Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very likely Nomsod (the son) had a haircut soon after the crime. Probably within an hour of the release of the incriminating security camera footage.

Here are some things cops should have done (or maybe they did do, and suppressed the info as it might be incriminating for the headman's people)

>>> check with all speedboat operators connected to the island.

>>> do thorough body checks of all suspects, particularly the headman's friends and family.

>>> check phone records of all suspects.

It's probably too late for the latter two items, because wounds heal, and phone histories can be erased in seconds.

So when is the bail hearing?

Well theres not but theres this,

Please note official witness hearing starting time in Koh Tao case tomorrow Koh Samui Court now informed is 10am not 830am as previous tweet

Well this is likely to be short with only one witness.

Please note official witness hearing starting time in Koh Tao case tomorrow Koh Samui Court now informed is 10am not 830am as previous tweet

If UK authorities have pertinent info, now is the time to pipe up. Most concerned posters here think the UK did forensics on the two bodies, but It's not a given that they did. Someone mentioned a release date of January 2015, but the way the Burmese suspects are being railroaded toward the gallows, it's incumbent that UK authorities speak up soon.

• Like 1

Well i never, theres a a hearing tomorrow and the BIB are now saying theres a third ................................... well DUH YEA there always was !facepalm.gif

Police now believe there were 3 involved

Police investigators say they believe three people were involved in the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao in Surat Thani on Sept 15.

"Two of the suspects raped and killed Witheridge while another one witnessed the murder," Pol Lt Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of Provincial Police Region 8, said Sunday after a meeting with investigators to discuss case updates.

Well maybe they are going to try and fit the other guy up as the third who just watched while they have him in the witness box.

Which dosnt explain where David was during all this and who attacked him................ facepalm.gif

Edited by englishoak

Well i never, theres a a hearing tomorrow and the BIB are now saying theres a third ................................... well DUH YEA there always was !facepalm.gif

Police investigators say they believe three people were involved in the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao in Surat Thani on Sept 15.

"Two of the suspects raped and killed Witheridge while another one witnessed the murder," Pol Lt Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of Provincial Police Region 8, said Sunday after a meeting with investigators to discuss case updates.

Well maybe they are going to try and fit the other guy up as the third who just watched while they have him in the witness box.

Which dosnt explain where David was during all this and who attacked him................ facepalm.gif

Yes it would make sense to DNA test the witness now...the result should be crystal clear by the morning.

• Like 1

As an advanced Thaivisa forensics investigator I would have thought that you already would have figured out that the court case tomorrow does not have the suspects or the witness involved, but is about 3 other witnesses.

Three Myanmar witnesses are to testify in advance on Koh Tao murder case

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767169-three-myanmar-witnesses-are-to-testify-in-advance-on-koh-tao-murder-case/

• Like 2

Maybe they want to speak with Sean again??

I believe it is standard op for the British authorities to conduct their own autopsy on citizens who have died of whilst abroad, especially 'suspicious' deaths.

Naturally, they seek relatives permission.

This is according to my friend who as an ex ACC.

Rest in peace Hannah and David, looks like the world's stopped looking at this news story and moved on.

Some will keep carrying the torch but it looks like it's over IMO.

Disagree on this point....cases like this will always take time and many are still watching proceedings closely.

• Like 1

Rest in peace Hannah and David, looks like the world's stopped looking at this news story and moved on.

Some will keep carrying the torch but it looks like it's over IMO.

Disagree on this point....cases like this will always take time and many are still watching proceedings closely.

Agree, wishful thinking from wilsonandson I think. British enquiry into the murders set do deliver on the 6th January & wilsonandson is trying to sweep it under the carpet already.

The junta have told the public in no uncertain terms to shut up.

Welcome to North Korea.

If it continues I'll be leaving, taking my ex-pat dollar with me & watching them collapse like flan in a cupboard from a better country.

Edited by ScubaPhuket

This case has generated so much frustration and public anger, they better send the 200 cops back to KT before the truth is out. There could be a bit of a lynch party for all the bullies...

People on KT better choose now which side they want to be associated with - the end game is here...

Breaking .... The Foreign Office in London summon top Thai diplomat over Koh Tao murders.

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-29604685

Excellent news isn't it.

Hopefully this arrogant little third world country is finally being put in it's place.

During the last days of WW2, the Brits and the US jointly bombed the palace gardens in Bangkok.

This was a thank you for TH collaborating with Japan and a warning re violating treaty obligations in future.

The message is still clear. To all the paid cyber scouts and apologists. don`t F with the Brits.

JD & co are the sad conspiracy theorists. They think HMG. Myanamar, Australia, Amnesty Int, Andy Hall, Telegraph, Times, Mail, Mirror, Independent, Time Mag, BBC, Sky etc, even BKP, Khaosed. Nation are involved in a conspiracy to discredit the honest and hard working RTP and the noble, fair and transparent military regime,

People like jd, "You don`t want freedom, you don`t want justice, you just want someone to love."

Get a massage

I`m going further u/ground.

"As some day it may happen that a suspect must be found. I`ve got a little list (repeat)

of society offenders who might well be underground, and who never would be missed (repeat)"

Reichs Minister of Propaganda and National Enlightenment, be happy, join lady ruby.

Courts martial, appellant procedures, controlled by the good generals. Your ISOC bffs can try to track me, catch me if you can. The Truth is out. If you are a Brit, Lord Haw Haw comes to mind.

"The just man justices ,keeps grace that keeps all his goings graces."

or "By their fruits, ye shall know them."

Edited by heyexile
  • Like 1

"Unfortunately, even though I said to the papers that they need to look for the 3 guys who haven't shown up for work at AC since it happened."

From Sean McAnna's responses on Sound Cloud. Who are the 3 guys who haven't shown up for work at AC since it happened?

I am confused about his references to Nom's son whom he says he doesn't know. Is Nomsod's father called Nom (Bit Tit and Fresh Tit perhaps)? In Mon's news video he says he didn't know Sean but his "nong from AC Bar" did. "Nong:" could refer to his nephew, Nomsod, or someone else there. After saying he didn't know Sean at all, Mon goes on to describe in detail how Sean had been in Koh Tao two years ago and had come back recently in a messed up mental state. If he didn't know him, if is surprising that he knew who to chase after or even had an interest in chasing after some one he didn't know at all.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

what's the time difference between the 2 photos because 1 looks like the hair is more full and covering the ears while the other is with the hair more cropped and ear showing

I overleiaid the profile of both pics in photoshop. Look back a few posts. Very similar profiles but not concrete evidence.

Funny thing is the CCTV footage is taken from Intouch which is owned by Nomsod's uncle, Mr Mon. The police have already said they can't do anything to retrieve the 2 minutes edited out of it in between the shirtless man's two appearances without the permission of Mr Mon who appears reluctant to give it. Clearly those 2 minutes contained another person walking in front of the shirtless man. It must have been edited in haste and left a trace of him in the clip. If it is Nomsod in the clip why didn't they edit him out too or just destroy the whole thing and say the camera wasn't working? I suppose it is possible that in the confusion they didn't realise who was on the clip and edited out the wrong bit or perhaps the person that was edited out was even more incriminating. Confusing.

• Like 1

Anti Thai post & replies quoting it removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

A friend of mine just hypothesized to me... why would people like jdinasia bother getting involved in a forum discussion such as this? He/she believes the Burmese guys did it and as far as I am aware they are going to get tried in court for the crime. Why would anyone bother coming onto a forum to defend the actions of the police unless..... perhaps it is useful to the prosecution's case to hear all the possible scenarios that may be suggested in court by the defense council... there ain't nothing like being prepared, eh?

Just saying like...

(Now watch as this is painted with the "conspiracy theory" coat if paint... LOL!!!)

DennisF, on 13 Oct 2014 - 15:00, said:

I believe it is standard op for the British authorities to conduct their own autopsy on citizens who have died of whilst abroad, especially 'suspicious' deaths.

Naturally, they seek relatives permission.

This is according to my friend who as an ex ACC.

According to a recent report on the BBC website, it said autopsies had been done in the U.K. by a Home Office pathologist. The inquest (for Hannah I think) is due to start on 6th January 2015.

Here are two blogs that provide very insightful background on police and mafia activities on Koh Tao.

http://mikeestravels.com/2014/09/25/the-dark-side-of-thailands-island-paradise/

http://drugsinthailand.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-koh-tao-story.html

The first is good general information about the 5 mafia families there, while the second is a chilling personal experience that illustrates police involvement in the drug trade, extortion and setting up patsies.

• Like 1

Here are two blogs that provide very insightful background on police and mafia activities on Koh Tao.

http://mikeestravels.com/2014/09/25/the-dark-side-of-thailands-island-paradise/

http://drugsinthailand.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-koh-tao-story.html

The first is good general information about the 5 mafia families there, while the second is a chilling personal experience that illustrates police involvement in the drug trade, extortion and setting up patsies.

Second story contains no mention of the visa the guy was on. Hard to feel sorry for them that insert their head into the crocodile's mouth - in pursuit of their own unrealistic dreams. I want therefor I am entitled...?

Let me guess- the guy is in some other country peddling drugs now?

Edited by ParadiseLost