What is the process for changing my surname?

Ws93

Hello, I wish to change my surname to my mothers Thai surname for various including personal reasons. On my Thai birth certificate its got my English surname and I wish to change it to my mothers Thai surname, so Thai surname in Thailand, English in England.

What is the process of changing my surname? Where do I need to go, who do I go to and do I need my mothers permission?

If you are a dual-passport holder, using passports with two different dissimilar names could create issues when swapped. Otherwise,

A ThaiVisa search turned up many past threads, such as:

Started by Chao Lao Beach, 2013-12-26 09:42 -- 11 replies
Started by jonclark, 2013-08-14 16:35 -- 5 replies (archived)
Started by thelegend, 2011-08-08 10:35 -- 9 replies (archived)

So I enter Thailand on Thai passport, enter England with English passport. I'm dual nationality anyway, so why would it cause problems? As long as I don't mix my passportsup surely?

Of course make sure my flgiht tickets match the name of which country I enter.

The only issues that I found that have been discussed on ThaiVisa:

Enter and Exit a country on the same passport.

When swapping passports you are pretty much stuck using one-way tickets (unless the airline allows you to submit dual passports for use of round-trip tickets).

You must show the same passport to immigration upon arrival and departure, but the passport (and matching Air Ticket) you show to the airline is the one you will use upon arrival at your destination.

If ever questioned by airport security or immigration remembering to show the correct passport (so it doesn't turn into an extended background check).

So, no issues really.

i would think the only time you would need to use the UK passport is upon entry to the UK, exit from UK and entry/exit to Thailand would be Thai passport, airline ticket in Thai name, i am not saying it is legal to do, only possible to do. do you have two birth certificates?