Ability to marry form/certificate and visa extentions

I have read and hear conflicting advice about whether or not one needs to retain the "baisod" or the proof of ones ability to marry (from your embassy) after marriage.

Some have warned that they were asked for this by the immigration officer, when extending their marriage visa.

If the amphur office kept the embassy original and the certified/affirmed translation with the Immigration and Embassy Stamps on them, does anyone know if this was a mistake, or does one only need to ask for copies? Presumably, it's ridiculous to require this form when one has a Khor Ror 2 and Khor Ror 3, but nonetheless I have read of others' experiences and am concerned.

it would be good to keep a copy of the affirmation of permit to marry in case it was ever asked for.

There have been some reports of it being asked for when doing the first extension application. There have been other reports of some rogue offices asking for it later but I have not seen a report lately of that happening that I can recall.

If you don't have a copy and were asked for one you would have to go back to the Amphoe and ask for a copy. Some people have not been able to get one because the Amphoe did not want to do it or it was lost. In the those cases a letter from the Amphoe could be asked for stating it was lost or they refused to look for it.

• Like 1