Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

After studying the case file, he said there are some flaws in the file which are sceptical and needed to have more information.

The "eye witness" in "protective" police custody may be in for a tough time until his memory improves.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He said he would send these sceptical points to the police to collect more information today to make the case more sold to proceed in the court.

He made clear that the request for more investigation did not mean the prosecutor returned the case file to the police, but was merely a recommendation to question more to make it solid."

A shed load of more beatings on KT today then, so it is. giggle.gif

sad.pngbah.gif

Now get them into protective custody, i.e. away from the police.

Protective custody is usually made by the police to protect against the bad guy.

I doubt there is a protective custody against the the bad police.....

Where is Prayuth? If the Burmese are guilty the responsible police must be fired for incompetence.

If the Burmese aren't guilty the responsible police must go into jail, for protecting the real murder, for torture, for lying, etc etc

Where is the action?

Where is the action?

Ask the local banks about speeds and amounts of swift transactions happening in SuratT, and you may find your answer. ;)

Now get them into protective custody, i.e. away from the police.

Protective custody is usually made by the police to protect against the bad guy.

I doubt there is a protective custody against the the bad police.....

Where is Prayuth? If the Burmese are guilty the responsible police must be fired for incompetence.

If the Burmese aren't guilty the responsible police must go into jail, for protecting the real murder, for torture, for lying, etc etc

Where is the action?

The action is in Burma,splitting the profits.AEC next year.

What has begun to amaze me is that posters on here are coming together.Before this tragedy we would infight with each other about the daily events in Thailand. ( Too many subjects to list ).Can we all be wrong about this topic?

...................and how together we have staved off the unwelcome attentions of JTJ

Well, give yourselves a pat on the back, if ThaiVisa posters "all" agree on something (which they don't) then they must be right. You should, however, bear in mind with all this self-congratulation that the only people that care about our posts here are us.

"...and how together we have staved off the unwelcome attentions of JTJ"

You seem to have something against JTJ, or is it just that his opinion isn't the same as yours so therefore it must be a misguided opinion? His "attentions" as you put it, which we all have not "staved off", are much more welcome than some of the irrational nonsense that appears here frequently.

• Like 2

What and who are you hiding Mr General?

What the hell does this have to do with the General? Does David Cameron conduct murder investigations in the UK? The lengths some of you will go to make a political point of a tragic murder disgust me.

Didn't he say if there was a failure to end corruption, it would be his responsibility?

• Like 1

What has begun to amaze me is that posters on here are coming together.Before this tragedy we would infight with each other about the daily events in Thailand. ( Too many subjects to list ).Can we all be wrong about this topic?

...................and how together we have staved off the unwelcome attentions of JTJ

Well, give yourselves a pat on the back, if ThaiVisa posters "all" agree on something (which they don't) then they must be right. You should, however, bear in mind with all this self-congratulation that the only people that care about our posts here are us.

You seem to have something against JTJ, or is it just that his opinion isn't the same as yours so therefore it must be a misguided opinion? His "attentions" as you put it, which we all have not "staved off", are much more welcome than some of the irrational nonsense that appears here frequently.

Only guessing you might be Swiss from your name,If you are not I apoligize .If you are,well we all know the history of the Swiss bankers.

• Like 2

Who the hell signed off this sham, who is sitting back and watching the world laugh at Thailand, who is telling Thai's about the need to stop corruption, who is that???????????

My god if their is a better chance to send a message to the people of Thailand that corruption has to end, this is it, but he has failed and in my opinion he has added fuel to the fire of corruption.

The General is a soldier.

You Disgust me

What and who are you hiding Mr General?

What the hell does this have to do with the General? Does David Cameron conduct murder investigations in the UK? The lengths some of you will go to make a political point of a tragic murder disgust me.

You make me want to vomit, but go ahead make points off murder, don't consider the families, as long as you can get a "like" it's all worth it.

• Like 1

She is award winning forensic scientist, she resolved many murder cases in Thailand, should have volunteered to investigate the case to save the Thai's reputation. Probably someone don't want her to be investigating the case ? This raises million questions. Now I would be surprised if they can prove the right culprit ??? or case is now compromised after two guys commit suicide after the Thai police predictions now ?? It is time for Interpol to take this case by asking a report through International Human Rights commission.

Apart from being an Award winning forensic scientist, she is also another corrupt Thai official!!sad.png

She made a substancial amount of money by giving the green light for the useless "bombdetectors" bought for the South!!

She couldn't care less if this case is solved or not, but is lured out of the woodwork for another 15 minutes in the limelight.

And why come forward after almost 3 weeks??

Don't forget the price of her hair do's and plastic

Koh Tao Suspects' Alleged Recantation 'Normal,' Police Officer Says
By Khosod English

SURAT THANI - A senior police officer has downplayed a news report that claims the two Burmese migrants accused of murdering two British tourists recanted their "confessions" this week.

"The suspects have every rights under the law to retract their testimony," said Pol.Col. Prachum Ruengthong, chief of Koh Pha Ngan Police Station, whose jurisdiction covers Koh Tao island where the murders took place.

"In many other cases, suspects also recant their confessions during trial. It's normal," Pol.Col. Prachum said.

His comment came a few days after a report from the Myanmar-based 7 Daily newspaper claimed the two Burmese suspects, named Saw and Win, retracted their "confession" to murdering the two Britons, David Miller and Hannah Witheridge, on the popular island of Koh Tao on 15 September.

According to the report, a lawyer from the Burmese embassy said the two suspects told him they did not commit the murder, contrary to Thai police's claim that the men confessed shortly after they were arrested.

However, several other news reports quoted the lawyer as saying the two men did confess to the murder, although the details of their testimony remained murky leading him to believe the case may have been a "set-up."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412922329

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-10

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She is award winning forensic scientist, she resolved many murder cases in Thailand, should have volunteered to investigate the case to save the Thai's reputation. Probably someone don't want her to be investigating the case ? This raises million questions. Now I would be surprised if they can prove the right culprit ??? or case is now compromised after two guys commit suicide after the Thai police predictions now ?? It is time for Interpol to take this case by asking a report through International Human Rights commission.

Apart from being an Award winning forensic scientist, she is also another corrupt Thai official!!

She made a substancial amount of money by giving the green light for the useless "bombdetectors" bought for the South!!

She couldn't care less if this case is solved or not, but is lured out of the woodwork for another 15 minutes in the limelight.

And why come forward after almost 3 weeks??

Apart from being an Award winning forensic scientist, she is also another corrupt Thai official!!

"She made a substancial amount of money by giving the green light for the useless "bombdetectors" bought for the South!!"

You make a definitive statement 'she made a substantial amount of money....' Do you have any evidence of this or are you just trying your hardest to make her look bad?

Did she actually recommend the bomb detectors?

"And why come forward after almost 3 weeks??"

I'm sure there are protocols and processes which are (or should be) followed.

On the other hand yes it is disappointing that she was not asked to join the investigation much earlier, like day one.

• Like 1

This all smells like a bag of fish left on the Hua Hin Beach for a week, there is nothing palatable in this lot of incompetents, now where do the RTP turn, the B/S must be working overtime, even the so called suspects are withdrawing their support , there is nothing worse than a mob of idiots trying to impersonate a police officer, the most serious complaint of all , what about the victims families, what is being done to ensure that they are cared for, it must be totally heartbreaking for them to witness such stupid people, talk about faulty flowers, this mob take the cake. bah.gif

• Like 1

Well SG, this is a forum here.....people can express their feelings openly and enter into debate..........if others find offence in some of the postings...tough titties..!!

We all know how little our opinions matter have in Thailand....

• Like 1

Koh Tao Suspects' Alleged Recantation 'Normal,' Police Officer Says

But the confessions were one of the 5 key points that the police chief said made him confident of the suspects' guilt. One of the others was the police eye witness who was also tortured and has now also recanted.

That leaves you with: the phone which police seem to have forgotten was reported found intact before it was found smashed up; the CCTV footage which has had 40 minutes deleted from it; and the DNA testing which the two suspects passed the first time they were tested before their second tests came back positive in only 24 hours which is impossible. Good luck with that one.

guilty

no doubt

The Prime Minister has gone to Myanmar today - i wonder what deal he will offer to Myanmar top brass in order to remove Myanmar opposition to RTP actions, convict the two and get the case closed

Let's hope this is not the case.