2 Injured in street fight with gang in North Pattaya

Rimmer

2 Injured in street fight with gang in North Pattaya

fight-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Just before 4.30am on Tuesday, Police and medics were called to Pattaya Third Road to deal with the aftermath of a fight involving two men who were reportedly set-upon by a gang of youths they had previously encountered in a Pub.

The attack took place in front of the Full Moon Party Bar on Pattaya Third Road causing injuries sustained to Khun Samat aged 22 and Khun Mondree aged 20. Khun Samat was seriously injured and was in an unconscious state. Khun Mondree was conscious but sustained serious head wounds which were treated in Hospital.

Khun Mondree told Police that the pair had gone to a Pub at the northern end of Pattaya Third Road and encountered a gang of youths. A minor altercation took place inside the pub and the pair decided to hail a motorbike taxi to take them home.

As they drove along Third Road, 3 of the gang members approached from behind and ordered the motorbike taxi driver to stop which he complied with.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/149066/2-injured-in-street-fight-with-gang-in-north-pattaya/#sthash.MHDaQtbm.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-08

So evidently the days of using fists to give someone a punch have gone in Thailand? Now it's gangs armed with pieces of wood as with the parking attendant who hit the 70-year-old foreignerbah.gif

When did said 'days' ever exist in Thailand or anywhere else in SEA ? Queensbury Rules are for the boxing ring - this type of attack is commonplace in Thailand and everyone here knows it, but I'm going to predict that this news item will get nowhere near the attention it would have gotten if the victims had been Farang - not Indian/Arab/Russian, but white Farang from a developed country.

(Section removed by Mr WW - North Pattaya not Bang Lamung - my mistake)

And the 70-year old wasnt attacked by a gang - that's a separate incident and I'd appreciate it if you could confine your comments to this particular attack. I would also point out that several high profile killings in Australia have involved a single punch to the head from a lone attacker - the assumption that people can sort out their 'differences' mano-et-mano and walk away belongs back in the 1950s.

Edited by MrWorldwide

So evidently the days of using fists to give someone a punch have gone in Thailand? Now it's gangs armed with pieces of wood as with the parking attendant who hit the 70-year-old foreignerbah.gif

When did said 'days' ever exist in Thailand or anywhere else in SEA ? Queensbury Rules are for the boxing ring - this type of attack is commonplace in Thailand and everyone here knows it, but I'm going to predict that this news item will get nowhere near the attention it would have gotten if the victims had been Farang - not Indian/Arab/Russian, but white Farang from a developed country.

(Section removed by Mr WW - North Pattaya not Bang Lamung - my mistake)

And the 70-year old wasnt attacked by a gang - that's a separate incident and I'd appreciate it if you could confine your comments to this particular attack. I would also point out that several high profile killings in Australia have involved a single punch to the head from a lone attacker - the assumption that people can sort out their 'differences' mano-et-mano and walk away belongs back in the 1950s.

Very true MrWW. A disabled 40 something man was killed with one punch by an athletic 20 something attacker in the UK. The cctv was posted on YouTube. You can see the attacker set himself and wind the sucker punch up. The disabled guys "mistake" - he told the the attackers friend not to cycle on the pavement but to use the adjacent clearly marked cycle lane. For this, the attacker punches him as hard has he can and then casually walks on without a care in the world. His punishment 4 years.

And some on here think so called British justice is wonderful and could teach the Thais and anybody else a thing or two. Pfiff.

• Like 1