vehicle registration question

Tham1

Sorry for a very dull question but I am finding it difficult to get an answer.

I own a truck outright which was bought in Chiang Mai - I work for an oil company here so my work visa is registered to our Bangkok office although I am based in Pattaya

I sold my place in Chiang mai and went to the transport office before I left and they have re registered my truck blue book at my (Bangkok) work permit address although I now live in Pattaya.

Do I need to change my number plates from the Chiang Mai plates? If I sell the truck can I do the paperwork in Pattaya?

thanks

T

If you want to change the province a vehicle is regsistered in you will require two sets of the required documents, the are agents who can assist you for a fee if you only have one set.

If you want to keep the same plates then you have to take it back to the province it was registered in and to the trsting there and pay tax there, some people just do not transfer the vehicle and pay tax each year then pass on the transfer papers to the next buyer, this can be probalematic if the original owner is not Thai.

Bought my car in Pattaya and it had Bangkok plates. I moved to Korat and kept the car for 7 years here with the Bangkok plates and just renewed my plates each year. Just sold the car and the new owner wanted Korat plates so we changed them at the transportation office. I did not need to go back to Pattaya or Bangkok. Did all the paperwork here in Korat.