Apple to launch iPhone 6/6+ in Thailand on October 31

DavidMavec

I am constantly amazed at people that go to their phone store every day, or check online daily, or state they will stay up all night to get the first one. People, it is a phone. Contrary to what you think, it will not double the size of your penis.

In the perception of certain ladies, it certainly does... just like any other status symbol

That aside, it's also really useful; the large phone trend is definitely a recognition of the fact that phones are the new computers. There are many people who don't have a computer but they have a phone, and it can do pretty much everything a computer would do for them.

And then there are more and more people who have a computer but find they never use it anymore because they can do things better and easier on the phone. There's very little I do on my computer these days outside of work.

Today I mail-odered some stuff from a seller via the line app, paid with my mobile banking app (K bank, brilliant), sent the transaction receipt via Line. Once I was done I was like... whoa... this wasn't just possible... this was actually much easier and better than doing the same thing on a PC!

One of my students already has one. Showed it to me last week. Pretty snazzy. Coolest part was the fingerprint recognition. Fast as lightning.

It's a big deal. I am amazed how fast and accurate the fingerprint sensor is. This is the end of passwords, people. Apple uses the fingerprint instead of a password for App store and iTunes store purchases; and for Apple Pay.

In the future you'll use your fingerprint for any app that requires a login. Because if the implementation is safe enough to protect your money, it's also going to be safe enough for a random app login.

And before anyone says the 5S had a fingerprint sensor - yes but it didn't have the crypto chip that enables secure authentication. So this is new.

Guarantee only good in the country it was bought in.

Warranty is worldwide at official Apple stores. In Thailand there are only authorized resellers for now so they only accept warranty repairs for iPhones bought in Thailand.

So if you buy it here it's covered here and any official Apple Store in the world eg usa, uk, hk, sg, ...

Edited by ExpatForever

Warranty is worldwide at official Apple stores. In Thailand there are only authorized resellers for now so they only accept warranty repairs for iPhones bought in Thailand.

So if you buy it here it's covered here and any official Apple Store in the world eg usa, uk, hk, sg, ...

You are so hopelessly wrong. Taken from Apple website:

Important Restriction For I Phone and I Pad.

Apple may restrict warranty service for I Phone and I Pad to the country where Apple or its authorized distributors originally sold the device.

I bought an iPad from iStudio in Central Pattaya and got an exchange unit in The Apple Store in Ginza,Tokyo.

I believe Phones are a different proposition though, maybe something do with certain models for certain countries, my iPad was wifi only, so that could be why I had no problem.

The worldwide warranty only applies to computers. I know from experience: I bought my 5s off the Apple Store in Hong Kong - needed a repair and called Apple Thailand was told they would only service it in HKG.

• Like 1

You are so hopelessly wrong. Taken from Apple website:

Important Restriction For I Phone and I Pad.

Apple may restrict warranty service for I Phone and I Pad to the country where Apple or its authorized distributors originally sold the device.

I stand corrected.

I'm surprised their servicing of iPhones isn't better.

The important word is "may". I purchased an iphone in the US that failed and had it replaced in TH directly through Apple. I had to send my phone to Singapore and received my replacement within 7 days. Another iphone failed when I was in Belize and was purchased in Canada. Had it replaced in California 2 months out of warranty. Be nice to Apple and it will be nice to you.

• Like 1

The important word is "may". I purchased an iphone in the US that failed and had it replaced in TH directly through Apple. I had to send my phone to Singapore and received my replacement within 7 days. Another iphone failed when I was in Belize and was purchased in Canada. Had it replaced in California 2 months out of warranty. Be nice to Apple and it will be nice to you.

It depends on the clerk you get. Lancaster, PA wanted to charge me $700 for a just out of warrantee MacBook Air hard drive and Manhattan did it for free. On the I Phones, I think they want to discourage creating a carry trade.

I am constantly amazed at people that go to their phone store every day, or check online daily, or state they will stay up all night to get the first one. People, it is a phone. Contrary to what you think, it will not double the size of your penis.

Quite right to paraphrase Bill Shankly, this isn't a matter of life or death it is far more important than that.

Is it just me, or is there something a bit odd about paying close to 1000 dollars for

an electronic gadget made in China ?? A device , that with past trends, will be

antique junk in a couple of years when the iphone 9 comes out ??

Well, I can't speak for everyone of course, but I think you belong to a small club tongue.png

A 3 year old iPhone 4s has still only depreciated around 50% or so from new price - so if you bought one of them and changed it now, it only cost you less than 10K Baht to own. Not as bad as it sounds once you take into account resale. No reason to expect the iphone6 will do any worse.

Edited by IMHO

Mine arrived in Bangkok yesterday afternoon , after reading Whale I thought I would ring DHL to find out if there was an approx. delivery time.

They told me they have sent mine in the mail , maybe 2 hours outside BKK is to much for them.

So it looks like I will have to wait a bit longer.

.................but arrived already smile.png

What did you order? I ordered a 64GB plus model only minutes after it went on sale - still not shipped sad.png

Same here. I was a 4s user and have to say I am very pleased with the 6's size and weight - just right.