Kamala Renamed Jet Ski Paradise Beach

Pinot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mayor is dead, Long live the Mayor.

Plus ca change

Other apt Francophone maxims, quotes and sayings....

coffee1.gif

Any connection between the death of the former Patong mayor and Kamala?

I think he thought he was posting a comment on Phuketwan.

Morrison sycophant.

Sent from my LG-D858

the jet ski's are ONLY down in front of the hotels ( the area near the park and walking bridge) on the beach

none--- 2/3rd's of the rest of the beach which is empty of everything!!

yep still love it here, u can sit under the trees and every day see more an more thai's enjoying the beach the way it was before.

No idea why u all think its the worst beach but that's fine with me an those of us here

What i wonder is there missing about 20 restaurants that were on the beach, so where will everyone eat?

PS; in the area in front of soi bangla in Patong are more jet ski's than anywhere else on the island, also taking up all the space under the trees.

It's just too bad because the noise, exhaust and danger to swimmers............hopefully it'll be a designated zone.

phuketrichard, don't let these guys bother you, negative salty dogs abound on this forum, you enjoy Kamala (as well as the other places I've seen you post about in SE Asia).

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Jetskis-allowed-Kamala-Beach-confirms-Phuket-Governor/38201#ad-image-1

Allowed to be on the beach or completely dominate the beach. There were 13 jet skies on the beach. There were about 30 tourists. This is nuts. Jet skis dominate at what use to be Kamala Beach. Now just call it Jet Ski Paradise Beach.

another beautiful afternoon at Kamala, so glad u all don't come over here and crowd the place up. The few tourist wiht their own mats and towels on the beach and LOTS of thai's really enjoyed the sunsetthumbsup.gif

With all the beach side rests gone they ones that are legal, on the opposite side of the walkway, will do very well this year an da few enterprising Thai's have started driving their motos with side cars on them which are filled with touristy stuff an a few have set up small som tum rest type places with mats ( like they used to have on Rawaii years ago) on the beach

From the last rest on the sidewalk all the way to the Novotel is empty!!

Mr pancake is doing good business

maybe 10 jetskis down at the southern end near the bridge

but whats bad is their were two thais walking around with an iguana and a large boa constrictor to have photos taken with bah.gif

shot from the southern end ( only place they have jetskis an parasailing) looking north and no idea WHEN it was shot

The hotel on the beach is there, as are places that have rights to be there for ages

funny how u didn't bother to shoot the rest of the beach which is empty

even so looks 10x nicer than Patong :-)

shot from the southern end ( only place they have jetskis an parasailing) looking north and no idea WHEN it was shot

The hotel on the beach is there, as are places that have rights to be there for ages

It was shot 2 days ago. The date is above the photo.

The shot hides the dirty klongs so that's a plus.

Sent from my LG-D858

sorry a shot without the date embedded means jack to me :-)

this goes for all shots that can not be verified.

anyway...

I still like it here

at least we have trees and not the crowds patong./surin/kata get

PHUKET: -- A meeting yesterday (October 21) to follow up on application of the policies of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) repeated that all beaches must be cleared of commercial activity – and that includes jet-skis that have once again crept back onto the sand, particularly at Kamala. clap2.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/770449-jet-skis-told-get-back-off-phukets-beaches/

• Like 1

anyway...

I still like it here

OK.

anyway...

I still like it here

It's easy to write any date to a photo as it's easy to change the exif data as well.

Here is a bit larger version of the photo from the same location and same time.

IMG_4814.JPG

this is shot from the street; across from the school

ur first shot was taken from the beach

and to be clear ( again ) this is the Southern end of the beach where all the hotels an jets ski's/fishing boats and where the klong feeds into the bay

You can see how empty the beach is all the way to the Novotel

Hey, we all have our favorite beaches for whatever reasons. would bet most of us go to the closest one.