be living in a parallel universe, or are either BIB, wannabe volunteer BIB or related to BIB

Appears that the majority of people on line have serious doubts about the handling of the case, and with good reason to. Anyone that believes BIB statements, without question are likely to be living in a parallel universe, or are either BIB, wannabe volunteer BIB or related to BIB

There is at least one that is related....that i know off.

A lot of bird brains have made the same comment on these numerous threads. I know I'm going out on a limb here but...

I think the human creature figured out this tactic round the time of the stone age.

Ever heard of ambush, sneak attack, cunning, sucker punch(maybe enhanced with punch knife)... etc.? (the list is long.)

Ever used it, had it used on you or witnessed it in a mixup? Even seen it in a movie maybe?

Cunning beats out size every time, son.

No actually it was 2 Thai fishermen: Bualoy Kothisit, 23, and Wichai Sonkhaoyai, 24, who are now serving life sentences.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/1507482/Delicious-boasted-Katherines-sex-killers.html