Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats

Lite Beer

Thai Police, full of s...t. One more reason not to let the case down. Keep it up, fight for Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller

Over 32,000 people already signed and growing.

I suggest that they arrest all 32000.

Up to 34000 of us now and still counting

Amazing!!

You claim such widespread support.....

Thai Police, full of s...t. One more reason not to let the case down. Keep it up, fight for Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller

Amazing!!

Over 44,000 now.

Sean McAnna is the missing link.

He has said publicly who the real perpetrator/s is/are

Sean was there.

I believe david and hannah were invited to the beach by sean to have a drink with mon and nephew. They attacked david, sean stepped in and was stabbed in the arm and leg and run out of fear.

Sean has injuries consistent with david's.

Why would Mon and Sean be taking photo's of each other,

The Sean we've seen has no reason to lie.

Sean, please say something you will be a hero.

• Like 1

Amazing!!

Over 44,000 now.

Amazing!!!

County of 68 million... And you have 44k!!!!

Amazing!!

I suggest another reprehensible apologist for corrupt criminals be placed on ignore lists. Deprive the trolls oxygen.

Thank you!!

Always great when a forum noob ignores people with experience..

Tourists coming to Thailand need to be aware that Travel Insurance does NOT cover you in a Martial Law Country. Best to check with your Travel Insurer.

I suggest you check your claim. Most do not cover places in a state of emergency

Dear jdinasia,

Do you have children?

Are you someone's child??

Would you look into the eyes of someone who is bereaved and lost their family in an outrageously brutal way and mock the compassion and support and demands for justice that surround them in the form of this petition?

Well that IS what you are doing. I don't want to feed your sadistic fire but your attitude disgusts me.

Now on my ignore list. That feels sooooo much better.

Rest In Peace David and Hannah.

Edited by intune53
  • Like 2

Amazing!!

Over 44,000 now.

Amazing!!!

. . . and growing!

More than 68 million. A lot of the signatories are from the UK and Thailand so you need to add those populations together. Makes your case even stronger!

Some are from the US and Aus as well, so that's really quite a lot of people.

Nothing wrong in the UK investigating this. It was after all two UK citizens who were murdered and what has followed has raised a lot of suspicion. Suspicion that can immediately be quelled by a UK investigation corroborating Royal Thai Police findings.

The Thai police should jump at the chance. They'll look very good if they invite the British police to corroborate their evidence. No more suspicion. No damage done.

• Like 2

Amazing!!

Over 44,000 now.

Amazing!!!

County?

Nonetheless, perhaps you can start a petition supporting the impeccability of the investigation. Let's see how much support you get.

I wouldn't assume that someone listed as a Newbie is actually new to the forum. Critical thinking not your forte?

• Like 1

Amazing!!

I suggest another reprehensible apologist for corrupt criminals be placed on ignore lists. Deprive the trolls oxygen.

been on my ignore list for a while now, jokers.

Sean McAnna is the missing link.

He has said publicly who the real perpetrator/s is/are

Sean was there.

I believe david and hannah were invited to the beach by sean to have a drink with mon and nephew. They attacked david, sean stepped in and was stabbed in the arm and leg and run out of fear.

Sean has injuries consistent with david's.

Why would Mon and Sean be taking photo's of each other,

The Sean we've seen has no reason to lie.

Sean, please say something you will be a hero.

There have been a lot of weird theories as to what happened IE who did what,etc and haven't given any much credence, however this does sound plausible. But without an eye witness report we will never know.

I do know that in an honest investigation in a competent jurisdiction he would of course be a person of interest and would of been detained and thoroughly questioned, and his guitar and clothes would of been tested for DNA too, if not his personal DNA.

I am hoping though that the UK is quietly behind the scenes trying to locate Sean McAnna. Does anyone know UK law re Coronial Inquests? Could they compel him to attend?

Cheers.

Those who continue to ridicule the police, try to throw spanners into the works of the said investigation and make unfounded, unproven accusations against the Thai authorities, could be considered as enemies of the State, that I have no doubts will hold serious consequences for those detected.

Contrary to popular belief there are no 100% ways of staying anonymous online and when the IP addresses of the trouble makers are detected, the police can obtain a court order and impose that their ISPs submit the online activities of those concerned.

The people that are actively involved and making derogatory comments against the police and the Thai authorities on forums and in the social media who are staying in Thailand and following those living outside the Kingdom, such as participating in petitions and making negative statements are mugs, because they are leaving themselves vulnerable.and will be left holding the bag, for example visa extensions denied or even the possibility of arrest.

The above mentioned is only common sense and whether those involved continue to carry on with this of not is at their own risk and discretion.

You live and work on Koh Tao, right? You have a vested interest in tourists coming to the island, right? It would be in your interests if this all blew over quickly, right?

Koh Tao was on my "to go" list. I had plans to go to Koh Tao this new year with my family. I won't be going there now or any time soon. There's at least one murderer and/or two rapists on the loose, not to mention some extremely dubious other people.

Amazing!!

been on my ignore list for a while now, jokers.

I like what you and geraldbradford are about, but for one thing: I never put anyone on ignore. To me it is tantamount to sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling 'La la la.' Engage the contemptible - don't just pretend they are not there.

Those who continue to ridicule the police, try to throw spanners into the works of the said investigation and make unfounded, unproven accusations against the Thai authorities, could be considered as enemies of the State, that I have no doubts will hold serious consequences for those detected.

Contrary to popular belief there are no 100% ways of staying anonymous online and when the IP addresses of the trouble makers are detected, the police can obtain a court order and impose that their ISPs submit the online activities of those concerned.

The people that are actively involved and making derogatory comments against the police and the Thai authorities on forums and in the social media who are staying in Thailand and following those living outside the Kingdom, such as participating in petitions and making negative statements are mugs, because they are leaving themselves vulnerable.and will be left holding the bag, for example visa extensions denied or even the possibility of arrest.

The above mentioned is only common sense and whether those involved continue to carry on with this of not is at their own risk and discretion.

You live and work on Koh Tao, right? You have a vested interest in tourists coming to the island, right? It would be in your interests if this all blew over quickly, right?

Koh Tao was on my "to go" list. I had plans to go to Koh Tao this new year with my family. I won't be going there now or any time soon. There's at least one murderer and/or two rapists on the loose, not to mention some extremely dubious other people.

What my you think he has any vested interest in Koh Tao??

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And yet another excellent reason why all expats living in Thailand should leave in protest. Let's stop asking the tourists to boycott Thailand shall we and do something constructive ourselves. If I can leave in protest then so can you.

Remember your spending in Thailand helps fuel the system, a system that is corrupt enough to garner sufficient suspicion that is is a cover up. Whether the two Burmese are scapegoats or not remains unanswered but the fact is that any expat remaining in Thailand merely helps fuel this type of situation.

Right now there's a petition - http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller# I'm sure you've all seen it. Surely signing it is a good thing but it would be far more effective if thousands of you simply walked out of Thailand in process.... If I can do it so can you.

Really, <deleted>?! blink.png

I respect your decision to leave Thailand. But even if you were not aware of the ´dark side´ of Thailand, I´m pretty sure that most of the expats living here (for a few years at least) know pretty well what´s going on here.

Don´t get me wrong, of course this was a horrific crime, the police action and public statements were terrible, and maybe the guys apprehended are not really (the only ones) culpable. But living here for some time, that´s not really news is it?

Shall we go back to our countries like the US with dozens of serial killers, school massacres, gang violence and whatever? Or maybe to Mexico with hundreds of murder cases where the police/military is involved? Or maybe to Cambodia, where there is no violence whatsoever? Or to UK, where there are no unsolved murder/rape cases ? Or ... (insert any country in the world!). There must be hundreds of thousands of similar crimes happening all over the world every year, just you don´t see the pictures and that´s why you don´t care about those.

Don´t judge a whole country and it´s people for one murder case, please.

Yes all countries are full of danger.

However thailand is the only country that seems to targeting aspecific race. Namely white males and white females. Crimes against this group seems to be escalating out of control. People are feeling this is because most of the crimes against foreigners are unpunished and often times not even investigated. This is becoming known in criminal circles in Thailand and has placed every foreigner in great danger.

Do you think it could just be that it is the local and international media "targeting a specific race" namely white tourists?

The media prints and broadcasts what sells.

I suspect many Thai people are killed or "lost" that we and the international public never hears about.

Don't you?

• Like 1

Ok Ok …consider their truths….

They want us to believe…ok right

So if true …how many of these illegal lunatics *are on the loose ?

I am reading" Burmese worker in Thailand murdering westerners ?"

Surely , thats right>….Its what they are saying?

Illegal Burmese did it?

And they pay off cops there?

Thats got more international ramifications- as international concerns of those two Brutal murders on BrIts- and confessions highlight the threat….

Thousands of them?

*(just on that Island)

Maybe they should go back to the "real killers""

Edited by Fred Flinstone

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And yet another excellent reason why all expats living in Thailand should leave in protest. Let's stop asking the tourists to boycott Thailand shall we and do something constructive ourselves. If I can leave in protest then so can you.

Remember your spending in Thailand helps fuel the system, a system that is corrupt enough to garner sufficient suspicion that is is a cover up. Whether the two Burmese are scapegoats or not remains unanswered but the fact is that any expat remaining in Thailand merely helps fuel this type of situation.

Right now there's a petition - http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller# I'm sure you've all seen it. Surely signing it is a good thing but it would be far more effective if thousands of you simply walked out of Thailand in process.... If I can do it so can you.

Really, <deleted>?! blink.png

I respect your decision to leave Thailand. But even if you were not aware of the ´dark side´ of Thailand, I´m pretty sure that most of the expats living here (for a few years at least) know pretty well what´s going on here.

Don´t get me wrong, of course this was a horrific crime, the police action and public statements were terrible, and maybe the guys apprehended are not really (the only ones) culpable. But living here for some time, that´s not really news is it?

Shall we go back to our countries like the US with dozens of serial killers, school massacres, gang violence and whatever? Or maybe to Mexico with hundreds of murder cases where the police/military is involved? Or maybe to Cambodia, where there is no violence whatsoever? Or to UK, where there are no unsolved murder/rape cases ? Or ... (insert any country in the world!). There must be hundreds of thousands of similar crimes happening all over the world every year, just you don´t see the pictures and that´s why you don´t care about those.

However thailand is the only country that seems to targeting aspecific race. Namely white males and white females. Crimes against this group seems to be escalating out of control. People are feeling this is because most of the crimes against foreigners are unpunished and often times not even investigated. This is becoming known in criminal circles in Thailand and has placed every foreigner in great danger.

Do you think it could just be that it is the local and international media "targeting a specific race" namely white tourists?

The media prints and broadcasts what sells.

I suspect many Thai people are killed or "lost" that we and the international public never hears about.

Don't you?

Photos of dead Thai folk are in the Thai rags near every day. Dead farangs photos are posted on news sites here. We read about dead farangs near every day, but this case is a weee bit different because of the barbarity AND the reported "stuff" that has gone on during the investigation.. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Really, <deleted>?!

Thank you for your measured reply, was afraid I would by digitally lynched for my comment.

I would like to add that many times we do not hear about Thai on Thai crimes in the english press, plenty of murders and rapes.

And also we do not hear of many cases where crimes on foreigners are solved and Thai perpetrators are caught and punished. Just a few weeks ago some friends of mine were viciously mugged and beaten on a Samui beach. 2 days later the police caught the guys (Thais!) by finding the gold shop where they fenced the stolen gold. They are sitting in Samui jail together with many other Thais and Burmese who did crimes to foreigners.

• Like 1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765780-koh-tao-murders-thai-authorities-deny-scapegoat-allegation/?view=findpost&p=8484991

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765780-koh-tao-murders-thai-authorities-deny-scapegoat-allegation/?view=findpost&p=8484991

Not going to scroll through 440 posts.. Can't you link the post?

16 pages and 368 posts later

There is still not a single reference to "Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats",
in this entire thread apart from Samui Times or ThaiVisa and a few "Copy-Paste" forums off course, but absolute
no credible reference that Police will or has pressed charges against any people being critical of their work yet.

I would like to see at least one credible reference by Samui Times or ThaiVisa to a single charge by the police
for defamation for accusing the police of using scapegoats before I jump to any conclusions.

Or, is it just the usual bad choice of headlines?
Scaremongering in order to increase clicks?

Edited by JoeLing
  • Like 1

There is still not a single reference to "Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats",

in this entire thread apart from Samui Times or ThaiVisa and a few "Copy-Paste" forums off course, but absolute

no credible reference that Police will or has pressed charges against any people being critical of their work yet.

I would like to see at least one credible reference by Samui Times or ThaiVisa to a single charge by the police

for defamation for accusing the police of using scapegoats before I jump to any conclusions.

I can only assume you are unaware of the case in Phuket (RTNvBigIslandMedia.

Or the CCA... ETC.

Its called propaganda, fabricated rumours to scare the masses, normally distributed by sections of the media that are pro RTP.

few members on here like to use it too!

• Like 1

Or the CCA... ETC.

Your references are to complete different issues and not related to this article.

First RTN is not RTP and has nothing to do with police being critical in the

police conduct in relation to the Koh Tao murder inquiry.

Read again what the headlines of this article clearly states -

Or the CCA... ETC.

Your references are to complete different issues and not related to this article.

Phuketwan repeated a story defaming the RTP online. The RTN is suing them for criminal defamation. Clearly related to defamation online by others. Covered also by the CCA.

Its called propaganda, fabricated rumours to scare the masses, normally distributed by sections of the media that are pro RTP.

few members on here like to use it too!

Well finally. took at least 380 comments, completely unrelated to the topic in discussion,

to get an answer on a question I asked within the first few comments.

Thanks Bigjules007 to reaffirm what I thought the moment I read the headlines and could not find any

other media confirming that "Police have charged people for accusing police to use scapegoats".

I would even have given you a thumbs up if .....

you would just have left out the last 4 words of your first sentence wink.png

Or the CCA... ETC.

Phuketwan repeated a story defaming the RTP online. The RTN is suing them for criminal defamation. Clearly related to defamation online by others. Covered also by the CCA.

Yes, I'm sure we all know about defamation charges,

we all know how controversial the Computer Crimes Act is

but I still don't know who did the police charged for accusing

them of using scapegoats? Where are those references?

So, sorry jdinasia, you're not much of a help to my question.

You keep going on about complete different cases.

Bring references to reliable sources that there have been any

"Police charges for those accusing the police of using scapegoats"

and I will listen.

Until then, I assume this headlines are just pure "Buffalokee"

and most of the 380+ comments on here are not thread related "Buffalos ..t"