Myanmar leader asks Thai PM for 'fair' probe on tourist murders

webfact

"I want to stress that police have investigated this case based on the law, examined evidence in line with international standards, and are fully accountable," national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung..."

INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS? They had a fxxking Pan Cake Salesman interview the suspects!!!! A PAN CAKE SALESMAN!

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

Small demonstrations of Burmese people in Yangon (for Prayuth) and in front of the Burmese embassy in Tokyo.

Points also for the lone Thai guy standing outside Scotland Yard with a cardboard sign asking them to investigate.

source?

Both demos referenced with links on Andy Hall twitter: twitter.com/atomicalandy

And the demo greeting Prayuth in Yangon is from the Nation: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-greeted-by-protest-in-Yangon-30245172.html

The Thai guy outside Scotland yard was pictured on CSI LA

Mr Banana Pancake the Rohingya 'interpreter' who participated in the beating and confessions in action from the Irrawaddy FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=853663321344488

At 4:00 Mr Pancake asserts that that Wyn started off the killing spree by hitting David over the hit with a large wine bottle. So that's another murder weapon. He also says Hannah and David were having sex, in spite of no DNA evidence supporting that theory.

He speaks Thai with a heavy Indian accent. I wonder what his Burmese sounds like and how good is written Thai was to read back and translate the Thai confessions they were forced to sign. I also wonder what his work permit and visa look like, since Rohingya's are stateless.

So that's an iron bar, a wooden stick, a hoe and a wine bottle. Wow. But no push knife. Amazing.

The time stamp on that video is 23:15, but it's bright daylight outside. Was Mr Pancake taken to Bangkok University for that interview?

It looks like the back end of his pancake stall on Chaweng Beach.

"I want to stress that police have investigated this case based on the law, examined evidence in line with international standards, and are fully accountable," national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung..."

INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS? They had a fxxking Pan Cake Salesman interview the suspects!!!! A PAN CAKE SALESMAN!

Roti boy, amateur interrogator and stage director, is also from a rival ethnic and language group.

Interrogations performed without legal representation.

Somyot has to go down for this. He participated in the stage-managed enactment on the beach and has backed his men on the non-following of all the other leads.

• Like 2

Small demonstrations of Burmese people in Yangon (for Prayuth) and in front of the Burmese embassy in Tokyo.

Points also for the lone Thai guy standing outside Scotland Yard with a cardboard sign asking them to investigate.

source?

And the demo greeting Prayuth in Yangon is from the Nation: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-greeted-by-protest-in-Yangon-30245172.html

thank you.but i cant see the pic of the thai guy outside Scotland Yard please post here or pm me

Well more respect for the Burmese than the pathetic non response from the British - worse the weasel comments of the RTP's exemplary professionalism' from the truly pathetic Britsh ambassador. I don't know what has happened to our once great nation now populated by sniveling groveling civil servants like these. Why can't they have some respect for themselves and their citizens - at least the pilloried Burmese President has done so for all his misdemeanors .

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

About time the S.A.S were sent in, the creme de la creme of special forces. I guarantee within 1 hour these weasels would be singing like canaries and implicating all and sundry!

i find it really sad that there is no "public" show/comment/pressure put out there from my/british government to at least show some sort of caring for its citizens abroad in this matter. I mean seriously can anyone educate me as to what Thailand offers the UK that makes its bond so special. What do they stand to lose?

• Like 1

Isn't it lovely, that Thein Sein, who during his years in uniform killed, surpressed and jailed thousands of his countrymen, suddenly cares about two migrant workers?? Could that possibly have something to do with international attention??whistling.gif

I am sure that the two generals, after googling the word fair, had a good laugh together whilst taking another sip of their brandy!!

Good point but a possible reason is that Myanmar is moving towards democracy and Thein Sein has therefore to care about his people, while Prayut being not democratically elected has to care more of his bureacratic and military hierarchies

• Like 1

You would think the government of Myanmar would be demanding a fair probe under the circumstances, not requesting.

This is ASEAN - National leaders don't demand things of each other within ASEAN - at best they request. It is the ASEAN way.

Edited by MrJohnson

Roti boy, amateur interrogator and stage director, is also from a rival ethnic and language group.

Interrogations performed without legal representation.

Somyot has to go down for this. He participated in the stage-managed enactment on the beach and has backed his men on the non-following of all the other leads.

I am afraid it is even worse. 4 day after the murder police where on the right track resort ini of possible influential families involvement ( see News ), then they suddenly took this terrible cover up turn and never backed down despite evidences and mounting pressure, as if somebody very high decided the out come of the investigation was not good for tourism, and therefore instructed the command chain to provide with scapegoats.

• Like 1

If this were any other country people would be demanding that the heads of police and top brass in this investigation be fired. At least in the USA. Peoples careers are finished in a second when they get caught behaving the way these guys are.

Every other country - except the most backwards and corrupt banana republics - would have immediately ordered an investigation as soon as the two suspects' claims surfaced they had been physically abused and tortured to extract and/or sign a confession. They would have been examined by a forensic scientist for actual signs of physical abuse and by a forensic psychologist to corroborate the findings of the physical examination. And if the allegations would turn out to be true, the whole investigation would be declared null and void and the involved officers would be suspended and charged in accordance with the law.

This did not happen in Thailand. Instead, the RTP simply "denies" any allegations and wallows in its assertion of "a perfect investigation". Where does that put Thailand? Surely in the "most backwards and corrupt banana republic" category, it seems.

To paraphrase another poster: Thailand's police force is indeed the single most effective and accomplished entity at tarnishing the country's image on an all too frequent basis.

I would like to remind everyone of the deaths of two young Canadian sisters on Phi Phi island in August, 2012. And do you also recall the tragic death of 23-year-old New Zealander Sarah Carter and a handful of other foreigners and locals at the notorious Downtown Inn hotel in February of the same year?

In both cases the RTP were heavily criticized for allegedly botching up their investigations. In both cases there circulated allegations the police were protecting "influential persons". Nobody was charged.

Gentlemen please, let's not get carried away. Travesties of justice are not the preserve of 'banana republics'. There have been plenty of them over the years in developed countries even, dare I say it, in the good old U.S. of A.

• Like 1

Well more respect for the Burmese than the pathetic non response from the British - worse the weasel comments of the RTP's exemplary professionalism' from the truly pathetic Britsh ambassador. I don't know what has happened to our once great nation now populated by sniveling groveling civil servants like these. Why can't they have some respect for themselves and their citizens - at least the pilloried Burmese President has done so for all his misdemeanors .

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Yes, Mr Kent's fawning , ingratiating performance was mortifying and cringe worthy. He should resign.

• Like 1

source?

thank you.but i cant see the pic of the thai guy outside Scotland Yard please post here or pm me

Good grief. OK. Trawled through CSI LA but can't find it again either. He gets so many posts an hour and I saw it last night. Anyway, here it is. Pic has appeared now on a blog in Burma. His hand-held sign references CSI LA:

10685445_1492239704363150_70676065992931

Per the Burmese blog recently found by TVF poster Steve Fong:

https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/update-710-thailand-2-british-tourists-been-murder-on-sairee-beach-koh-tao/

...a pan cake salesman that, by the way, at the press conference was wearing a thai immigration shirt.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I want to stress that police have investigated this case based on the law, examined evidence in line with international standards... Police Chief

How pathetic he is. The country's chief forensic pathologist has already said that his police didn't even examine evidence in line with Thailand's own low standards.

a) he is stupid

b ) he is a liar

c) he is a stupid liar

He's also getting paid of course. All the way up to the top it goes. If one admit the whole house oaf cards will crumple.