Hello everyone,

my situation is that my 60 days "visit child" extension ends at the 24th of october. So I have to leave the country ( I guess). I am still waiting for the court decision papers which state me as legal father. Father legalisation has been done and the judge verdicted me as legal father at the 2nd of october. I have been told that it will takes around 3 weeks until we get the offical documents.

So right now I only have the birth certificate of my thai son and his tambien baan which states me as father. I am not married with the mother.

Actually I wanted to go to savansnakhet to get a Non O multiple entry visa, but as far as I understand I will need the child legalisation papers for that. Will I stll get the 90 days Non-O single entry visa just with the birth cert and tambien baan at savannakhet?

thanks

Congratulations.

Yes, you still get a single non-O visa. (Even with legitimizing the child you would in all probability not get a multiple non-O, that is reserved for marriage at Savanakhet).

It helps if you can include a copy of the mother ID/tabien baan and a small note confirming you take care of the child.

Congratulations.

Yes, you still get a single non-O visa. (Even with legitimizing the child you would in all probability not get a multiple non-O, that is reserved for marriage at Savanakhet).

It helps if you can include a copy of the mother ID/tabien baan and a small note confirming you take care of the child.

There have been reports of them doing a multiple entry if you are the legal father of a child but the paperwork has to be perfect,

You mention your not married to the mother.

But is she still around .are you together ???

If yes you can go to the local amphur and get a document stating your the main carer.

If she's not round could be difficult.

That might help till your documents come from the court.

You mention your not married to the mother.

But is she still around .are you together ???

If yes you can go to the local amphur and get a document stating your the main carer.

If she's not round could be difficult.

That might help till your documents come from the court.

Yes we tried that at the amphoe already. Total disaster... they refused everything even refused to help us and give more information. Just say why I don't marry the mother then I would get everything.

But great news. Our lawyer called a few minutes ago. He got the court order. Have to pick it up now....

When I have the court order of my legalisation. Is this enough for my Non O visa or will I also need something from the amphoe? Also, should my GF come with me to apply for the Non O visa? I heared more and more stories that getting a visa with having a thai child (and not married to the mother) is getting much more strict.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Unless the people at the consulate don't like your face, the court order should be enough. In addition, a letter from the child's mother addressed to the consulate stating that you are welcome to visit the child and asking that you should be issued a visa for this purpose plus a signed copy of her ID card might also be useful.

When I have the court order of my legalisation. Is this enough for my Non O visa or will I also need something from the amphoe? Also, should my GF come with me to apply for the Non O visa? I heared more and more stories that getting a visa with having a thai child (and not married to the mother) is getting much more strict.

There are documents you will need from the Amphoe to formalize the legitimization.

I suggest you take your child and their mother with you that will be proof you are living together as a family (de facto marriage). Also copies of her house book and ID card to include with the application. If not then a good letter from the mother and some pics of you all together.

There are documents you will need from the Amphoe to formalize the legitimization.

I suggest you take your child and their mother with you that will be proof you are living together as a family (de facto marriage). Also copies of her house book and ID card to include with the application. If not then a good letter from the mother and some pics of you all together.

Ok interesting. Because my lawyer (A known Lawyer in Udon Thani) said the amphoe forms is not really necessary. The court order is already some kind of the highest value document. Yes my GF is considering coming with me but it is all not easy. She is working and has only limited time, child is young (20 months old). I really hope this is working and I will not stuck in Laos blink.png

I don't know if he is aware of what is needed to get a visa. Perhaps not needed for day to day affairs. To insure success for your application I suggest you have every document possible.

Showing that you are living together as a family is important. Your unofficial Mia and child being with you can help a lot.

Fortunately for you they are doing the visas on same day of application,

Not being aware of how you are going to get to Mukdahan from Udon. I suggest you travel there the afternoon or evening before you plan on applying. If you can be at the bridge before 6 you can cross the bridge and spend the night in Savannakhet. After that you may not be able to cross the bridge because the Lao VOA office may be closed so you would need to spend the night in Mukdahan and cross early the next morning to insure you get to the consulate before 11 am.

You will not get stuck in Laos. The worst case is that you will only get a single entry non-o visa.