Pre-High Season Police Parade on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Pre-High Season Police Parade on Pattaya Beach

police-12.jpg
PATTAYA:--As local Police divisions attempt to persuade Thai and Foreign tourists that Pattaya is a safe place to be, a parade took place on Pattaya Beach on Friday afternoon.

Police Major General Surapong, the Deputy Commissioner of Region 2 Police led the parade which involved Pattaya Police, Pattaya Tourist Police, Chonburi Immigration, The Royal Thai Navy and Police Volunteers.

A major crime crackdown was announced and began on Friday and will conclude on 16th October, during which time extra efforts will be made to solve existing crimes and to suppress existing ones.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/149651/pre-high-season-police-parade-on-pattaya-beach/#sthash.utbcn7kP.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-11

"A major crime crackdown was announced and began on Friday and will conclude on 16th October, during which time extra efforts will be made to solve existing crimes and to suppress existing ones."

So no crack down or crime after October 16th..whistling.gif

• Like 1

"A major crime crackdown was announced and began on Friday and will conclude on 16th October, during which time extra efforts will be made to solve existing crimes and to suppress existing ones."

So no crack down or crime after October 16th..whistling.gif

I can imagine what the crackdown will involve, arrest of the freelancers along beach road and possibly walking street, stopping foreigners on motorbikes who are either not wearing a motorbike helmet or whose pillion passenger is not wearing a motorbike helmet etc while the pickpockets, drug dealers, muggers, rapists get away.

• Like 1

Fantastic !!!

A 6 day "crackdown".

Much will be achieved for sure.

Crackdowns aren't what they were, I can remember when you got 10 days out of them.

That said, this is one of the many PR exercises that the BIB will conduct in order to improve their image in the light of recent critism. And the funny thing is, they actually believe these PR antics do them some good, meanwhile everyone laughs at how stupid they look and sound.

• Like 2

Superfluous displays are often accompanied by exaggerated results.

I would like to see an independent group provide a monthly police report card on:

Number of calls for police services

Average time it takes for calls to be answered

Average duration of calls

Types of calls by category

Average time from calls received to arrival time at the scene

Time to clear call and go,back into to service

Numbers of calls by type

Percentage of calls cleared with some type action, (report taken, arrest made, no action necessary, etc).

Number of traffic citations issued and by type and how,cleared (fine, warning, arrest)

Location of crimes in the city by neighborhood,and what type.

...And so forth.

Wishful thinking on my part, but just a thought.

OK then. So what is the difference between 'solving' existing crimes and 'supressing' existing ones???

By the way, they love their uniforms - all those medals and everyone seems to have been in the parachute regiment. Blimey, I was in the UK Army for donkeys years but got no medals as I wasn't in any type of war zone.

As I wasn't there, can anyone, please confirm that the Tourist Police volunteers, were wearing their new uniforms as suggested on another thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764455-should-thailands-tourist-police-be-given-a-new-uniform-to-reflect-a-more-friendlier-image/

Sorry mate, does not look like they where issued the new uniforms.....

I did not see any Circus Clowns around the area...cheesy.gif