Gen. Prawit urges underground resistance to stop

webfact

Gen. Prawit urges underground resistance to stop

BANGKOK, 8 October 2014 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense General Prawit Wongsuwan has called for a stop to all underground political movements and asked the press to stop inquiring about the lifting of martial law, saying the Prime Minister has already clarified the issue.

According to General Prawit, the administration demands that all underground anti-government movements stop, as the government is functioning in accordance with the law.

He urged the press to stop inquiring about the lifting of martial law because the Prime Minister has already made clear that when the situation back to normal, when reform has been made, and when no underground resistance exists, he will scale down the government’s control.

General Prawit pointed out that the martial law doesn't interfere with the daily lives of the general public, and only those who wish to cause insurrection are affected by the law. He also said the government doesn't prohibit academic discussions as long as they are not related to politics.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-08 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My suggestion is they should implement a network of spies throughout the community. Anyone mentioning anything that may be critical of the government can then be monitored and reported back to the command center, or quickly wisked away to detention in re-education camps. It could be modelled after the East German or KGB model. Although North Korea have done a great job at exterminating their underground resistance as well.

Also offer cash rewards for people to report on family members and turn in these rats. Elimate all free thinking. The Big Brother General Prawit will make all of your decisions from now on

• Like 2

Stop inquiring about the lifting of martial law, academic discussions are ok as long as they don't involve politics so what's left.

Let's discuss the weather if that's permissible. Dictatorship what dictatorship ?

First of all political discussions in the matter of if we should buy a new street or give money for farmer isn't banned.

Banned is PDRC, Thaksin, Red...Democracy propaganda.

And having no political discussion for a year is better than civil war with the reds shooting demonstrators.....Let the protester and the reds go home for a year is surely a good idea.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck. No doubt we are witnessing a powerhungry dictatorship growing!!sad.png

Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong-Un start to look like good democrats!!

I can't see re-education camps or soldiers shooting at civilians. Also no torture.

No red shirts get missing.....

Internet is working with restrictions that are not noticed and can be worked around easily.

I don't think Robert and Kim are so friendly....

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck. No doubt we are witnessing a powerhungry dictatorship growing!!sad.png

Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong-Un start to look like good democrats!!

Somebody here completely lost a feeling for reality. What kind of people can argue like this? Lost case, I suppose.

Presumably by "underground political movements", he means anybody criticising the junta and its apparatchiks. Paranoid much, or just a convenient excuse to prolong power under martial law?

I guess he and gen.anupong didn't regard being the "secret" backers behind the suthep/PDRC protests as being part of an underground political movement?

I guess he and gen.anupong didn't regard being the "secret" backers behind the suthep/PDRC protests as being part of an underground political movement?

why should he when some of the not-so-secret backers of the PRDC and PCAD are in the 'NLA' and 'NRC'?

OK, ok, ok, I know....

That's not 'underground' so it's alright.

• Like 1

I agree with the Generalissimo

"General Prawit pointed out that the martial law doesn't interfere with the daily lives of the general public, and only those who wish to cause insurrection are affected by the law. He also said the government doesn't prohibit academic discussions as long as they are not related to politics."

Its the same as those people who whinge and moan when they have a Police CCTV camera installed opposite their house or have their phone tapped and their calls recorded. If you are not doing anything wrong what harm can it do ??

Here Here General, at last some common sense

Let's discuss the weather if that's permissible.

Yes, sure. Full Orange Moon will be out tonight, however, somewhat cloudy over BKK Airport now so not much to see. sad.pngblink.png

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win