delete acccount and all posts

zeichen

Is there a way to have my account deleted and all posts ever written deleted?

I don't want to be affiliated in any way with this forum any longer. It is clear that moderators have different agenda and permit discussions of things that are immoral and illegal and I don't want to be connected to it any longer.

Don't quite know what upset you, however, ThaiVisa does not delete accounts or posting histories, when you originally signed on you agreed:

Preservation of Intellectual Property Rights

All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by THAIVISA.COM or by other parties that have licensed their material to THAIVISA.COM. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by THAIVISA.COM may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.

You agree to grant to THAIVISA.COM a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of THAIVISA.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to THAIVISA.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.**
Further, you grant to THAIVISA.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other THAIVISA.COM web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against THAIVISA.COM for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to THAIVISA.COM.
**In the simplest terms, this is what we require to legally display your posts.

All you need to do now is sign out of your ThaiVisa account and never sign back in again.

OP, please calm down.

I went through this anger about 3 months ago.

Promised myself never to post anything ever again.

That didn't last for a long time (to the dismay of other posters).

You are a good man, and I enjoy reading your posts.

So, please take a break and come back to us soon.

Op, in short, they won't delete your posts as that content potentially pulls in visitors (thus potential revenue); the ethos behind any forum. You could always get yourself banned by committing virtual hari-kari, though your posts will remain. smile.png

Edited by daveAustin

OP, please calm down.

I went through this anger about 3 months ago.

Promised myself never to post anything ever again.

That didn't last for a long time (to the dismay of other posters).

You are a good man, and I enjoy reading your posts.

So, please take a break and come back to us soon.

It's quite obvious that you changed your mind in that regard. biggrin.png

Your comments are to be preserved in perpetuity for the edification of future generations, who will no doubt study them to gain clues as to the socialogical makeup of posters in the early 21st century. In other words, you are immortal. Therefore, flounce out with dignity.

The short answer is, no.

But if you wait three years or so your posts will be deleted due to the cost of disk space.

Not deleted. If no activity in 12 months they are automatically archived but still available for viewing but not able to reply to anymore.

But if you wait three years or so your posts will be deleted due to the cost of disk space.

Posts get archived, not deleted.

And to add to that, many posts become a part of Google on its search. And for sure we know Google doesn't have the financial constraints (?) of TV when it comes to server storage space.

• 1 year later...

Can I delete old content and topics? It is easier if there aren´t so many to manage when looking in the smartphone or PC.

Some said just hit the report button. Well, were is that?? Can find that in my phone or in my computer.

when you originally signed on you agreed:

The T&C link on the sign up page doesn't appear to work for me:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register#

Are you trying to create another account?

No, just tried it to see. The T&C link didn't work in two different browsers.

He's right. Link is broken, no effect when I try to click it. Maybe that's the reason for the misunderstanding and request to delete all posting history?