Safety Shoes in Phuket

Iquot70

I am looking for high quality safety shoes to be used in the Hospitality business (Kitchen). I do not mind to spend money in it, I have to stand up and walk for ten hours a day, shoes are very important to me, however, as my feet have a non-standard shape, it of the utmost importance to try the shoes before I buy, I find rather difficult to get the right fit...

Is there any shop in Phuket that have in stock safety shoes?

Thanks in advance for any help

I guess you're after birkenstocks that specializes in kitchen shoes. You can buy them at outlet on bypass.

Sent from my LG-D858

Thanks hansgruber

Birkenstock are well made, high quality shoes and although many chefs use them in the kitchen, they are not safety shoes.

Don't know the reason, perhaps it's because they are extremely comfortable, promote a healthy posture and correct skeletal-muscle pump, however they miss the elementary features I'm looking for: toe protection (no need to be for heavy falls), anti slippery sole, including on oil spills and the possibility to machine wash them. Another prerequisite is that they must be close shoes and possible with the fast emergency opening.

Thanks again

I think I remember seeing them at HomeWorks Central. Middle back area, has safety equipment. Could be wrong. Don't make a special trip.

Edit: Or was it Thai Watsadu? One or the other.

Edited by Shot

Thanks Shot

You remember well, they endeed have safety shoes, but really cheap stuff. I'm looking for something better than that, perhaps something more specific for the kitchen environmental.

Thanks again

Look at this link under,maybe they can help you they make and selling shoes.

This is a Swedes Hospital inside Bangkok Hospital.

http://www.phukethospital.com/Health-Centre/Orthopaedic-Laboratory-Center.php

Bjorn R

Thanks a lot Bjorn

In the exhaustive list of service they have, does not appear any safety shoes, thanks God I don't need (yet) all the rest :-D

Good to know that actually there's something like that, you never know...

Thanks again

Red Wing has a Thai distributor.

http://thailand.redwingsafety.com/

Thanks Shot

Of course, internet is the first place I looked into. Red wings has a distributor in Chomburi, no chance to go there and try the shoes, that's my problem. I need to try before I buy, as my feet are somewhat "difficult" to fit in shoes, nothing so serious to require orthotics. I normally find usable the half sizes, between 42,5 to 44 depending on construction and/or design.

For instance, the good old Clogs from Dr. Scholl's, at the time they were built on solid beechwood, they were the best shoes I had the chance to wear in a kitchen and although open and without toe protection, they had a perfect grip both on the floor and inside, and the material was robust enough to protect my toes from the fall of the most common things you might find in a kitchen, including heavy, forged knives (Back in Europe, I used forged knives, real monsters over 5 kg weight, imagine if you let it fall on your toe...). Ironically, there is a Thai company that builds specific Chef's shoes, called Pangolin, but their shoes are far to hot! A day in those traps and my feet look like huge Mortadellas, not to mention the vapors that escape from them... Perhaps, more than looking for safety shoes, I should look more into Chef's gear shops?

Why don't you buy off the internet?

Thanks KarenBravo

That's why I'm here ;-)

Just kiddin', I really need to try three or four size before I find the right one, It's difficult for me.

Thanks anyway