Apple to launch iPhone 6/6+ in Thailand on October 31

DavidMavec

I will head to market village tomorrow at opening time to reserve one, unfortunately I'll be out of the country (in Laos) from the 28th October to the 5th November. I wonder if they could just keep me one? Otherwise I guess they'll be sold out for weeks.

Was hoping to get one on the 31st, but I remember last year that the shops in Hua Hin didn't have any on the launch day anyway it was a few days later.

What warranty do the iphones sold in Thailand have from the manufacturer?

In the US, an iPhone includes a 1-year warranty.

I seem to recall here it is 90 days.

90 days is technical support.

'iPhone comes with 90 days of technical support. In addition, your iPhone, its rechargeable battery, and all included accessories are covered against defects for a full year from the purchase date by a limited hardware warranty.'

I will head to market village tomorrow at opening time to reserve one, unfortunately I'll be out of the country (in Laos) from the 28th October to the 5th November. I wonder if they could just keep me one? Otherwise I guess they'll be sold out for weeks.

Was hoping to get one on the 31st, but I remember last year that the shops in Hua Hin didn't have any on the launch day anyway it was a few days later.

I would have thought apple thailand would have had a pre order form on their website .

Bit to much to ask I suppose .

I would have thought apple thailand would have had a pre order form on their website .

I am currently in Laos and will be going back to Bangkok on the 25th. Do the authorised stores accept reservations? Where can I go to reserve one? My samsung note 2 is giving up on me pretty soon just after 2 years. I've been waiting to go back to iphone again.

I am currently in Laos and will be going back to Bangkok on the 25th. Do the authorised stores accept reservations? Where can I go to reserve one? My samsung note 2 is giving up on me pretty soon just after 2 years. I've been waiting to go back to iphone again.

Order online from apple.com on the 31st Oct & have it delivered to your home. I never buy apple products anymore from the resellers in Thailand. It doesn't cost any extra plus you can add on any extra 'apple care' or upgrades that you would like.

• Like 2

why wait, simply get one sent in from another country. I've had my iPhone 6, white and silver, 64gig for 2 weeks now, no problems at all. Cost was 28500 baht in total.

Edited by Phuketboy

why wait, simply get one sent in from another country. I've had my iPhone 6, white and silver, 64gig for 2 weeks now, no problems at all. Cost was 28500 baht in total.

Where did you order it from? I check the Apple Hongkong and Singapore online store but still not available for delivery. And what about the warranty? Im waiting for it to be available in Thailand because of the warranty. I will be spending most of my time in Bangkok so having a warranty that works in Bangkok would be ideal for me.

• Like 1

If they say available in Thailand on Oct. 31st they probably mean available from local carriers such as TRUEMOVE, AIS and DTAC.

But so far no pre order possibility on their website.

sad.png

I went to the True shop in Hua Hin's Market Village, they said they couldn't accept pre-orders yet. I then went to the DTAC shop and paid 1000 baht deposit for a slate grey 64 GB model. They didn't have a reservations book yet (as they did last year) but they took my details and accepted a deposit. I was probably the first customer to reserve as it was early in the morning.

Last year however, they didn't actually have them in stock on the official launch day, it was a few days later as I guess they stock the Bangkok stores first, and the towns further afield are lower down the priority. Still, I'm expecting them to call me in the first week of November and I'll just be able to walk in and pick it up.

Now here's hoping that Apple Pay will come to Thailand soon, as it would be great to try that out.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with getting the iPhone at the end of October or first week of November. I managed to sell my iPhone 5S 32 GB to my girlfriend's friend, for a good price (14,000 baht which I think is pretty much OK). The only problem now is that my girlfriend of course will want one too, and then an updated iPad....it never ends..... lol

Roly

• Like 1

If they say available in Thailand on Oct. 31st they probably mean available from local carriers such as TRUEMOVE, AIS and DTAC.

But so far no pre order possibility on their website.

sad.png

Does that mean the phones are not unlocked?

They are always unlocked. In the past I bought from True (unlocked) and DTAC (unlocked).

Order online from apple.com on the 31st Oct & have it delivered to your home. I never buy apple products anymore from the resellers in Thailand. It doesn't cost any extra plus you can add on any extra 'apple care' or upgrades that you would like.

I'm not sure I would trust 30,000+ baht's worth of phone to the Thai post, but I guess it's sent registered and insured against loss / theft....

R

I'm not sure I would trust 30,000+ baht's worth of phone to the Thai post, but I guess it's sent registered and insured against loss / theft....

R

Post is fully traceable online & you can watch its progress. Postage is all included in the price which when I bought my MacBook Pro & last iphone, worked out cheaper than from the reseller in Thailand.

I am constantly amazed at people that go to their phone store every day, or check online daily, or state they will stay up all night to get the first one. People, it is a phone. Contrary to what you think, it will not double the size of your penis.

I am constantly amazed at people that go to their phone store every day, or check online daily, or state they will stay up all night to get the first one. People, it is a phone. Contrary to what you think, it will not double the size of your penis.

Already then. I don't have to feel insecure about my "6 plus" inches then. w00t.gif

• Like 1

I ordered my 5S on the TH Apple website on launch day. Delivered by DHL within 7 days from Singapore.Apple warranty is worldwide. Stay up and order early. I am

That's what I'd do.

Avoid the launch chaos with the carriers and get it direct from Apple. In the past the carriers were also more expensive than the Apple store, unless you signed up for a plan and got a small discount.

Thanks to various delays in shipping I only got mine yesterday, sent from the USA; but at this point, I'd wait for the Thai launch, unless you're traveling to HK or SG anyway.