Is their a Irish/British Pub in Vientiane?

thaimeister

As far as I know, there is not a British/Irish bar there. Vientiane is quite a sleepy capital city. More like a provincial town. The Bor Ben Nyang seems to be the most popular "foreign type" bar in Vientiane. It is upstairs on the main road in front of the river and close to the night market. It was quite crowded the night I was in there with some colleagues.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I was there but there was a nice looking bar called 'The Half Moon' or 'The Rising Moon' that I didn't have time to visit.

Turn left out of the bar mentioned above and it's not far down the second or third road (or Soi) on the left; I seem to remember there's a hotel on the corner.

I'd be checking it out if I ever went back.

As far as I know, there is not a British/Irish bar there. Vientiane is quite a sleepy capital city. More like a provincial town. The Bor Ben Nyang seems to be the most popular "foreign type" bar in Vientiane. It is upstairs on the main road in front of the river and close to the night market. It was quite crowded the night I was in there with some colleagues.

+1

This rooftop bar is the best bar in Vientiane IMO, live music, pool tables, good atmosphere and modern decor and great views over the riverbanks and night market.

Edited by thai20144