2 months holiday - what to do?

Gweiloman

Haha, that's exactly who I thought it was!

funny, when people see a red honda in thailand, 'll' comes up to minds!smile.png

mine is cbr650f shurup. that red honda belongs to a friend of mine. that yellow black versys also belongs to a good friend:)

black versys renter?: no comment.

Edited by ll2

funny, when people see a red honda in thailand, 'll' comes up to minds!smile.png

mine is cbr650f shurup. that red honda belongs to a friend of mine. that yellow black versys also belongs to a good friend:)

ll, I guarantee you would have enjoyed the ride with us. Fantastic roads (some of the best that flat Isaan has to offer, I'm willing to bet) and excellent company. I was leading most of the way, cruising at between 130-140 and both the Versys and CB had to reach speeds of 180 and above to catch up at times (I was in charge of sat nav, hahahaha).

All was well till the last but one day, riding up to PTB hill through the national park. Some smart ass decided it was a good idea to drench part of the uphill section with water, turning it into a mud rink. I went down with pillion, top box and two panniers and busted my knee and ankle and could not ride back to Bkk on the last day. Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue - drove my pick up 430 km to PTB hill and rode my Versys back to Bkk. My pillion drove me back to Bkk in the pickup (need to have more details of your Mondial assistance mate, for future cases).

What's ridiculous is that on the good sections, we were blasting through some curves at 130 kmh but I went down doing 5 kmh. Such is riding life I guess.

ll, I guarantee you would have enjoyed the ride with us. Fantastic roads (some of the best that flat Isaan has to offer, I'm willing to bet) and excellent company. I was leading most of the way, cruising at between 130-140 and both the Versys and CB had to reach speeds of 180 and above to catch up at times (I was in charge of sat nav, hahahaha).

All was well till the last but one day, riding up to PTB hill through the national park. Some smart ass decided it was a good idea to drench part of the uphill section with water, turning it into a mud rink. I went down with pillion, top box and two panniers and busted my knee and ankle and could not ride back to Bkk on the last day. Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue - drove my pick up 430 km to PTB hill and rode my Versys back to Bkk. My pillion drove me back to Bkk in the pickup (need to have more details of your Mondial assistance mate, for future cases).

What's ridiculous is that on the good sections, we were blasting through some curves at 130 kmh but I went down doing 5 kmh. Such is riding life I guess.

gweiloman, it is always nice to ride with you man!

will be back in Thailand mid next month. lets go more rides during new year.

sorry to hear your accident and glad you and pillion is fine. slippery mud is bad on asphalt.

and it is good that it was a slow accident. remember injuring myself badly though on a 10 km spill though as was not expecting like you.

mondial roadside assistance is good, totally recommended on such cases. will pass you the info when i am back.

wish you a new year with more great rides!

little clip off roading up pu tub berk..............smile.png,wanton this is only if you come from the national park side ,coming up from petchabun side the road is tarmac all the way.

http://youtu.be/-Y-Iw0Bstug

the whole ride was great originally planned for 3-4 days ended up going for 7 days and 6 nights, great company and roads ,didn't really take to many pics as it was more about riding more than stopping every 10 mins to take pictures,looking forward to heading north after the new year..............speedy recovery yy.

Edited by taninthai

drift ghost hd camera ,film was a little shaky as it was attached to the wing mirror,yeah the versys can move along at a fair old pace ,i was happy with its power.

had a little go on the cbr 500 and its nice little bike to ride pretty smooth and everything felt nice and tight but lacks power was bouncing it of the rev limiter in every gear,

• Like 1

drift ghost hd camera ,film was a little shaky as it was attached to the wing mirror,yeah the versys can move along at a fair old pace ,i was happy with its power.

had a little go on the cbr 500 and its nice little bike to ride pretty smooth and everything felt nice and tight but lacks power was bouncing it of the rev limiter in every gear,

Rented a 500X and felt the same way - no power.

thanks,we hit some great twists and rolling hills in other parts ,but didn't have the camera running,we were not even stopping to take pics it was all about keeping the ride flowing.

Nowadays it looks like people are so focused on some kind of digital recording it looks like it is the sole purpose of a ride to show others were you have been.I'm not accussing anyone since I'm guilty as well ;-)

The beste rides are recorded in your memory and last forever.

Are yuo meaning you actualey broke your knee and ankel when you fall off at only 5kmh's? Surely this is not a posiblyaty.

Anything is possible even at the low speed. I was on Koh Chang some years back and who's been there, knows how steep the hills are out there. There was a truck rolled over on one of those hills and while it was laying in the ditch, the road was closed as the engine oil leaked out of it (being upside down) and it seeped onto the pavement just past the bend. There were a few scooters laying on their side as they slipped on the oil. I talked to a cop and asked him to let me pass and I said I'd be careful. He let me and I almost ended up in the ditch myself, had to steer the bike into the grass on a road side to get some traction.

Are yuo meaning you actualey broke your knee and ankel when you fall off at only 5kmh's? Surely this is not a posiblyaty.

No, nothing broken that I know of so far. The bike must have landed on my lower leg as my knee was swollen and I could not bend nor straighten it without much pain and discomfort. Also felt pain when trying to rotate my ankle.

However, after a few days, it's recovering pretty quickly. No pain in the ankle area anymore but knee is still fairly stiff.

Know the cardinal compass points and where the sun is, and a photocopy of the Thailand page from an atlas and a reasonably intelligent person who can also read road signs will be able to navigate accurately enough anywhere in the world. Ditch the GPS technology (admittedly useful for locating specific locations), otherwise ditch the GPS and be adventurous.

• Like 1