Wheels stripped from Honda at Don Mueang Airport parking lot

webfact

Wheels stripped from Honda at airport parking lot
By Coconuts Bangkok

571920-02.jpg
Photo: MThai

Is this your Honda Accord? If so, we’re sorry – leaving your ride at the airport should have been a safe bet.

BANGKOK: -- All four wheels from a brand new Honda Accord were stolen yesterday from the parking lot of Don Mueang Airport, while the owner is presumed to be traveling and unaware of his/her fortune.

Presumably having left the car at the airport while traveling, the owner hasn’t been identified yet. This is the second car to have its wheels jacked after an ASTV reporter lost his last week.

Reporter Ronnachart Butsaenkom reportedly left his car last Sunday and came back the next day to find his wheels were stolen, according to Manager.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/13/wheels-stripped-honda-airport-parking-lot

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-14

Any mention of compensation for the owner?

Or is this yet another "if you didn't leave it here, we wouldn't have been tempted to steal your wheels, so it's all your own fault, not ours" . . . gotta love "Thainess" or "idiocy" as I call it.

• Like 2

The owner most likely went on a trip to buy new wheels and he prepared his car to mount the new set of wheels when he arrives back at the airport :)

The fact that this is reported as news means that this doesn't happen often (yet)!

Many times Thai warm me to be careful for thieves etc. Then I tell them: don't worry, I come from Holland!

Where the hell was airport security at the time?

I sincerely hope they were doing airport security. Of the thousands of items that doesn't include, it doesn't include watching for wheel thieves, unless the wheel-stealing terrorists put their bombs and guns in the wheels and try to carry them aboard the aircraft. At that point, it would be excellent if airport security stopped them.

• Like 1

Airport parking is now a nightmare in Bkk. At Swampy you can't be sure of getting a spot in the short term parking and the long-term parking is miles away with no cover or security. At Don Muang, you also can't be sure of getting a place. Once I parked in the large bdg at the where there was no one giving tickets or taking money and no security. Just managed to get a slot without missing my flight and worried about my car the whole time. Needless to say I no longer attempt to park and fly. Even picking some one up is a hassle because there is no reliable parking. Used to park at DM domestic terminal often.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Many years ago I noticed the spare wheel had been stolen from under my pick up. The only place it had been left unattended was at Don Muang so I assumed the wheel had been stolen there. Looks like the thieves are still around.

Actually, before swampy airport Don Muang airport was considered by many Thais as the most likely place in Bangkok to have your vehicle stolen, even short-term (a few hours).

Overnight / long-term parking at DM totally out of the question, guaranteed theft.

Seems nothing has changed.

Other thoughts:

- Did these wheel thefts occur to vehicles in a specific long-term parking area, or are there documents (accessible to security staff) which identify long-term parkers?

- If it is security staff, where were the security staff supervisors?