New Apple Tablets

DogNo1

Apple has recently announced the sale of the iPad mini 3 among other new products. The mini sells for $599, $699 & $799 depending on the amount of memory on board. The mini looks nice but I just bought an Amazon Fire 6 with 16 GB in California for $119! The Fire 6 is fast and has a beautiful screen. It connects easily to wifi and the Amazon store has all the apps I want. I got 500 units (same as $5.00) to use in the app store with the Fire plus a complimentary month of Amazon Prime. This little tablet does all that I want and it cost $480 less than it's Apple counterpart. I hadn't liked Kindle Fires until this new model but I'm very happy with this economical Fire 6!

Sorry, I misquoted from a c|net article. Prices are actually $399, $499 and $599. The point of the post was to inform TV readers that there are alternatives to the iPad mini 3 that are much cheaper than it is. The Fire 6 16 GB is $280 cheaper and is a very nice, new machine. Apple products cost a premium price that, in my opinion, are not worth it for what you get.

Anyone else seen discounts on the ipad air and ipad mini(2) retina now when the new ipads is due to arrive. I was in a shop this afternoon and the air was 13500 b now(down from16000) and the mini retina 10.000 b(down from 13500),has anybody else seen those offers or should one be cautious?

Best to wait until after Oct 31st, when the new ones are released.

Unless you want the iPad mini - in which case you're paying extra just to get touch ID with the new model.. And by the time the new one launches, the cheaper but otherwise identical old one might not be available anymore.

I ordered iPad mini 2 last night from online Apple Store. B12,200 - 32 gig. Delivers to my Thai home on Saturday. Cheaper than resellers.

Only difference with ipad mini 3 is fingerprint scan. Processors is A7, same as mini 2 otherwise they would tempt people away from iPhone 6 plus with A8 processor.

I ordered iPad mini 2 last night from online Apple Store. B12,200 - 32 gig. Delivers to my Thai home on Saturday. Cheaper than resellers.

Only difference with ipad mini 3 is fingerprint scan. Processors is A7, same as mini 2 otherwise they would tempt people away from iPhone 6 plus with A8 processor.

The new ipad air 2 has an A8 processor and the fingerprint thingy.

and apparently they are being released here at the end of the month.

The new ipad air 2 has an A8 processor and the fingerprint thingy.

and apparently they are being released here at the end of the month.

I wasn't talking about the Air, was on about the mini 2/3 with retina having same A7 processor. Air too big for me & my mini 1 is a little slow with the A5 processor.

^ Think about it..If they put A8 in the mini 3 it might put some people off going for the more expensive iphone 6 plus phablet. I know I thought about it but decided to get the mini 2 which will be more than adequate for a couple of years. My iPhone 5 will do me for another year, easily.

^ Think about it..If they put A8 in the mini 3 it might put some people off going for the more expensive iphone 6 plus phablet. I know I thought about it but decided to get the mini 2 which will be more than adequate for a couple of years. My iPhone 5 will do me for another year, easily.

iPad's aren't going to cannibalize iPhone sales until iPad's can make phone calls (i.e. never). As iPhones go phablet, they will definitely start cannibalizing iPad mini sales though - which is probably the reason why Apple didn't put too much R&D into the new mini...

• Like 1

Just as a follow up to those with doubts over ordering online. I ordered my iPad mini 2 last Tues evening from Apple.com & it arrived at my Thai home on Friday via DHL. My name engraved on the back, free of charge. B12,200 for the 32 gig retina version. Quite a difference in performance between the 1 & 2.

I think the mini 2 is a bargain as the mini 3 only really offers the finger scan as extra. The Air 2, however, looks pretty awesome for those who like a bigger tablet.