PM Prayut loses his cool

webfact

PRAYUT
PM loses his cool

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha lost his temper with a veteran reporter at a press conference on Tuesday, following a Cabinet meeting at Government House.

Excerpts of the exchange:

You [the premier] don't answer our questions straight, to the point, and don't address issues we ask about.

No. When I conclude, I have to ensure that I explain and describe for you [reporter] a clear picture and create a learning process.

We already have the basic knowledge.

[starting to raise his voice.] Do you have the knowledge to administer the country like me? You just write, think, and speak, that's all. And what do I do? I think, write, give orders, follow up on the work and write the plans. Anyone who can write [the plan as I do] please come and stand here.

Please don't get angry.

You can't insult me this way.

We aren't insulting you, but we want to get further information for our questions.

When incorrect information is published, do you [the media] apologise to me?

The newspaper will take responsibility.

I don't know. It is everyone's responsibility. You cannot speak this way. You have to reform the media for me. How will you people regulate each other?

This will reduce the conflict. I personally accept and respect you. Please don't get angry at me.

Prayut then smiled, wai-ed the reporter and apologises to the media before leaving.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-loses-his-cool-30245572.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-16

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guy! Stress is showing. Maybe his brother's wealth should not have come to light. giggle.gif

Well a hater is going to hate.

I guess if you can't find any dirt on the General then hold him responsible for his brother...his brothers wealth.

I think the General should do what world leaders do everywhere else--get a spokesperson and limit access of reporters.

Then he always has someone to blame on .... for incorrect information or behaves 555555

He seems to forget he is not a general anymore. Let someone else runs the country if he can't handle a little pressure from the press.

Its unfortunate that you can't comprehend there is privilege that comes with the position of being a leader of a country.

That is one of respect.

Do you think the US President would even allow a reporter like this in? No, part of being granted a Press Pass is to be respectful.

The PM raised his voice. That is how you remind a subordinate that they are stepping out of line.

Obviously you have always been an underling to not grasp even that simple truth.

In disciplined services there's respect for a uniform and rank but respect for the person has to be earned if it's genuine and not sycophantic.

Your attitude suggests Thailand will never progress as the leader can say what he wants and if questioned simply raises his voice and that's it.

By the way how is a reporter his subordinate or are you suggesting being PM gives him all embracing power and authority ?

Your attitude suggests Thailand will never progress as the leader can say what he wants and if questioned simply raises his voice and that's it.

This reminds me of a previous leaders attitude toward the press..... He fled Thailand after the Gen. took over last time.
  • Like 1

CC,

You are such a homer that your responses end up sounding clueless,,,

Obama gets raked over the coals by reporters journalists and writers...if the General took the abuse Obama gets, he would throw them in jail and that's the between having a democratic society and one that isn't...

Why is the Generals brother so wealthy? Maybe the General too? Are we sure he even has a thai birth certificate?

CB

Hey Gomer ;-)

Any chance you are a fan of Les Kinsolving?

Actually many would argue that the Press tosses Obama softballs because they have always loved him--thats been true from the beginning but has changed the past couple years after Obama opened a new Press Briefing Room which most reporters felt marginlized them.

But you are correct it is more difficult to have a Press Pass revoked than I suggested. Insteaad, Obama simply refuses to hold Press Conferences and has occasionally gone as long as 8 weeks without a Press Call. (How long has the General done as much?)

Does the General have a Press Secretary?

The main point I was making and which you missed by a wide margin is that the General has every right to get peturbed at a rude Reporter and all of you cry like he just instituted Prohibition. I continue to find it quite humorous that so many farang glorified tourists think their opinion should even matter in Thailand.

Thailand has made so many positive inroads in less than one year time and already so many here on TV are back to their incessant complaining. Read back over the past couple years posts and TV members were complaining about all the things the General is cracking down on but TV'ers are still complaining.

I find it so funny. You guys complain when you are back in your home countries so you move here and then you complain when you are here ;-)

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 2