Transferring Money Out Of Thailand

I am about to transfer some money from the UK to a bank in Thailand to support my non immigrant visa extension. I then want to send some back to the UK (I get a better interest rate and more security) I get the impression from a local branch of Bkk bank that this is not really a problem provided I can produce the documentation from the original transfer that proves that the money came from the UK in the first place.

Has anyone any experience of this?

When you transfer the money from the Uk ask your Thai bank for a Foreign Exchange Transaction Form - (Thor Tor 3). You'll need to produce this form when you want to send some of it back to prove you legally brought the money into Thailand.

If you are transferring more than 2 million THB then you need to fill out a form for Anti-Money Laundering office - theres a link on this site: http://www.thailandmoneytransfer.com/cash_limits.html

When you transfer the money from the Uk ask your Thai bank for a Foreign Exchange Transaction Form - (Thor Tor 3). You'll need to produce this form when you want to send some of it back to prove you legally brought the money into Thailand.

If you are transferring more than 2 million THB then you need to fill out a form for Anti-Money Laundering office - theres a link on this site: http://www.thailandmoneytransfer.com/cash_limits.html

There is a minimum amount I believe 1mil.

There is a minimum amount I believe 1mil.

I meant Thai baht. In fact it may be a $ figure and it may be only $20k. Ask the HO of your thai bank for confirmation.

There have been so many questions on this subject, which surprises me because I've never had anyone raise any questions when I do it.

My income is sourced in Thailand, yet I regularly (same day every month) transfer a chunky sum over to my savings account in Australia.

It happens so regularly that the lady in the bank has even got the forms half completed for me when I turn up on the first day of every month to do the transaction.

What's the issue here?

There have been so many questions on this subject, which surprises me because I've never had anyone raise any questions when I do it.

My income is sourced in Thailand, yet I regularly (same day every month) transfer a chunky sum over to my savings account in Australia.

It happens so regularly that the lady in the bank has even got the forms half completed for me when I turn up on the first day of every month to do the transaction.

What's the issue here?

I also don't understand concerns. It has been many years sice BoT announced "no restrictions on overseas transfer of funds" for foreigners, subject to anti-money laundering legislation. Foreign Exchange Transaction Certs., should have nothing to do with it, except where Condos are involved.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if there is a restriction on the number of times in a particular time period that you are allowed to make a tranfer to abroad. I think I'm correct that there is a maximum value of $20,000 per transaction, but how often can you do this?