2 months holiday - what to do?

Gweiloman

ll, I guarantee you would have enjoyed the ride with us. Fantastic roads (some of the best that flat Isaan has to offer, I'm willing to bet) and excellent company. I was leading most of the way, cruising at between 130-140 and both the Versys and CB had to reach speeds of 180 and above to catch up at times (I was in charge of sat nav, hahahaha).

All was well till the last but one day, riding up to PTB hill through the national park. Some smart ass decided it was a good idea to drench part of the uphill section with water, turning it into a mud rink. I went down with pillion, top box and two panniers and busted my knee and ankle and could not ride back to Bkk on the last day. Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue - drove my pick up 430 km to PTB hill and rode my Versys back to Bkk. My pillion drove me back to Bkk in the pickup (need to have more details of your Mondial assistance mate, for future cases).

What's ridiculous is that on the good sections, we were blasting through some curves at 130 kmh but I went down doing 5 kmh. Such is riding life I guess.

Are yuo meaning you actualey broke your knee and ankel when you fall off at only 5kmh's? Surely this is not a posiblyaty.

No, nothing broken that I know of so far. The bike must have landed on my lower leg as my knee was swollen and I could not bend nor straighten it without much pain and discomfort. Also felt pain when trying to rotate my ankle.

However, after a few days, it's recovering pretty quickly. No pain in the ankle area anymore but knee is still fairly stiff.

^^ ^^

Ok , when you say busted too me means broken i couldn't not understand how unless you have soft bones or similiar old age .you are luckily thyen to not have long term promblem,s Did you not ware bodily armour?

Edited by speedthrills

Know the cardinal compass points and where the sun is, and a photocopy of the Thailand page from an atlas and a reasonably intelligent person who can also read road signs will be able to navigate accurately enough anywhere in the world. Ditch the GPS technology (admittedly useful for locating specific locations), otherwise ditch the GPS and be adventurous.

Huh???

ll, I guarantee you would have enjoyed the ride with us. Fantastic roads (some of the best that flat Isaan has to offer, I'm willing to bet) and excellent company. I was leading most of the way, cruising at between 130-140 and both the Versys and CB had to reach speeds of 180 and above to catch up at times (I was in charge of sat nav, hahahaha).

All was well till the last but one day, riding up to PTB hill through the national park. Some smart ass decided it was a good idea to drench part of the uphill section with water, turning it into a mud rink. I went down with pillion, top box and two panniers and busted my knee and ankle and could not ride back to Bkk on the last day. Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue - drove my pick up 430 km to PTB hill and rode my Versys back to Bkk. My pillion drove me back to Bkk in the pickup (need to have more details of your Mondial assistance mate, for future cases).

What's ridiculous is that on the good sections, we were blasting through some curves at 130 kmh but I went down doing 5 kmh. Such is riding life I guess.

Are yuo meaning you actualey broke your knee and ankel when you fall off at only 5kmh's? Surely this is not a posiblyaty.

No, nothing broken that I know of so far. The bike must have landed on my lower leg as my knee was swollen and I could not bend nor straighten it without much pain and discomfort. Also felt pain when trying to rotate my ankle.

However, after a few days, it's recovering pretty quickly. No pain in the ankle area anymore but knee is still fairly stiff.

^^ ^^

Ok , when you say busted too me means broken i couldn't not understand how unless you have soft bones or similiar old age .you are luckily thyen to not have long term promblem,s Did you not ware bodily armour?

Sorry my bad. Should have just used "hurt" rather than some slang words.

I was wearing safety gear but they do not and cannot protect all sorts of possible injuries. Even with full on knee protectors, the knee can be injured from crushing weight alone.