Advice needed

Hello all

I'm planning to come to Thailand to train Muay Thai for around 6 months. I'll be flying in from Europe. Now I find the whole visa thing a bit confusing & will be very grateful if anyone can answer some of the questions I got.

First of all, am I best off getting a double entry tourist visa & extending it twice? Is the extension process pretty straightforward? Can you re-enter Thailand immediately after 90 days with such a visa? As for proof of onward travel, would an air ticket to a neighbouring country be sufficient?

Thanks in advance smile.png

AS said a double will work fine. As far as proof of travel, you don't need it to enter Thailand, but you might need it to get the visa. It all depends on where you are and what Embassy/Consulate you use to get the visa!

Take some pics of yourself every week. One bloke did 3 months hard training/clean living and lost more than 2 stone. The story in the newspaper read he was held in detention upon departure by Thai immigration authorities, who did not recognize his passpost pic anymore and thought he was trying something fishy! All the best.

Cheers- arunsakda

Edited by arunsakda

Hmm, I trust that the OP is not expecting to receive any financial remuneration for his Muay Thai training services!

You could even have said instead "even if OP trains Muay Thai without pay, that would still constitute work and he would require a work permit". This way it would have been more in tone with kind of debate that is so frequent on this forum.

Or perhaps just give a bit of leeway to OP's use of grammar. Most foreigners in Thailand are trained, and pay good money for that.

Hmm, I trust that the OP is not expecting to receive any financial remuneration for his Muay Thai training services!

You could even have said instead "even if OP trains Muay Thai without pay, that would still constitute work and he would require a work permit". This way it would have been more in tone with kind of debate that is so frequent on this forum.

Or perhaps just give a bit of leeway to OP's use of grammar. Most foreigners in Thailand are trained, and pay good money for that.

Sounds like he's coming here to get the training not to train others.