How safe is the safe

luis888

When I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Singapore, I lost my key to the hotel general safe deposit, not a room safe.

With much approbation regards my negligence and dismissing my plea that there was no keeper on the key, and my protests about the cost to open the safe etc.

an interested group of guests had gathered, who became more interested when a worker arrived with a substantial hammer and chisel.

He dutifully battered the safe and the manager pulled out the contents..NOT MINE.

I think he is washing dishes now.

I read this several times and still do not understand what you are trying to say.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The housekeeping staff generally knows how to open and reset the "safes".

Yes they know how (obviously since it's their job to show you how to operate it when you check in) but if you've been paying attention to the thread, you'll realize they don't have the master key so this knowledge is pretty useless if the safe is locked.

Be that as it may, I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and have had to have the safe opened any number of times, and I've never had to have a manager come the the room to do it.

Believe what you like but in my opinion, the "safe" is good place to put your wallet when you have a hooker in the room, beyond that it is useless.

...so, don't leave wallet in Safe when cleaning maid or massage girl is in room, if you're a female who is not bringing ostensible women, ladyboy, or male of-the-night companionship into your room? Aren't the various labels interchangeable here in the Land of Smiles?

Edited by me313

When I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Singapore, I lost my key to the hotel general safe deposit, not a room safe.

With much approbation regards my negligence and dismissing my plea that there was no keeper on the key, and my protests about the cost to open the safe etc.

an interested group of guests had gathered, who became more interested when a worker arrived with a substantial hammer and chisel.

He dutifully battered the safe and the manager pulled out the contents..NOT MINE.

I think he is washing dishes now.

I read this several times and still do not understand what you are trying to say.

I love the unique writing style! Almost antiquated in style but well-written.

1. The housekeeping staff generally knows how to open and reset the "safes".

Yes they know how (obviously since it's their job to show you how to operate it when you check in) but if you've been paying attention to the thread, you'll realize they don't have the master key so this knowledge is pretty useless if the safe is locked.

Be that as it may, I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and have had to have the safe opened any number of times, and I've never had to have a manager come the the room to do it.

Believe what you like but in my opinion, the "safe" is good place to put your wallet when you have a hooker in the room, beyond that it is useless.

...so, don't leave wallet in Safe when cleaning maid or massage girl is in room, if you're a female who is not bringing ostensible women, ladyboy, or male of-the-night companionship into your room? Aren't the various labels interchangeable here in the Land of Smiles?

My wallet is generally not in the room when the maid cleans it, it is with me.

On the rare occasions my wallet is in the room when the maid cleans, it's in my back pocket.

Personally, I would rather go through life trusting everyone and getting stung once in a while than trusting no one.

"Trust everyone, but always count your change."

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."