Phuket police get tough on crime ahead of ‘high season’

Lite Beer

Phuket police get tough on crime ahead of ‘high season’
Eakkapop Thongtub

1413614682_1.jpg

All clear. Phuket police inspect the shooting range at the foot of Patong hill.

PHUKET: In anticipation for the coming “High Season”, Phuket police are working hard to rid the streets of crime, with drugs and weapons at the top of their raids and inspections itinerary.

Phuket top-cop, Pol Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit, acting on top-down orders from Maj Gen Decha Budnampeth, commander of Region 8 police (Southern Thailand police command), has commanded all of the island’s police to conduct “inspections” of establishments that deal weapons or offer weapons servixces.

Police will be checking all shooting ranges and gun dealers for required permits, registration paperwork and to ensure that staff are knowledgeable and trained in accordance with the appropriate regulations.

Initial inspections this morning were conducted at the shooting range at the foot of Patong hill, but failed to uncover anything illegal. The targeted shooting range had 24 guns – both rifles and pistols – all of which were registered.

Police declared that the establishment had the appropriate permit (Por 4) and the staff were all cooperative and able to answer questions to police satisfaction.

Phuket Vandels nabbed

Meanwhile Phuket police announced that they have fulfilled two outstanding Phuket arrest warrants for suspects wanted for vandalism in Phuket.

The first warrant, for a 34-year-old Mr Nikom Maileuay was issued in 2009, and was fulfilled in Suratthani, while the second warrant was issued last year for 28-year-old Phumsak Kaewsa of Sakhon Nakhon, who was arrested in Patong.

Both suspects have been transferred to Kathu Police for further processing.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-get-tough-on-crime-ahead-of-%E2%80%98high-season%E2%80%99-49214.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-18

I don't see how inspecting a popular gun range and arresting 2 vandals is getting tough on crime before high season. If they rounded up every sex tout in Patong and fined them 100,000 baht and 1 year in jail for damaging Thailand's image, then I would have to agree they were getting tough.

High season you have got to be joking the country is in turmoil the tourists are flocking to other countries where they will get better deals for there money without the worry of being slaughtered on a beach TAT ar doing a fine job in releasing very confusing figures day by day week by week living in a tourist area I can say I have never known the islands to be so quiet

• Like 2

The people here have to realize there is a difference in putting on a show for the news media and actually enforcing the law. The show's over Thailand. Get used to it.

Edited by razer

Indeed 5-O, a couple of the dudes are regularly in a certain Patong night time establishments VIP area around 03.00ish on 200 pee rd... incognito of course see F B I they are pleasant, courteous and ok, everyones - happy

Shows what I know as when first bumped into them I thought they were Cosa Nostra, wouldn't want to cross the lads all the same, always have an entourage, suppose I was right first time then? lol whistling.gif