Slain Japanese tourist remembered at Sukhothai Historical Park

webfact

Slain Japanese tourist remembered at historical park

17-10-2557-15-19-24-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Japanese diplomat and staff today laid flower at the scene where a Japanese female tourist was murdered seven years ago but the case remained a mystery.

Leading the team of staff and local officers at the Sukhothai historic park in Sukhothai province to pay respect to their deceased countryman was Mr Osamu Ozawa, the minister in charge of political affairs at the Japanese embassy.

The victim, Miss Tomoko Kawashita, 25, from Osaka, was found killed near the Sukhothai Historical Park on November 24, 2007.

She had been seen touring the park, a World Heritage site, on a bicycle rented the day she was killed.

Mr Ozawa said although it has been over six years now that she was killed, if the Thai police could arrest the murderer, he believed the good relations between the two countries would be even strengthened.

Pol Col Montri Chutipongvivet, deputy commander of Sukhothai police said the police have not given up its effort to hunt down the murderer even though the case had been transferred to the Department of Special Investigation to handle.

Earlier the Department of Special Invesigation (DSI) has come up with a new theory that the victim might have been killed by her murderer using a military-typed knife and not a kitchen knife as earlier thought.

The deep knife wounds on the victim’s throat led the DSI to suspect that she was attacked with a military-typed knife and not a kitchen knife.

The DSI has revived the case for renewed investigation after Japanese ambassador Shigekazo Sato in February raised the case with national police chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew. He also expressed concern for the safety of some 1.2 million Japanese tourists visiting Thailand annually.

For the past almost six years, there has been no progress about the case although many dozens of suspects were rounded up and eventually released.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/slain-japanese-tourist-remembered-historical-park/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-17

If the Brits held a memorial ceremony for every countryman and woman murdered in Thailand there wouldn't be enough days in the year.

What a disgusting Thai-hating post!!

(could it have something to do with British behaviour/lack thereoff?)

The Thai police would probably manipulate this statement to make it appear as a Burmese hating post whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif. . Just saying.

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

If the Brits held a memorial ceremony for every countryman and woman murdered in Thailand there wouldn't be enough days in the year.

And you're one down again from the guy you berate. Do you people actually read the topics? Idiotic, the pair of you!

The picture from the paper , paints a thousand words, once again an unsolved murder , would some junior reporter like to spend the weekend doing research ,how many unsolved murders in the past 10 years and how many found guilty from another country , pleading they are innocent , might prove a thought provoking exercise.coffee1.gif

Can't believe it's 7 years already. That's just down the road from me too. It's the last place you would expect something like that to happen. Especially during the day. I think I remember she was robbed of a mobile phone and 1,200 baht. Such a waste of a young life just out enjoying the world.

I remember this and that same year a few months ago I was doing the same thing riding a bike touring this wonderful city. The perps will likely not be caught but rest assured, the universe does not work that way, they will pay terribly and suffer for eternity for taking a life without cause. RIP to the victim.

• Like 1

I remember this and that same year a few months ago I was doing the same thing riding a bike touring this wonderful city. The perps will likely not be caught but rest assured, the universe does not work that way, they will pay terribly and suffer for eternity for taking a life without cause. RIP to the victim.

All evidence actually suggests that the universe does indeed work that way.

I admire your beliefs. But that is what the are.

Beliefs.

The facts aren't as nice.

Murdered young woman deprived of her life

an incompetent, uncaring police force who through sheer lack of ability, sense, sensibility and empathy, crowned with a ship load of corruption can't and won't solve cases like this.

no justice for her

And no retribution for the perp(s) of this heinous crime

And no sanctions for those who cover it up, and/0r run a slipshod investigation with no adoption of best practices.

Edited by getthaid
  • Like 2

All evidence actually suggests that the universe does indeed work that way.

I admire your beliefs. But that is what the are.

Beliefs.

The facts aren't as nice.

Murdered young woman deprived of her life

an incompetent, uncaring police force who through sheer lack of ability, sense, sensibility and empathy, crowned with a ship load of corruption can't and won't solve cases like this.

no justice for her

And no retribution for the perp(s) of this heinous crime

And no sanctions for those who cover it up, and/0r run a slipshod investigation with no adoption of best practices.

And a family destroyed in Japan waiting to hear some news that will never come.

• Like 1

Thai hating? Because it wasn't an overtly positive comment? You are confusing hatred and hyperbole. Next thing, we'll have someone calling it sarcastic!