Murders on Koh Tao: UK, Myanmar 'can observe'

webfact

Why is it conspiracy theorists can't grasp the fact that these two admitted murdering rapists have lawyers who can run whatever DNA tests they want including getting the UK involved in the defense.

That would be because the only reliable DNA from the victims is in the UK, where the bodies were shipped.

So we would need someone from the UK to come to Thailand, take DNA samples from the accused, then return them to the UK for testing.

Nobody trusts the DNA samples held in Thailand to be 'original' or 'untampered'.

(except you apparently)

So, in your mind the police likely sent the body back to the UK with semen still in and on it even though they planned to use false DNA evidence.

I am trying to figure out how this would work too since the DNA collected at the scene was sent to multiple labs and likely Singapore who appears to have initially confirmed it came from an Asian(are they all in on the conspiracy too). There were multiple universities in Thailand with many many staff who were involved in comparing the DNA from the scene with those collected by police.

The two suspects are still around and there DNA can be drawn at any time by their legal team and compared with that collected at the scene and they can go to the labs, the universities as well as the UK (as you believe) to have their DNA compared again.

Will they do this, almost surely not because THE SUSPECTS CONFESSED and will almost surely be pleading guilty.

No material was ever sent to SINGAPORE!

Police disinformation from the general`s top man to explain refusal of offered FBI help.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it conspiracy theorists can't grasp the fact that these two admitted murdering rapists have lawyers who can run whatever DNA tests they want including getting the UK involved in the defense.

That would be because the only reliable DNA from the victims is in the UK, where the bodies were shipped.

So we would need someone from the UK to come to Thailand, take DNA samples from the accused, then return them to the UK for testing.

Nobody trusts the DNA samples held in Thailand to be 'original' or 'untampered'.

(except you apparently)

So, in your mind the police likely sent the body back to the UK with semen still in and on it even though they planned to use false DNA evidence.

I am trying to figure out how this would work too since the DNA collected at the scene was sent to multiple labs and likely Singapore who appears to have initially confirmed it came from an Asian(are they all in on the conspiracy too). There were multiple universities in Thailand with many many staff who were involved in comparing the DNA from the scene with those collected by police.

The two suspects are still around and there DNA can be drawn at any time by their legal team and compared with that collected at the scene and they can go to the labs, the universities as well as the UK (as you believe) to have their DNA compared again.

Will they do this, almost surely not because THE SUSPECTS CONFESSED and will almost surely be pleading guilty.

Since when was a university ever a secure & reliable Criminal Pathology Department? Anywhere.

• Like 2

(except you apparently)

Police disinformation from the general`s top man to explain refusal of offered FBI help.

Oh?? Please send me a copy of the police report that the prosecution got!

(except you apparently)

Oh?? Please send me a copy of the police report that the prosecution got!

Please show us one thats been corroborated by Singapore or anyone else other than RTP.

Given the RTP tack record why would you or anyone else believe them on their word ?

Give it a rest m8 given the concern so many people governments and rights groups have about this case and the RTP word you pretending they are on the level is laughable.

• Like 2

You know what a straw man fallacy is EO? If not just refer to your last post.

Neither a gov't nor a private lab would break confidence to confirm your doubts. They give reports to the contracting agency only.

Neither a gov't nor a private lab would break confidence to confirm your doubts. They give reports to the contracting agency only.

Ahh but thats where your wrong they would be be happy to confirm they had been asked, its not the same as confirming findings.

At the same time the British government etc dont make groundless knee jerk official statements. The concerns are real not just in anyones head

However there is something such as credibility, the RTP lost it on day 2 and since then just dug the hole deeper.

Your loyalty to the RTP is highly amusing, shame the vast majority of Thais and thankfully the rest of the world paying attn knows differently.

Do carry on making an idiot of yourself though, every forum needs the jokers.

(except you apparently)

The lawyers requested a DNA sample of the boys to be tested in the uk.

I dont know if it was permitted, but i don't think so.

The dna test in Thailand confirmed it was Asian. But they were going to send it to sing to find eye and hair color. ( Asia, black hair, brown eyes obviously) don't think it was ever sent.

It may be that the boys dna is only on the ciggy butts. The connection with hannah is her DNA was somehow on one of the butts with the boys.

When police talk of DNA, it's not sure if they are referring to the dna inside the young lady.

`contracting agency`, that would be the totally consistent police commissioner general or region 8 or...?

"gov`t or private lab" which is it then?

Why preferred to FBI and or UK experts?

Date sent? Results? Remember it was supposed to be for further tests to determine height, skin, eye and hair colour after Pol forensics lab had determined 2 (or is it 3?) Asians, that is all.

No mention in Singapore press or anywhere. Google it to Hades and back. NOTHING.

EO... No they wouldn't confirm or deny participation in an active investigation.

I have not claimed knowledge of the internal workings of the investigation. The person I replied to did. I am waiting on him to forward the report. Since you claim to know that the tests were not run In Singapore, I welcome the reports from you as well.

For my part I will wait until the trial :)

`contracting agency`, that would be the totally consistent police commissioner general or region 8 or...?

"gov`t or private lab" which is it then?

Why preferred to FBI and or UK experts?

Date sent? Results? Remember it was supposed to be for further tests to determine height, skin, eye and hair colour after Pol forensics lab had determined 2 (or is it 3?) Asians, that is all.

No mention in Singapore press or anywhere. Google it to Hades and back. NOTHING.

You are claiming to know that it was not sent to a lab. Not me.

Google as much as you want. No lab would violate confidentiality.

Have the confessions been formally withdrawn?

I want to see the video of the confessions.

• Like 2

(except you apparently)

The lawyers requested a DNA sample of the boys to be tested in the uk.

I dont know if it was permitted, but i don't think so.

The dna test in Thailand confirmed it was Asian. But they were going to send it to sing to find eye and hair color. ( Asia, black hair, brown eyes obviously) don't think it was ever sent.

It may be that the boys dna is only on the ciggy butts. The connection with hannah is her DNA was somehow on one of the butts with the boys.

When police talk of DNA, it's not sure if they are referring to the dna inside the young lady.

Thai DNA test cornfirmed it was Asian? I don't think so.

The first statement released by the Chief of Police in Bangkok read that 'Thai DNA technology could only determine whether it was male or female'

You would hope that the Chief of Police in ANY country would know his country's DNA testing capacity so how could thailand by any stretch of the imagination suddenly be capable of determining ethnicity without outside help?

When you don't follow the story properly & make statements like that you just confuse other people.

• Like 1

"So we would need someone from the UK to come to Thailand, take DNA samples from the accused, then return them to the UK for testing."

Not necessarily - DNA could probably easily be obtained from accuseds parents / siblings which could help clear or confirm their involvement.

EO... No they wouldn't confirm or deny participation in an active investigation.

I have not claimed knowledge of the internal workings of the investigation. The person I replied to did. I am waiting on him to forward the report. Since you claim to know that the tests were not run In Singapore, I welcome the reports from you as well.

For my part I will wait until the trial smile.png

JD your wrong, when theres international cooperation or participation its not unusual to confirm that cooperation, it dosnt affect anything in an active case to do so. Only that the findings wouldnt be released.

Its down to you to prove the word of the RTP as your such a supporter not me... your the one defending them so you can prove it went to Singapore surely.

JD your wrong, when theres international cooperation or participation its not unusual to confirm that cooperation, it dosnt affect anything in an active case to do so. Only that the findings wouldnt be released.

Its down to you to prove the word of the RTP as your such a supporter not me... your the one defending them so you can prove it went to Singapore surely.

Police stated they did not have the ability to identify race and could only identify gender and this is the reasasn they said it would be sent to Singapore. Later they announced it was from an Asian. Regardless if it went to Singapore, we do know it went to multiple labs and dozens, if not more, have seen the results and been involved in the testing and and this will be part of the official case in court where there lawyers can challenge results and have their own tests run .... if the admitted murdering rapists don't plead guilty.

Police stated they did not have the ability to identify race and could only identify gender and this is the reasasn they said it would be sent to Singapore. Later they announced it was from an Asian. Regardless if it went to Singapore, we do know it went to multiple labs and dozens, if not more, have seen the results and been involved in the testing and and this will be part of the official case in court where there lawyers can challenge results and have their own tests run .... if the admitted murdering rapists don't plead guilty.

I don't think anybody reasonable thinks that they admitted anything.

Human rights organisations in 3 countries including thailand have expressed their belief that the 'confessions' were obtained under duress & torture. Amnesty International is the most respected human rights organisation on the planet & does not tend to make mistakes if it can possibly help it.

I'm sure that the Americans, Aussies, British & most other nationalities here will admit that beatings in police stations have been used to extract confessions from time to time in their own countries so why is it so hard for you thai sympathisers to accept that it may have happened in this case.

Your last sentence suggests that you've hung these 2 kids already & if that's true I feel quite sorry for the people around you.

• Like 1

Human rights organisations in 3 countries including thailand have expressed their belief that the 'confessions' were obtained under duress & torture. Amnesty International is the most respected human rights organisation on the planet & does not tend to make mistakes if it can possibly help it.

I'm sure that the Americans, Aussies, British & most other nationalities here will admit that beatings in police stations have been used to extract confessions from time to time in their own countries so why is it so hard for you thai sympathisers to accept that it may have happened in this case.

Your last sentence suggests that you've hung these 2 kids already & if that's true I feel quite sorry for the people around you.

Officials from the Burmese embassy in Bangkok on Monday travelled to the neighbouring island of Koh Samui to meet the two Arakanese migrants who have been remanded in custody pending murder and rape charges. The embassy officials, led by second secretary Htun Aye, were accompanied by Thai and Burmese lawyers, as well as migrant rights activists.

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September.

Kyaw Thaung, a representative of the Myanmar Association in Thailand, who attended the interview with the defendants, said, We went to the prison [on Koh Samui] and were allowed to meet with the two freely. They confessed to committing the crime under the influence of alcohol. When asked for further details, they said they bashed the victims two or three times each with the blunt end of a hoe, but not with the sharp end. They said they did it because they were drunk but did not intend to kill the couple.

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murderers-were-tortured-says-burmese-embassy-lawyer-burma-myanmar/44781

And regardless of if they were mistreated their DNA matched and they certainly didn't look beaten in their reenactment but it is possible police have conspired with doctors who checked the admitted murdering rapists when they were arrested and after hey confessed.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

post-193277-0-00018100-1413395295_thumb.

CSI LA posted the above without text, implying some scurrilous allegation, no doubt, but I'm too stupid to understand what. Anyone know? Looks like a werewolf transforming itself into a human. No matter anyway, as I am reliably informed by someone important that only crazy people believe social media.

Edited by Dogmatix

Officials from the Burmese embassy in Bangkok on Monday travelled to the neighbouring island of Koh Samui to meet the two Arakanese migrants who have been remanded in custody pending murder and rape charges. The embassy officials, led by second secretary Htun Aye, were accompanied by Thai and Burmese lawyers, as well as migrant rights activists.

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September.

Kyaw Thaung, a representative of the Myanmar Association in Thailand, who attended the interview with the defendants, said, We went to the prison [on Koh Samui] and were allowed to meet with the two freely. They confessed to committing the crime under the influence of alcohol. When asked for further details, they said they bashed the victims two or three times each with the blunt end of a hoe, but not with the sharp end. They said they did it because they were drunk but did not intend to kill the couple.

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murderers-were-tortured-says-burmese-embassy-lawyer-burma-myanmar/44781

And regardless of if they were mistreated their DNA matched and they certainly didn't look beaten in their reenactment but it is possible police have conspired with doctors who checked the admitted murdering rapists when they were arrested and after hey confessed.

Your source is as it stood on the 7th October & you deliberately edited out the words below in bold from the article;

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September. However, he said, their stories were “somewhat inconsistent” and “their faces portrayed fear”.

Seriously? What's wrong with you? You not only dig up week old news but then edit it to try to prove your point & show that they're guilty? You do realise that lives are at stake here don't you.

Here's some more recent news from the past 2 days.

the two men told a Burmese lawyer that they only confessed to the murders after they were tortured and beaten by police on the resort island of Koh Tao.

http://www.thejournal.ie/koh-tao-suspects-claim-torture-confessions-1715719-Oct2014/

THE MYANMAR lawyers of the two men charged with the Koh Tao murders of two British tourists have asked Thailand's National Human Rights Commission and the Myanmar Embassy in the Kingdom to push for British police to conduct independent DNA tests in the case, as they believe their clients are innocent.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Lawyers-want-DNA-tested-by-UK-police-30245295.html

& then we have;

Following the arrest of two Myanmar nationals for the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller last month, a lawyer on the Myanmar Embassy’s legal team, who met the two, said that one of the men alleged police beat and threatened him with electrocution.

Numerous sources have reported further acts of torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of other migrant workers from Myanmar arrested by police in connection with the investigation.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-must-investigate-police-torture-allegations-and-not-violate-rights-tourist-murder-prob

Your judgement is obviously much better than Amnesty International's though isn't it. wai2.gif

Dont mind JTJ hes very selective in his posts.

Sure sign of desperation.

• Like 2

Your source is as it stood on the 7th October & you deliberately edited out the words below in bold from the article;

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September. However, he said, their stories were “somewhat inconsistent” and “their faces portrayed fear”.

Seriously? What's wrong with you? You not only dig up week old news but then edit it to try to prove your point & show that they're guilty? You do realise that lives are at stake here don't you.

Here's some more recent news from the past 2 days.

the two men told a Burmese lawyer that they only confessed to the murders after they were tortured and beaten by police on the resort island of Koh Tao.

http://www.thejournal.ie/koh-tao-suspects-claim-torture-confessions-1715719-Oct2014/

THE MYANMAR lawyers of the two men charged with the Koh Tao murders of two British tourists have asked Thailand's National Human Rights Commission and the Myanmar Embassy in the Kingdom to push for British police to conduct independent DNA tests in the case, as they believe their clients are innocent.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Lawyers-want-DNA-tested-by-UK-police-30245295.html

& then we have;

Following the arrest of two Myanmar nationals for the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller last month, a lawyer on the Myanmar Embassy’s legal team, who met the two, said that one of the men alleged police beat and threatened him with electrocution.

Numerous sources have reported further acts of torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of other migrant workers from Myanmar arrested by police in connection with the investigation.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-must-investigate-police-torture-allegations-and-not-violate-rights-tourist-murder-prob

Your judgement is obviously much better than Amnesty International's though isn't it. wai2.gif

They did not retract their confessions during this meeting where police were not present but embassy staff, lawyers and human rights group were.

Police should not beat or threaten people regardless of what degree but they did confess and the DNA matches and what ever abuse they did receive was not too severe as doctors examined them and they looked fine just days later at the reenactment.

When they almost surely don't recant their confessions in court and plead guilty and their lawyers don't contest the DNA, just curious what your defense will be of these admitted murdering rapists will be?

At least it seems the petition is continuing to be effective:

Screen_Shot_2014_10_16_at_04_58_19.png

You don't often (be expected to) see hundreds marching on Downing St. over a "Perfect Job" in a double homicide from a modest police force on a small island in a developing country half the globe away........should that tell us something?

https://www.facebook.com/events/285972508258835/?fref=ts

CSI LA posted the above without text, implying some scurrilous allegation, no doubt, but I'm too stupid to understand what. Anyone know? Looks like a werewolf transforming itself into a human. No matter anyway, as I am reliably informed by someone important that only crazy people believe social media.

Wild stab in the dark, but he's drawing attention to the similarities in face / hair between the guy seen fleeing the scene on CCTV and one of the Thai suspects.

• Like 1