Changing name in the blue book.

Spoonman

2 questions.

1. does the vehicle have to be present at the LTD when changing name in book to new owner ?

2. can the name be changed at any LTD or can it only be done in the province the vehicle is registered in.... Rego in Bangkok/change name in book in Pattaya?

Ahh no it is not a wind up.

I have sold my Ranger. currently it is not running as the turbo and fuel system is off the motor.

The new owner does not care about the lack of drive-ability as he will be performing a V8 engine swap. He needs to change the book to his name though.

Ahh no it is not a wind up.

I have sold my Ranger. currently it is not running as the turbo and fuel system is off the motor.

The new owner does not care about the lack of drive-ability as he will be performing a V8 engine swap. He needs to change the book to his name though.

Oh ! OK I would of thought someone that I think and see as you who works in Thailand in your position would have known the knowledge in Thailand of what to do and would have no problem with that, anyway just go to your nearest DLT office that's the only place to sort it out, no problem.

Day mate. laugh.png

Edited by Kwasaki

Umm yeah, I do work in Thailand. Going to the DLT daily is not part of my work description. I have done vehicle transfers on running vehicles but not on ones that don't.

Rocking up to the DLT poses several issues, firstly I need to take the time off work to do so and secondly I would also need to take a local (thai person) from work with me to assist with the asking....

Not really feasible to do unfortunately hence I was asking if anyone else had some knowledge so I know what to expect... not sure why you take offence to me asking ?

Umm yeah, I do work in Thailand. Going to the DLT daily is not part of my work description. I have done vehicle transfers on running vehicles but not on ones that don't.

Rocking up to the DLT poses several issues, firstly I need to take the time off work to do so and secondly I would also need to take a local (thai person) from work with me to assist with the asking....

Not really feasible to do unfortunately hence I was asking if anyone else had some knowledge so I know what to expect... not sure why you take offence to me asking ?

Come on ' spoon ' your playing me, not sure how you read offence in my posts to you, I only like to help people here on tv the same as you do I guess, OK I joke a lot and why not.

The " What to expect question " will only be solved by going DLT office cause they all do things in different ways all around province offices and all over the country.

Goodluck with it anyhow.

Well the mention of Pattaya narrows down the provinces and the question clearly is asking if anyone else has had to deal with the same/similar problem because I was hoping as the vehicle is only 2 years old it would not have to make an appearance at the DLT and that would save me a lot of time of fitting up the fuel system and turbo of another vehicle just to get this one running for a few moments of glory at the DLT.

Thanks for your advice though, Now idea why the though of just going to the DLT never occurred to me earlier.

vehicle needs to be present at time of name change cos they have to check vin numbers with the book etc

You must do the name change at the same DLT where the truck is registered

Wow awesome... not good news for me.

You see Kwasaki... rather than be an <deleted> you could have replied the same.... but I guess you are just as clueless on the actual matter as me.

vehicle needs to be present at time of name change cos they have to check vin numbers with the book etc

You must do the name change at the same DLT where the truck is registered

Wow awesome... not good news for me.

You see Kwasaki... rather than be an <deleted> you could have replied the same.... but I guess you are just as clueless on the actual matter as me.

Yeah well of course the vehicle has to be present that's not rocket science as I said before because you live and work in Thailand I didn't think you were so ill informed about things here, I have a Thai Mrs and she is worth her weight in gold and they are heavy boned people.

I had you down as a better person than you portray on your keyboard, sad really but water off a duck back to people like me, so no worries.

My bike was not present at the LTD when the book was changed to my name. Hence I asked if a car needed to be but once again kwasaki you go off your your own tangent slinging &lt;deleted&gt; instead of answering the actual question.

My bike was not present at the LTD when the book was changed to my name. Hence I asked if a car needed to be but once again kwasaki you go off your your own tangent slinging <deleted> instead of answering the actual question.

And once again going to your local DLT you will get the answer, the DLT where I live the bike or car has to be present. smile.png

Sorted. Vehicle does not have to be present.

Wow, you must have good connections, or are just making up things as usual, because as another poster pointed out already with every transfer a copy from the VIN numbers is taken and attached to the documents.

Meh not my problem if you don't believe me... as I mentioned above my bike was not needed to be present either.

Edited by Spoonman

spoonman you must be using an agent to do the transfer if the bike or the car is not needed at DLT

I just purchased a car in Bangkok last week, I was informed by the person that deals with the transfers that the car had to go to the DLT to obtain the VIN number. I stated I wanted it done fast and would pay the extra coin to the person doing the transfer at the DLT office. The answer was its got to be done as per the rules no more backhanders as they are being watched.

What is the advantage of using an agent ?