Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

Just my hypothetical thinking.

General hears there's been a horrible double murder on the island.

He comes out with the statement no thai could have done this.

Then someone whispers in his ear. err... it might have been a privileged thai on the island.

Oh shit, get the army involved and don't let the RTP pin it on a thai, I can't lose face now or I won't get elected in the future

There's just too much inconsistencies in everything we have heard so far, with nearly every piece of evidence being disputed between the police and the rest of us.

Maybe Sean Mcanna was involved, maybe he was threatened that if he didn't help with the killings he'd be killed himself.

How is it possible that the hi-so sons can refuse DNA testing yet the Burmese don't have that same right.

I believe strongly that if you are innocent yet connected/under suspicion in some way to a serious crime you should provide a DNA sample if requested, just for the sake of clearing your name.

I don't know if Scotland Yard would have been able to retrieve any DNA from the bodies as maybe the thai authorities removed all DNA trace evidence before the bodies were released.

But until the KT hi-so sons are DNA tested I will not believe that the thai's have caught the true culprits

• Like 1

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at all the headlines on this forum tonight and what the British Embassy have said, "there are a lot of holes in the report that need clearing up" or words to that effect. The more it looks like these two guys will get off, if only for reasonable cause. The whole thing seems to now be blown out of proportion and all seems to be swinging in their favour. See where it goes from here.

Looking at all the headlines on this forum tonight and what the British Embassy have said, "there are a lot of holes in the report that need clearing up" or words to that effect. The more it looks like these two guys will get off, if only for reasonable cause. The whole thing seems to now be blown out of proportion and all seems to be swinging in their favour. See where it goes from here.

If this were not Thailand I might agree with you.

The trial doesn't go to a jury. Judges decide the case. They will look at evidence. They will totally ignore rumors that cannot be verified.

Just my hypothetical thinking.

General hears there's been a horrible double murder on the island.

He comes out with the statement no thai could have done this.

Then someone whispers in his ear. err... it might have been a privileged thai on the island.

Oh shit, get the army involved and don't let the RTP pin it on a thai, I can't lose face now or I won't get elected in the future

There's just too much inconsistencies in everything we have heard so far, with nearly every piece of evidence being disputed between the police and the rest of us.

Maybe Sean Mcanna was involved, maybe he was threatened that if he didn't help with the killings he'd be killed himself.

How is it possible that the hi-so sons can refuse DNA testing yet the Burmese don't have that same right.

I believe strongly that if you are innocent yet connected/under suspicion in some way to a serious crime you should provide a DNA sample if requested, just for the sake of clearing your name.

I don't know if Scotland Yard would have been able to retrieve any DNA from the bodies as maybe the thai authorities removed all DNA trace evidence before the bodies were released.

But until the KT hi-so sons are DNA tested I will not believe that the thai's have caught the true culprits

If lets say brother of a village boss did it and hanna had his dna.

And then if u dna test that kid in bkk would that be dna mach as they related?

Is it my and my brother dna the same?

Edited by mataleo

The trial doesn't go to a jury. Judges decide the case. They will look at evidence. They will totally ignore rumors that cannot be verified.

They will totally ignore rumors that cannot be verified.

Perhaps and perhaps not. TIT

There are allegations on the cloud site of McAnna that he 'introduced' 2 Canadian girls to 7 of his Thai 'friends'.

The girls woke up some hours later having been assaulted.

It further states that McAnna failed to keep in touch with them as promised and they are both suffering serious psychological trauma

as a result of the assaults.

It was also stated on a previous post that both Scotland Yard and the Canadian police want to question McAnna.

Does anyone have information that can verify the accuracy or not of these points?

I agree somewhat. However, they're Thai, they know which side their toast is buttered on, and they're human (therefore fallible). Judges know how important this case has become, and how a judgement other than guilty will jeopardize careers and possibly cause the self-appointed PM to lose face ("it's a perfect investigation.").

Early in Thaksin's first term as PM, there was the court case dealing with whether he had hidden assets (which was obvious to any 5 year old). The top court in Thailand decided 5 to 4 in favor of dropping the charges. One of the 5 judges who decided on acquittal mentioned soon after that he thought Thaksin was guilty but he voted not-guilty 'for the good of the country.' He was probably just the only one of the 5 judges (who voted for acquittal) who was brave enough to speak honestly.

It's a sick irony that enabling Thaksin to stay in office and cement his control, turned out to be very bad for the country, but alas, I stray off topic.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 2

There are allegations on the cloud site of McAnna that he 'introduced' 2 Canadian girls to 7 of his Thai 'friends'.

It further states that McAnna failed to keep in touch with them as promised and they are both suffering serious psychological trauma

It was also stated on a previous post that both Scotland Yard and the Canadian police want to question McAnna.

Does anyone have information that can verify the accuracy or not of these points?

All ive heard is a rumour by a poster here, asked to show any link or report he didnt......

Ive seen nothing on any other site following the case, even the ones looking into sean

You dont think that wouldnt have come up with all the blog sites like CSI LA by now ?

I however remain open to any proof or reports saying otherwise.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

Without a doubt, even with his faults, Sean could be a linchpin in the investigation. Cops know it, but don't want him involved. Why? For starters, they know they probably can't pin the murders on him, but more importantly, his testimony would strongly implicate people close to the Headman. My guess is it would also implicate one or more cops in the assault on the Brits, but i have nothing to substantiate that except it was a cop who was with Mon the following morning, who (together) allegedly threatened Sean with death (if Sean told what he knew about the crime). Also: cops are untouchable and can't be considered suspects.

Questions linger: Have any of the suspects, including those who SHOULD BE suspects (Headman's people) had their bodies searched for injuries? Of course, the best time to have done that would have been right after the crime was discovered. My guess is another big fat NO.

Another Q: have phone records been scrutinized of all should-be suspects? Again, almost certainly NO. People must know who on the small island have speedboats. Have all speedboat operators been questioned closely? Answer: probably not.

And as I've asked before: Have police bothered to put together the scenario in AC bar on that fateful night?

My guess is they have, but because it implicates people close to the headman, the cops tossed it in the wastecan.

• Like 2

All ive heard is a rumour by a poster here, asked to show any link or report he didnt......

Ive seen nothing on any other site following the case, even the ones looking into sean

You dont think that wouldnt have come up with all the blog sites like CSI LA by now ?

I too will remain unconvinced until there is evidence.

CSI is courting Sean so probably would keep that information for release later (if they have it) until they

are sure he wont respond to gentle persuasion via spamming his site!

I too will remain unconvinced until there is evidence.

CSI is courting Sean so probably would keep that information for release later (if they have it) until they

are sure he wont respond to gentle persuasion via spamming his site!

Spamming?

I wonder, is "Spamming" the "digital" equivalent to the "analog" torturing?

And this is where a judge with any common sense will see that there is no credible evidence to suggest that these 2 Burmese boys could of possibly committed this vicious and unprovoked attack.

Contaminated dna evidence!

Confession made under duress!

Withdrawn confessions!

Conflicting accounts of alleged perpetrators movements on night of the murders.

Contaminated crime scene

Witheld/ doctored cctv footage

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Good to see your still holding that candle up for the RTP. Someone has to I suppose.

Should I go on JD?

Judges can be compromised.

And this is where a judge with any common sense will see that there is no credible evidence to suggest that these 2 Burmese boys could of possibly committed this vicious and unprovoked attack.

Withdrawn confessions!

Contaminated crime scene

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Good to see your still holding that candle up for the RTP. Someone has to I suppose.

Should I go on JD?

and on those compromises they will be judged!

Withdrawn confessions!

Contaminated crime scene

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Should I go on JD?

This is why i have stated in previous posts that i really hope that the judge who presides over there case is a fair one, who will not be pressured by the prosecutor or RTP, we can only wait and hope that justice will prevail.

Withdrawn confessions!

Contaminated crime scene

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Should I go on JD?

Sure!!

1. Men not boys

2. DNA has not been proven to be contaminated

3. Confessions neither proven to be made under duress, nor does a retraction matter.

4. Surely only one account of movements is in the case file.

5. Crime scene may or may not have been contaminated. Doesn't prevent conviction.

6. CCTV shows suspects. Defense will have chance to question it. Just because you have not seen it all means nothing.

7. DNA results that match the suspects means no others needed.

Feel free to send me the prosecution's files if you have them.

What you have to realize BigJ is that most of us have keep to the same story from day one.

There are about half a dozen posters who have changed their story each time the police have changed theirs.

And they still expect people to take them seriously.. You will find a few of them are on here 24/7 trying to convince themselves.

• Like 2

Withdrawn confessions!

Contaminated crime scene

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Should I go on JD?

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/photos/pb.596740650403664.-2207520000.1413031829./706115342799527/?type=3&theater&refid=13

Dear BIB

The Samui archipelago seems to have been the undoing of many foreigners and Thai s by the look of csi tonight.

We can safely say that we have been risking our lives going down that way and thinking if anything did happen the police would help us. To think that people who traverse this area are largely on leave and not on guard is despicable and opportunistic. BIB if we cannot turn to you can you please advise sirs who we can turn to there. As I plan my leave for next year I would like to compile a list of emergency numbers that I can ACTUALLY call should I find myself in a spot of bother. In fact I would rather die than tangle with the police down there after any sort of attack on my person. I would be asking for a second attack effectively then wouldn't i ! I sit here thinking of the times my mrs has headed that way with girlfriends or the schools in Bangkok that send their students there for camps.... God have mercy. Sitting ducks.

Despicable and opportunistic.

Complicit in every way.

Withdrawn confessions!

Contaminated crime scene

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Should I go on JD?

This is why i have stated in previous posts that i really hope that the judge who presides over there case is a fair one, who will not be pressured by the prosecutor or RTP, we can only wait and hope that justice will prevail.

True. A fairy tale however.

Come to think of it if it were moved to Bangkok I would suggest that there would be a much better chance. But one could not underestimate the reach of all the people involved in this so far from what we have seen.

Rest assured on these islands the prosecutor and judge will be hand picked and the right choice :)

It's the way it is.

So can the case be moved to Bangkok now that the boys have received public death threats and fear for their safety?

Looks like a demo outside No 10 is being planned:

https://www.facebook.com/events/285972508258835/

Getting bigger every day.

Great support from fellow countrymen and women, looks like there will be a good turnout. Come on Cameron, pull your finger out, this joke of a country needs putting in its place.

President ofMyanmar should be commended on the show of strength he sent prayuths way.

Showed up the stooges of our majesty's empire

Cameron explain to me why we need 100 000 signatures for this topic to be "brought up in parliament "

Myanmar s president brought it up directly to the PM with what -10 protestors it was reported ?

Correct me if I am working on that number ...

Withdrawn confessions!

Contaminated crime scene

Selective dna testing.

Should I go on JD?

Should I go on JD?

True. A fairy tale however.

Come to think of it if it were moved to Bangkok I would suggest that there would be a much better chance. But one could not underestimate the reach of all the people involved in this so far from what we have seen.

Rest assured on these islands the prosecutor and judge will be hand picked and the right choice :)

It's the way it is.

So can the case be moved to Bangkok now that the boys have received public death threats and fear for their safety?

Perhaps if if is a possibility we could arrange a petition to request the relocation of the case to Bangkok ?

Is anyone aware of this possibility ?

The court is not on an island.

Koh Samui court is not on an island?

Wow! clap2.gif

Tis indeed an island. :)

Same island where two lads are in the cells one lad is a hostage in a safe house and one prosecutor is in process of reading the 850 page script for the upcoming dramedy briefing the judge as he illustrates his need to be respected as more "thorough" than the rest of the participants. My what an island it is !

The court is not on an island.

Koh Samui court is not on an island?

Wow! clap2.gif

Tis indeed an island. :)

Same island where two lads are in the cells one lad is a hostage in a safe house and one prosecutor is in process of reading the 850 page script for the upcoming dramedy briefing the judge as he illustrates his need to be respected as more "thorough" than the rest of the participants. My what an island it is !

Court will be in Surat Thani.