Extremely URGENT - 2nd entry date missed PLEASE HELP

Please leave the criticism out, I wasn't well prepared and it was my fault.

The last day to reenter was the 6th which ended an hour ago.

I would have made it but upon arrival to the closest long distance bus/train destination to the obscure border crossing I found out that no one would get me there on time. They said drive so reu mai daai but that's not the truth. The real reason was that they were tipsy/drunk and not interested in helping. Money apparently wouldn't have changed anything, dealing with some of those people made it obvious that they're not shy to ask for money, even outrageous prices.

I absolutely MUST be in Thailand (and not get arrested) for the next 45 days or so. That's unnegotiable.

If I go to the obscure border crossing with lax agents in the morning (7th), do I have any chance of getting my second entry? Is there any risk they'll call immigration/the police and get me in trouble?

- Please note I don't have enough money with me for the other country's visa and a new Thai visa (if I had been on time I wouldn't have had to actually cross the border. Lax officers...) I know, I know, bad planning... I don't usually carry that much money with me and this was supposed to be over in 5 minutes and smoothly too.

Please help and advice what to do. Please. Thank you to everyone.

I really have to be in Thailand for that time. I don't care about paying overstay later as long as it happens. I would like not to pay overstay because I can't really afford to waste such sums but I will if I have to.

Edited by qquestion

You can't use that visa anymore.

You can go to Mukdahan, cross to Savannkhet Laos in the early morning, apply and get tourist visa at 3 pm, cross back and travel to your place. You can even fly there, all depends on where you are.

I want to do things legally if possible. However, without going into personal details, I can afford overstay fines and even detention center (as long as I don't go there too early) more than I can afford not to be in Thailand when I need to be here.

You can't use that visa anymore.

You can go to Mukdahan, cross to Savannkhet Laos in the early morning, apply and get tourist visa at 3 pm, cross back and travel to your place. You can even fly there, all depends on where you are.

Oh... Thank you for the great idea... I really wish I had taken more money with me. There is no way I can afford that. Savannakhet is very far away. I think a ticket there would cost at least 600 baht. That would leave me... No, I thought it over, there is no way I can afford two visas with the money I have on me.

I have to go back home. What is my best option from there? I really MUST be in Thailand, is there ANY chance that a few days' overstay will make it more difficult for me to get in with a new tourist visa?

If you do as above levaning today for Mukdhan (there are night buses) is fully legal and your only fine is 500 Bt.

Will it be worse for my chances of getting a new visa/getting if I get a few days overstay instead of one?

I will go home now. I will check later. Thank you

First, forget about trying to get a backdated entry. That is not going to happen, whatever the immigration officer might be willing to do. Even at the remote entry points, details must be entered into the computer at time of entry and the computer knows the date.

The Mukdahan suggestion already made would be my first choice. Total cost from Bangkok, including one day overstay, travel and the Lao and Thai visas, would be around 4,500 baht.

Second choice, go to the immigration office and plead for an extension to get you through the next few days. You do not say whether you are already on an extension. If not, it should be easy. If so, a sympathetic immigration officer may still find a way to extend by another 7 days. Dress in your smartest clothes and be very polite (even if they are not). Expect this to cost (if successful) at least 2,400 baht (1.900 for extension plus 500 for overstay).

Good luck!

Doesn't really need a sympathetic officer. 7 days extension is granted in all cases.

Note that is unlikely that the "allowed until" date coincides with "entry before" date so is quite possible that the Op is still legal in country. All he has to do is to go get a new visa.

- Please note I don't have enough money with me for the other country's visa and a new Thai visa (if I had been on time I wouldn't have had to actually cross the border. Lax officers...) I know, I know, bad planning...

If I understand you correctly, you travelled to a land border crossing with a country whose name you did not mention but for which you would need a visa, with the intention of leaving Thailand and making the second entry with your double-entry tourist visa, without enough money in your pocket for the visa for the other country, counting on "lax" Thai immigration officials to grant you entry without the arrival and departure stamp of the other country.

You did not mention your nationality, which is unfortunate, because the nationals of some countries are entitled to visa exempt entries for 15 or 30 days depending on the nationality, and this stay can be extended for 30 days for a fee of 1,900 Baht. However, this information probably is of little help to you even if you qualify for a visa-exempt entry, if you do not even have enough money for the visa to the other country. There would be the overstay fine of 500 Baht and later the extension fee.

• Like 1

"You absolutely MUST be in Thailand (and not get arrested) for the next 45 days or so. That's unnegotiable"

And you go the the border with so Little Money that you can't afford to cross the border!!!! to activate your second entry in your visa !!!!!

It's unbelivable......

• Like 1

I understand everyone's confusion and being upset. I thank everyone for their replies.please allow me to explain.

I DID have enough money for the visa of the other country but not for the visa AND a new Thai visa. But I did not need a new Thai visa so why have money for it?

Why I did things like this? I can be stupid and not think ahead and naive and trust things to work out.

I didn't give too many details because I was also afraid I will get caught if I do.

Thank you to the person who pointed out that the allowed until date is not the same as the enter before date.

I forgot to check it. Thank you for all your help. I think I can manage now. I hope.

not sure if you are the desperate US guy who called us yesterday.

Anyway you can join us on a Visa Run to Cambodia, THB2,300.-, as a G7 Member State you get 30days and this can be extended by another 30days at Thai Immigration, so total 60days.

If you from one of these country Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE you can get 15days and than do the 30da extension at Thai Immigration= total 45days.

• Like 1