2 week holiday back to Thailand with wife on spouse visa.

Hi All,

Going back to Thailand with my wife for 2 weeks holiday in Nov, she has been here since March on a spouse visa.

Just had a thought when we come back through immigration...do i need to carry all my visa documents again like when we first came through?

I thought i would have our letters to say we still live together, marriage certificate and i will bring my payslips to show im still earning more than required amount (albeit a new job).

Will they be needed? Wife has a job here, all our documents are in order. Just know how IOs can be sometimes at the desk!

I'm sure this has happened countless times, anyone have any recent experience?

You don't need that stuff. If you come back together, you're all the evidence she needs to back up the visa. (Make sure she has it with her if it's now in an old passport.)

Even if she is travelling alone she should be allowed entry without any hassle; unless the IO has reason to believe that your marriage is no longer extant..

The advantage of travelling with you, though, is that she will probably be allowed through the UK/EEA line with you.

However, I'd recommend she waits in the non EEA line while you ask, and then you can call her over if they say yes.