Day trip to Ayutthaya

darkian

So me and my friend would like to go to Ayutthaya for a day on the bike - it's a road bike though, not really suited to dirt tracks etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for routes or places to go? My friend has some ideas, she's got a few temples she wants to show me.

And also I'm discovering that traffic in this city is a nightmare even on a bike - what would be a good route north out of the city from Ekkamai early on a Sunday morning, around 7am? Should I head towards Bang Kapi, Lad Phrao and then across towards Don Muang?

Any advice appreciated!

Great, thanks.

By dirt roads, I meant the roads to any remote ruins or temples people might suggest. I know the roads to get to Ayutthaya itself are solid enough, so yeah was more just the traffic. I'm not shy of having a weave through the traffic queues etc, but on a big bike with a passenger it gets tedious after a while!

pang pa in summer palace and only Gothic Buddhist temple of Thailand across the palace.

also there are other minor roads heading ayutthaya. in ayutthaya you can go to floating market. sunday is not a good day for ayutthaya though, crowded with weekenders.