Police says its Koh Tao tourist murder case file solid for prosecution

webfact

Well okay then. Should be no problem passing the evidence to the UK coroner for pier review.

I dont Think the UK police or government has requested the files and I doubt they will. The ambassador here in thailand is confident the police is doing there work properly smile.png

There should be an inquest in the UK.

English victims of crime,would it not be expected to have a English Inquest!

Yes, English. Yes, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Yes, whatever the Scots do. Yes, Yes, Yes!

• Like 1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well okay then. Should be no problem passing the evidence to the UK coroner for pier review.

I dont Think the UK police or government has requested the files and I doubt they will. The ambassador here in thailand is confident the police is doing there work properly smile.png

There should be an inquest in the UK.

English victims of crime,would it not be expected to have a English Inquest????

A full inquest will be held in the UK on January 6.

On Monday, Mark Kent, the British ambassador in Bangkok, stopped short of offering full support to the Thai police investigation.

“Much speculation about UK views on Koh Tao investigation. UK has good relationship w Thai Police, but I have not commented on investigation,” he wrote.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

And don't forget that the day after the RTP were offered assistance from U.K cctv footage experts, they magically produced the 2 Burmese boys.

Huh mean 3 days after they said they would finish....they finished? That is magic??

This is the first time ive addressed you jd and it will be the last. Some of your posts border on ridiculous and I for one do not have time to deal with your pro RTP propaganda.

You and your cronies take great pleasure in discrediting all the holes that we are finding in this piss poor excuse for an investigation.

I have been receiving email after email from Thai nationals agreeing that this is a good old fashioned frame up and the rest of the world is starting to pay attention now.

What I do notice is that the more the news agencies are listening and starting to write about this, the more you PRO RTP supporters are appearing, some of you even threatening people.

Like I said to the other wafflers on here, think its beetle juice and the stuttering dodo, this has gone to far now and I think you know it, your posts are futile, we will not be silenced.

Come and get me@ New York, Paris, London, Rome.

Have a nice life.

PS some of your colleagues might need to take advantage of that new telephone helpline the RTP have just set up after this is all said and done.

Shame on you.

The police Samaritan hotline 1599 for suicidal officers? Not the Thai NHRC one for anonymous tip-offs re murders.

Don`t think jasian, bug juice or the sleeping parrot are cops, just apologists exchanging favours perhaps. You could say, to be charitable, that they provide balance, like flat-earthers in cosmology discussions.

Why (see OP) does the 800 page police prosecution file need to be "checked thoroughly for loopholes" if they have signed confessions and have incontrovertible dna evidence? And the Supreme Commander of the Pol Dept (the PM) and the Police Commissioner General have already pronounced them guilty. Under Martial Law and the New Interim Constitution they can overrule the Judiciary anyway.

Maybe for social media which PM admits causes trouble to his govt.

In sewing, loopholes are what you get if you stitch badly I believe?

Before it gets blocked, check out the 1st link. It`s only one page and is a view on police reforms from a surprising high-ranking insider. The message is clear even if wording is cautious. He maybe fears his family could be summonsed by ISOC to a "reconciliation centre" for `attitude adjustment` (see 2nd link).

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

http://isaanrecord.com/2014/09/28/reconciliation

And don't forget that the day after the RTP were offered assistance from U.K cctv footage experts, they magically produced the 2 Burmese boys.

Huh mean 3 days after they said they would finish....they finished? That is magic??

This is the first time ive addressed you jd and it will be the last. Some of your posts border on ridiculous and I for one do not have time to deal with your pro RTP propaganda.

You and your cronies take great pleasure in discrediting all the holes that we are finding in this piss poor excuse for an investigation.

I have been receiving email after email from Thai nationals agreeing that this is a good old fashioned frame up and the rest of the world is starting to pay attention now.

What I do notice is that the more the news agencies are listening and starting to write about this, the more you PRO RTP supporters are appearing, some of you even threatening people.

Like I said to the other wafflers on here, think its beetle juice and the stuttering dodo, this has gone to far now and I think you know it, your posts are futile, we will not be silenced.

Have a nice life.

PS some of your colleagues might need to take advantage of that new telephone helpline the RTP have just set up after this is all said and done.

Shame on you.

The police Samaritan hotline 1599 for suicidal officers? Not the Thai NHRC one for anonymous tip-offs re murders.

Don`t think jasian, bug juice or the sleeping parrot are cops, just apologists exchanging favours perhaps. You could say, to be charitable, that they provide balance, like flat-earthers in cosmology discussions.

Why (see OP) does the 800 page police prosecution file need to be "checked thoroughly for loopholes" if they have signed confessions and have incontrovertible dna evidence? And the Supreme Commander of the Pol Dept (the PM) and the Police Commissioner General have already pronounced them guilty. Under Martial Law and the New Interim Constitution they can overrule the Judiciary anyway.

Before it gets blocked, check out the 1st link. It`s only one page and is a view on police reforms from a surprising high-ranking insider. The message is clear even if wording is cautious. He maybe fears his family could be summonsed by ISOC to a "reconciliation centre" for `attitude adjustment` (see 2nd link).

Saved that link, interesting but not surprising, pretty much saying what we know but coming from one of the former top men.

Not to sure regarding the three stooges, they are on my ignore list so not paying to much attention to them, rather boring if you ask me.

We are making good progress though and posts like yours add credibility to waht we are saying about the RTP.

You guys are amazing.

Anyone who disagrees with you veiws is ridiculed or a abused and it's not the first time.

When the protests were on I was branded a red stooge plant all because I believed in democracy and the democratic process and the people who howled me down then are the same people who supported the junta and now are getting a taste of freedom of speech and what it's liked to be silenced.

So now I have been accused of being a police plant and planting stories on here on behalf of the royaly thai police.

I mean do you guys honestly believe that.

Anyway I have never abused anyone and I have copped plenty and have never reported one member I'm a big boy and it's all water off a ducks back and to state that anyone who dare opposes you should ring the police suicide hotline just shows what sick uncaring people. are really on here.

Anyway do carry on with your graphic descriptions of the crime scene and your expertise in forensic science and good luck in solving the crime.

Here a hint though getting a degree in forensic science my be a good start instead of pure speculation and accusations which are completly unfounded with a good measure of Thai and Burmese bashing thrown in for good measure.

• Like 1

I dont understand why there cannot be an inquiry or inquest in the UK. They manage to do it for lady Di who died under suspicious circumstances. As for the The Ambassador here saying he is satisfied. then he would say that wouldn't he. Privileged life style paid for by UK tax payers like you and me so strategy is "don't stick your head above the ramparts ".

They will probably have an inquest as they would in Australia where all suspicious death of citizens either home or abroad have a local inquest. This does not determine guilt or innocence. A Conoroner must sign off on a suspicious death to enable it to be officially recorded. The Coroner may make his findings in chambers or he may call for witnesses. It is his decision.

Have a nice life.

Shame on you.

I fully understand your response.

You make a claim about the magical timing and I point out that they had said they would finish. Totally destroying your conspiracy theory on that issue.

The rest of your response is just an ad hominem attack as a result of getting spanked

Have a nice life.

Shame on you.

Other than the attacks on members.. The rest of this post shows the flawed thinking of the conspiracy theorists.

The longer a document is the more review it requires. Making sure that it does not contain any issues that could allow these guilty men to escape justice is important.

Edit : really link 1.

The only argument contained in it is that the 3rd most senior police officer got the promotion? It doesn't discuss the merits of the 2 more senior officers, their history, nor how they gained seniority in a system that the author admits has been subborned in the past.

Edited by jdinasia

penalty. Its an international affair with NGOs, International media and Burmese embassy involved. Just how influential could some "mafia" or "well connected" bar owning family on a tiny island could be?

Im still confused about the foreign busker guy.. could just be hes totally paranoid and on drugs? Or an idiot trying to make a sensationalist story to get hits to his blog or whatever

I agree with you , even the big headman on this tiny island can't control RTP outside his own territory . In Bangkok ,the P.M and politicians running this country want to catch the real killers, it doesnt matter if he is a wealthy thai person or a poor Burmese really.

I can understand the mafia on the island can control the local police but not outsiders who's been in charge of most of the investigation .

It seems you either don't understand Thai culture, or conveniently ignore it.

Your posts have droned on and on, Balo, defending incompetence and corruption that is at a level that can only be described as evil.

It's not the influence of the local mafia, it's the influence of the local senior police.

It's also, much more so, about Face. At a national level.

Never seen a post like that which is so ignorant of how Thailand function, in all walks of life not just in this instance. Maybe a trip to the law courts might help.

Why do some invest so much emotional energy in denying what is evident almost everyday in Thailand.

This is just on a grander scale.

The people are nice it's the institutions and the hierarchical nature that is wrong. Most Thais I know don't even find other Thais as a whole trust worthy.

Plus all the other cases that also happened to be migrant workers .

At this rate it would appear to be more dangerous to visit Burma !

There is way more to consider than "some local mafia" guy on a little island. It is about "Thai image", as the RTP have said over and over again. Does anyone here think that the local police are NOT in cahoots with the local mafia, that is how they make the bulk of their income. If the mafia guys go down, you can be sure they take the po-po with them. AND, that will make the whole thing unravel and be an even bigger loss of face, for local police and national police, and it would ruin the Thai image even more.. Possibly, losing billions in tourist dollars...or pounds....or baht. Just speculation based on the history of past events and actual experiences with the police here, making my speculation a hellava lot more believable than that police investigation.

I am not defending Thai corruption but I am allowed to have my own opinion in this tragic case .

Some of you guys just can't believe the migrant workers did the crime , because from the very start it was said that Thais would blame it on them anyway.

Well we have a confession , they were drunk , they didnt mean it but it just happened, this is the news thats getting out after a conversation with the lawyers.

Should we believe it or not ? It's up to you , but I have no problems to see that they could have done it, even if they are poor migrant workers.

Surely it must be to the advantage of the Thai police at this point to have the DNA evidence re-examined by an independent overseas agency with DNA taken directly from the suspects and compared with the DNA found in the victim.

That must be the best and only way they are going to be able to remove any doubt and prove their case to the world.

If they will not and do not do this then doubt will always remain in spite of confessions.

• Like 1

Surely it must be to the advantage of the Thai police at this point to have the DNA evidence re-examined by an independent overseas agency with DNA taken directly from the suspects and compared with the DNA found in the victim.

That must be the best and only way they are going to be able to remove any doubt and prove their case to the world.

If they will not and do not do this then doubt will always remain in spite of confessions.

Agreed!

INDEPENDENT DNA TESTING

Have a nice life.

Shame on you.

Other than the attacks on members.. The rest of this post shows the flawed thinking of the conspiracy theorists.

The longer a document is the more review it requires. Making sure that it does not contain any issues that could allow these guilty men to escape justice is important.

The only argument contained in it is that the 3rd most senior police officer got the promotion? It doesn't discuss the merits of the 2 more senior officers, their history, nor how they gained seniority in a system that the author admits has been subborned in the past.

His conclusion was "Police Reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police." Quite something coming from a high ranking insider, loyal right-winger of the yellow persuasion.

Apologies, remarks not meant as attack. Just trying to lighten the tone as some comments by posters a little OTT and was keen to say you probably don`t work for police . I`m tempted to use the good general`s words from his first apology but I don`t want to make anyone sad.

Still don`t see the need for review when the Supreme Commander of Police Dept and his top cop the Police Commissioner General have announced they have the guilty parties and can overrule the Judiciary anyway.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886.

Edited by heyexile

Have a nice life.

Shame on you.

His conclusion was "Police Reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police." Quite something coming from a high ranking insider, loyal right-winger of the yellow persuasion.

Apologies, remarks not meant as attack. Just trying to lighten the tone as some comments by posters a little OTT and was keen to say you probably don`t work for police . I`m tempted to use the good general`s words from his first apology but I don`t want to make anyone sad.

Still don`t see the need for review when the Supreme Commander of Police Dept and his top cop the Police Commissioner General have announced they have the guilty parties and can overrule the Judiciary anyway.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886.

I am not surprised that you left out the conditional phrase leading to that statement.

"As a Prime Minister, Gen.Prayuth is also the supreme commander, by law, of the Police Department. If he started operating without considering the merit system, the behavior and morality of police personnel then he will be no different than Pol.Lt.Col. Thaksin Shinawatra who appointed and transferred police officers as he pleased without considering any rule or regulation.

Police Reform will not be possible.

Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police."

That is a big "if" that you left out. I can see why you left it out though!

The author acknowledges the cronyism present in the Thaksin years and issues a warning.

Long term, this may end up being a catalyst for change. The more noise is made, the greater the chance of reform. Thailand will never improve itself, because it is the right thing to do. It will never admit is needs to improve. The extreme presence of "face" means the country is incapable of introspection, and if change happens, it will be forced upon Thailand from the outside. Only shame, and extreme embarrassment will bring this on. There is a lot of egg on the face of this nation, right now. Thailand's police are the laughingstock of the planet at the moment, and perhaps never before has the world seen it, to this extent. So, we can only hope this could be the start of some improvement of the RTP. Nearly everybody in Thailand already knew this was needed. Now, millions worldwide see what is required. Competence, professionalism, the ability to deny a persons ability to walk Scot free due to a family name, cash, rank, or influence, real training, better salaries, world class forensic equipment, etc, etc. So much is required, as the RTP is a completely broken organization from top to bottom.

Bookings world wide massively down - Thailand suffers over this case-

Lets hope it learns in Future.

The brutal case highlights peoples worst fears-

Killers still at large

Which is likely untrue.

we will not be silenced.

Umm. you're on an anonymous internet Forum, not protesting outside the Police HQ.

Do you really think bickering on here makes one iota of difference to anything other than your blood pressure ? giggle.gif

Though truthfully the internet is far less anonymous than people think even when using a VPN.

Police says its tourist murder case file solid for prosecution

OK, but now.....

Prosecutors seek changes

Now I am confused.

funny police say it's solid and the prosecution throw it back at them saying it has flaws. The police have been bumbling and making stupid comments since day one

Killers still at large

Which is likely untrue.
It has learnt to threaten people with arrest and charges if they don't agree with them and buy a round of drinks in celebration of a job well done.

Killers still at large

Which is likely untrue.
It has learnt to threaten people with arrest and charges if they don't agree with them and buy a round of drinks in celebration of a job well done.

Not accurate.. But don't let that bother you

we will not be silenced.

Umm. you're on an anonymous internet Forum, not protesting outside the Police HQ.

Do you really think bickering on here makes one iota of difference to anything other than your blood pressure ? giggle.gif

Maybe bickering on here is counter productive but contacting the press and various media outlets is not Mr know it all.

What have you done to make a change lately??