Completing TM.87 Form

A few questions on filling out a TM.87. I entered on Visa Exempt and want to convert to Non-O. Some of these might seem self explanatory but this will be my first TM87 and I don't want to get to Immigration and have to redo it. I am from the U.S.

ON FRONT PAGE

1. "Immigration Bureau"....The office where you are applying?

2. After you fill in all the passport number and passport issue date it asks "issued at".....New Orleans? USA? I don't have my passport in front of me, maybe this is on the info page of passport?

3. After the passport "valid until" info it asks for "kind of visa".... Is this what visa you entered on? As in my case, Visa Exempt? Or the type Visa I am requesting?

ON BACK PAGE

1. "Address in Thailand"....Can this be the hotel I am staying at and will I need to bring any paperwork from hotel?

2. "This application is written by"...My name if I filled it out? And if I did fill out, whose address goes below that?

Thanks guys!

1. yes.

2. I fill in the place it says on my passport.

3. Yes, visa exempt entry

1. Yes, letter from hotel could be handy.

2. Yes, your name and address.

You must have at least 15 days left. Only the regional immigration headquarters, like Bangkok and Chiang Mai, will now accept an application to convert. You will probably have to return after 2 weeks to get the actual conversion.

On the front:

1. The office where you are applying

2. I use the info printed under "authority" on the bio page of the passport. I have 2 passports, one says "Passport Agency Los Angles", the other "United States Department of State".

3. The visa that your entered on: in your case "Visa Exempt.

On the back:

1. Your hotel address. You might need proof that you are staying there in the form of a bill or letter from them.

2. If you fill it out your name and repeat the address above. If someone else fills it out their name and address.

Edited by wayned