Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams.

Youve got to have a degree to get into the police i am led to believe so they are educated to some degree.

As someone who left school at 15 i find your comment about education patronising as if plagiarising Karl Marx from some degree mill somehow makes one intelligent and decent.

They have to pass an entrance exam, not have a degree.

Plagiarism and the presenting of degrees purchased from degree mills are both fraudulent activities and obviously irrelevant when discussing actual education.

You might also care to note the 'and' between 'poorly educated' and 'not very bright', these are entirely separate concepts, but both would apply to you.

Funny how ive a job that means im in the best 1% paid in the UK, you on the other hand have to go to Thailand to find a Issan bride.

I have to post here as I have reached the limit on the last one.

If the only mistakes you can find are missing apostrophes then that just shows how poor your English actually is. If it were an English lesson then you would have been being taught something rather than being criticised. The criticism of your intelligence and education started when you dismissed the higher education system as being something of a culture of fraud and was expanded when you retaliated by stating that you earn a high wage. What do you really expect when you say such silly things?

OK. Back to the topic. Thai Police do not require a degree to pass entrance, they have to be between 20 and 27 and have at least a junior high school education. They sit an exam and if they pass this exam they then go on to one of the Police Schools or the Police Cadet Academy. If they intend to go to the academy there is another much harder exam process first. The vast majority go to the one year Police School and attain a Diploma in Police Science, a smaller elite go to the Academy for four years and get a Bachelors in Police Administration. Those graduating from Police School start as Police Officers and those from the Academy as Sub-lieutenants. No need for a degree for entrance, in fact they have a rule that no previous higher education can count toward the degree or the diploma. Once ranking police they do all have some education, even if it is just a one year diploma they are still highly educated in comparison to you though, hey?

Oh, do I actually know about the process and is it actually YOU who knows nothing about the process?

Just out of interest, if you don't go on holiday to Thailand or intend to live in Thailand then why are you on a Thai forum? Mail order bride?

Yawn. Again

Private message please.

Well, a couple people seem to like it so I think I will keep posting publicly, thanks anyway.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out his page at www.soundcloud.com his made 3 remarks denying he knows anything about everything and some stories popping up re his seedy sordid past and something about 2 canadian girls gang raped he set up on KT ??? <deleted> ?????

• Like 1

RTB (Rotten Thai Police), you can be proud of you:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2787956/family-friends-british-tourist-murdered-beach-thailand-wear-flowers-hair-tribute-23-year-old-funeral.html

Because you are also responsible; not only for the incompetence and the corruption; but also for the murders. Without your "protection", this might have never happened. But because you are so corrupted, because you are mafia, some people act like this because they think that they are covered, protected. You RTP are insane, disgusting, a shame for Thailand and Humanity in general.

Mister Prime Minister General. I am sure that many Thai people are furious against the RTP you even said you would reward for their "perfect" job. I am naive (or stupid) enough to be believe that you have been misled by your own hierarchy. So instead of blocking CSI LA and continuing of restricting freedom of speech, I would highly encourage you to take some decisive actions and in the right direction: JUSTICE. Among others, CSI LA has greatly helped the investigation, not like your incompetent and corrupted RTB you want to reward.

Well said toonsai. That article is blocked here so can you simply post the article on here in full ?

Not blocked for me, try using Mozilla Firefox and google perhaps..

Disgraceful that The powers that be have such censorship ideas,

As others have said, feel as secure as you would in Nrt Korea...you opinion can see you charged, what a farce..

Looks like CSI LA blocked in Thailand now.

Not for me, can still access it. Anyone else been blocked?

I posted it before, but just because you ask here:

"If people are "blocked" I bet they connect through TOT... They seem to block "very (over) eagerly". They block websites which you can freely access through your Thai mobile provider (on your mobile or tethered to your computer) and also other Thai, non-TOT, ISP's allow access to websites "blocked" by TOT."

No its working.

"If people are "blocked" I bet they connect through TOT... They seem to block "very (over) eagerly". They block websites which you can freely access through your Thai mobile provider (on your mobile or tethered to your computer) and also other Thai, non-TOT, ISP's allow access to websites "blocked" by TOT."

If you saw the house the chief of police has on Koh Damui you would have to conclude that he came from a family of millionaires !! A policemans daily wage is less than 400 baht for a 12 hour day that is why they take bribes to support there low income I also read

today any policeman who arrest a person who tries to bribe them with a payment will get 10,000 baht for reporting the individual already two policeman have been rewarded in the last 72 hours it will be interesting to see how long this will last as I can see the government having to pay out a lot of 10,000 baht rewards !

If you saw the house the chief of police has on Koh Damui you would have to conclude that he came from a family of millionaires !! A policemans daily wage is less than 400 baht for a 12 hour day that is why they take bribes to support there low income I also read

today any policeman who arrest a person who tries to bribe them with a payment will get 10,000 baht for reporting the individual already two policeman have been rewarded in the last 72 hours it will be interesting to see how long this will last as I can see the government having to pay out a lot of 10,000 baht rewards !

Such overt displays of wealth by the rtp are everywhere in Bangkok. Do these police not warrant any type of inquiry either from the army either ? I do like the earlier posting about the sheeshah operators in Soi 3 sukhumvit. That really summed up the power structure SHIFT for me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Does that mean that the headman will get his money back from the police?? alt=whistling.gif>

Have you ever heard of BIB who pay back a "bribe"?

In Memoriam:

Today was Hannah`s "party" as her family said.

A few days ago, David`s funeral was held.

"May God bless and keep you always". Gone but not forgotten.

At David`s funeral his friends sang Dylan`s powerful, haunting "Forever Young".

Another line from that song:

"May you always be courageous

Stand upright and be strong"

I believe David and Hannah were. Blessings and peace.

http://azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobdylan/foreveryoung.html

• Like 1

I wonder if the brittish embassador still thinks this is a perfect job by the thai police.... he should get fired..

The British Ambassador did NOT say it was a perfect job, the Thai police said he said it, Mark Kent stated on his Twitter account that he NEVER said what the Thai police said he said, now please return back to your barstool coffee1.gifwai.gifwai2.gif

Mate the ambassador has been largely absent from any discussions

Smiling and shaking pollies dirty hands sitting on their gilded thrones is a poor show in this case. In other cases chum , this may have worked.

Two brutal murders of nationals- no. This is no time to sit back.

Kents not faring well in the popularity stakes over this. Badly handled and the moral to the story for mark for next time there is a national emergency, is to get a PR company on your payroll! May pay off. I hope to are better.

• Like 2

What will RTP do now?

Deny evytig and it never happened.

Im so glad this is ifnally goin nternatinal.

Too bad it has been lke that.

Eerybdy knws the police is just like a mafia.

I feel so sorry, not just for tese Myanmar workers, but for all exploded iin he land of LOS

Edited by bernard75

Add this to the fresh concerns raised about the earlier suspicious death of a British holidaymaker, and tourism looks set to collapse, at least for Koh Tao.

Don't know what they can do but hope British police take this case up as well.

Add this to the fresh concerns raised about the earlier suspicious death of a British holidaymaker, and tourism looks set to collapse, at least for Koh Tao.

Don't know what they can do but hope British police take this case up as well.
Just keep up all the pressure on all social media and they will have to, in the end.....i hope.... but IMHO i would have been happy if the thai police farce said on day 1. Look there has been a very serious crime on tao, right now the poice are understaffed to handle it alone so we are sending a team of police to assist so please be patient and let us do our job without interuption... gathering all evidence is going to be difficult and a long task but will do our very best to solve this case correctly assuring the tourists not to worry we will not stop until this is solved.......instead of blah blah lie lie more lies and ooohh i know lets loe some more to save our skin... god i really h*t* the police. At least with yhe above the world might not think ur all ferking lying w*nk*rs.
  • Like 1

If the liberz-somyot blog site can be believed, it appears the entire current chain of command in Thai government is behind the cover up. Those two Burmese boys might be up against extreme power, not just the police.

Yep. Remember who is Supreme Commander of Police Dept (PM) and who appointed the man in charge of this case, ie the Police Commissioner General.

One of the guys bravely mentioned by Kenjai (#247 #249) was videoed in front of pic of Suthep, referring to him as my Uncle, I believe?

"We battle not against mere flesh and blood, but against Powers and Principalities."

• Like 2

I wonder if the brittish embassador still thinks this is a perfect job by the thai police.... he should get fired..

The British Ambassador did NOT say it was a perfect job, the Thai police said he said it, Mark Kent stated on his Twitter account that he NEVER said what the Thai police said he said, now please return back to your barstool coffee1.gifwai.gifwai2.gif

If Mark Kent did indeed not say what has been made public, then he needs to demand a retraction from those who quoted him and not hide away behind his twitter account! If people are telling porkies , then what is stopping him calling them out ? Something to hide?

Even better, grow some balls and demand the Thai's sort this shit out now or relations will suffer! Too much to ask?? He is the British Ambassador, right? Representing those Brits so savagely mutilated, raped and murdered? Oh, and their tax paying families!

• Like 1

Posted on Time.com link below

http://time.com/3487462/thailand-koh-tao-murders-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-zaw-lin-win-zaw-htun/

"The Investigation Into Thailand’s Backpacker Slayings Is Officially a Farce"

Thanks for posting that. It appears this debacle really is getting international attention in a big way. Let's hope the pressure cooker blows up in the faces of these lying pricks.

The RTP are so used to backing their version of events with threats and intimidation against any questioning of their actions and statements, that they are at a complete loss as to what to do now.

How do you threaten and intimidate mass media from all around the world?

Whatever the outcome of this case, you are going to see an improvement from the RTP when it comes to potential high profile investigations concerning citizens of other countries.

That maybe the only good thing to come out of this farce.

I wish I shared your optimistic outlook, but I don't. As long as people are not held accountable for their actions (and since saving face is paramount that's not going to happen) nothing will change.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No surprise there.

Well its looking more likely the killers could still be out there, while the BIB are deciding what to do next,

May I suggest the possibility this may not be such a unique event as first portrayed, others have been raped and even killed on KT recently

Time to start digging and looking for any other deaths, suicides, drownings rapes or serious beatings etc on Koh Tao and surrounding Islands over the years.

Watch the reports of rapes over this months full moon party or anything else of late like people winding up dead,

I reckon its worth looking into, a pattern may emerge.

To me it is looking more like;y the killers will got off Scott Free.

Guess this is what happens when you get a team of lawyers to assist you for free and publication.

Worked for O.J.!

Not to speak ill of Thai authorities, but if they don't come clean and it is proven that these confessions were coerced and that there was a coverup saving face will be the least of their problems. I had high hopes that under the military junta that finally things would be less subject to corruption, but apparently it takes a lot longer to root out this level of corruption.

The Junta is all talk, they don't want to change things. The Junta and the general made a public statement they are extremely happy with the BIB and thier conduct in this fare and they are going to reward them.
  • Like 2

Not to speak ill of Thai authorities, but if they don't come clean and it is proven that these confessions were coerced and that there was a coverup saving face will be the least of their problems. I had high hopes that under the military junta that finally things would be less subject to corruption, but apparently it takes a lot longer to root out this level of corruption.

The Junta is all talk, they don't want to change things. The Junta and the general made a public statement they are extremely happy with the BIB and thier conduct in this fare and they are going to reward them.

No its working.

Blocked for me! Should I take this personally ?

TOR browser will work for any country including Thailand,

All the other browsers are obsolete anyway as the NSA has taken them to task and threatens them with prosecution,

welcome to the 4th Reich

• Like 2

I think many are writing off the General a bit early.

They may be right but his job is a big one and he said before the coup that soldiers do not make good politicians.

He is in a job now that has had a very steep learning curve and he is still on it. Of course he has to defend his police force regardless

of his personal views.

How much of the speculation regarding this case is true, we have no idea, how close the theories are, we do not know.

There is only clear evidence of incompetence and a suspicion of corruption.

A lot of posters on TV, me included, gave a sigh of relief at the coup and welcomed the General as a potential new

broom with a sweeping agenda.

To date all he has been able to do is chip at the surface of corruption, nothing substantial has changed and no people

of influence have been affected adversely.

Perhaps now he has realised that only a dramatic intervention in the systems here will bring real change.

This case has highlighted many failures in the system and importantly highlighted what the rest of the World sees as one of the

most incompetent and corrupt policing systems imaginable.

If he has the will there is always a way, we just do not know what is happening behind the scenes, but I think we can

be certain there is a serious damage control agenda now.

Sadly, this will not bring back the unfortunate couple so brutally slain but maybe prevent other tourists suffering

the same fate.

The influence of local headmen and families may well be on the agenda for change. They are the bottom of the pecking order regarding

real wealth and therefore expendable.

We shall see but dont write off the General yet, its too early for that.

• Like 1