UK cops 'to only observe'

Lite Beer

No matter what is said, they will hear what they want. And what they want is anything they can use or twist to help them handle their feelings of inferiority in Thailand by putting on a false sense of superiority towards in Thailand with more money and power than them actually pretty much anyone in Thailand down to the much more financially challenged Thai who as an example get to pay a couple dollars less to go to places like their own State Parks.

What seems clear in many of these folks posts is that they are not motivated by a desire to see justice for the victims but rather to display and promote an anger towards Thailand and a desire to see Thailand suffer.

It is as a clear cut case they got the right people in this case as it was for the train rapist murderer of the young girl .... initially suspects wrong, over looked the right person, conflicting stories in the press, confession, DNA match, friend's testimony and so on. But didn't see anyone then suggesting sending money to the suspect as I have seen with this case. They don't want to see justice, they want to see Thailand be proved wrong to help themselves feel good.

B$L%S41T. You are out of touch with reality. This is not about Thailand being wrong this is about a cover up of the real killers.

Was somebody else seen by numerous people near the murder scene at the time as well as captured on video who confessed to the crime and whose DNA matched and who had a victim's belonging located at their residence?

And I never said it was about Thailand ... but clearly to some posters it is about their need and desire to see Thailand look bad. You only need to read their posts to see this.

Go to CSI LA on facebook (you may have heard of facebook). Notice how it's 95% thai people there .. and they are many.. and they think the real killers are protected by police and mafia.

And the same percentage of people belonging to Elvis Faked his Own Death groups also believe he faked his own death. Surprise Surprise, not.

But I guess the answer to my question is no.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I hope, for the British cops sake, that they will be allowed to carry weapons.

As a rule of thumb, British cops don't carry in the normal course of their duties.

Why would they want to carry a weapon whilst on holiday?

• Like 1

*Edited*

What he should be doing is shirt fronting him in front of the world by upping travel warnings to Thailand and forcing insurance premiums up so people won't travel there until the British people get satisfactory answers and assurances that the investigation is above board and free of interference .

We can wait for the outcome, and then, if necessary, start travel warnings, petitions and such. If I did not have obligations in Thailand, I would have gone already.

• Like 2

I said it in the other topic wait and see.. all the English were patting themselves on the chest while i said wait and see its not going to happen.

Guess i was right they were blinded by patriotism and forgot how it worked in Thailand, plus like others have said no country in the world wold let other countries do law enforcement on their turf. Observers no more. That is it.

You're acutely naive, acutely. They are NOT doing law enforcement at all. They are here to help and observe. They can not make an arrest which is what law enforcement is. There is thousands of cases around the world where the countries have helped each other in cases like this...thousands

This news report is very different from what has been published in the British press. The Thai PM appears to have put his own spin on the agreement, unsurprisingly.

This time I think you have it backwards. The investigation is pretty much over and the case has been given to prosecutors. Their is little or nothing left to investigate. It would have been fairly unprecedented for another country to take an active role in investigation of another country's criminal case like this but being observers is something certainly is not. So, barring some new info, I would think the PM got this one right.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He also told reporters that Cameron expected the British public to "take some more time to understand this matter".

How about "it will take some time before Thai authorities understands that this will not go away and the UK is watching and ............. judging"

Actually this will go away regardless of the outcome and big deal the UK is watching (a lot less than you think), looks like Thailand invited them to come watch. While this is a big thing to some it really is not to most. There has been around 40,000 murders around the globe since these occurred. People's memories are short as is the press.How many people are still glued to the missing Malaysian Airline news and the 250 people missing on it?

As for tourism, this will not have any measurable impact and actually will probably increase tourism to Koh Tao in the coming years as it put it on the map and made people aware of it who otherwise might not have.

You are one sick individual.

If so, the sickness comes from fact. As emotional and even traumatic for some as this case is, it will be forgotten to the masses in a relatively short time.

This is human nature; if people were to remember all the tragedies that happen in this world, there would not be enough asylums to house them all.

• Like 2

No matter what is said, they will hear what they want. And what they want is anything they can use or twist to help them handle their feelings of inferiority in Thailand by putting on a false sense of superiority towards in Thailand with more money and power than them actually pretty much anyone in Thailand down to the much more financially challenged Thai who as an example get to pay a couple dollars less to go to places like their own State Parks.

What seems clear in many of these folks posts is that they are not motivated by a desire to see justice for the victims but rather to display and promote an anger towards Thailand and a desire to see Thailand suffer.

It is as a clear cut case they got the right people in this case as it was for the train rapist murderer of the young girl .... initially suspects wrong, over looked the right person, conflicting stories in the press, confession, DNA match, friend's testimony and so on. But didn't see anyone then suggesting sending money to the suspect as I have seen with this case. They don't want to see justice, they want to see Thailand be proved wrong to help themselves feel good.

B$L%S41T. You are out of touch with reality. This is not about Thailand being wrong this is about a cover up of the real killers.

Was somebody else seen by numerous people near the murder scene at the time as well as captured on video who confessed to the crime and whose DNA matched and who had a victim's belonging located at their residence?

And I never said it was about Thailand ... but clearly to some posters it is about their need and desire to see Thailand look bad. You only need to read their posts to see this.

Go to CSI LA on facebook (you may have heard of facebook). Notice how it's 95% thai people there .. and they are many.. and they think the real killers are protected by police and mafia.

They also believe everything that is written there as well, substantiated or not......................wink.png

He also told reporters that Cameron expected the British public to "take some more time to understand this matter".

How about "it will take some time before Thai authorities understands that this will not go away and the UK is watching and ............. judging"

Actually this will go away regardless of the outcome and big deal the UK is watching (a lot less than you think), looks like Thailand invited them to come watch. While this is a big thing to some it really is not to most. There has been around 40,000 murders around the globe since these occurred. People's memories are short as is the press.How many people are still glued to the missing Malaysian Airline news and the 250 people missing on it?

As for tourism, this will not have any measurable impact and actually will probably increase tourism to Koh Tao in the coming years as it put it on the map and made people aware of it who otherwise might not have.

You are one sick individual.

And you add nothing of value. He is right. This will be forgotten. And there's no such thing as bad publicity.. A year from now or sooner people will just remember the name Koh Tao and think "holidayy!!"" smile.png Sad but true...

Unless of course another similar rape murder occur on KT. Then what?

• Like 1

JTJ lives in his own little "Fantasy Thai Land" where there are no corrupt Thai cops, who happen to be some of the "smartest and best trained" in the world. If they (RTP) say it, then it just has to be true, as they would never lie about anything, and heaven knows they would never, ever, even consider framing someone for something.

So, you have to forgive him, and ignore him, which is the best thing to do.

Is there anything you post as fat that you get right or do you just always spout out fantasy you want to believe as fact?

I have no doubt corruption exists in Thailand. In fact it exists everywhere and almost always to a much more severe degree in less developed countries. Never insinuated that Thai police or any police for that matter do not lie and have stated the opposite and have stated the press get things wrong especially when words are being translated and that there have been idiot officials making statements they shouldn't be based on personal thoughts and feelings.

Basically everything you are saying is nonfactual and doesn't even have a foundation to make such assumptions let alone state as fact .... pretty much what conspiracy folks need to do in order to keep their fantasy conspiracy theories alive.

• Like 2

I hope, for the British cops sake, that they will be allowed to carry weapons.

As a rule of thumb, British cops don't carry in the normal course of their duties.

Why would they want to carry a weapon whilst on holiday?

some people are dense. the British police are not coming on "holiday". now go back to sleep.

The only place that British police have jurisdiction is in Britain. They have no legal authority at all in Thailand.

Imagine the hoo haa if a Thai was murdered in the UK and the Thai government expected expected the UK to surrender all legal authority to a couple of visiting members of the RTP.

That has never been in dispute. However, there is a substantial difference between "observing" and being given access to the RTP investigation and being supplied with answers. There are many instances whereby a foreign police service has worked in co-operation and assistance with the host police e.g. (UK) McCann in Spain, (AUS) Indonesian atrocities in East Timor, etc etc.

Should a Thai national suffer a similar fate in the UK one can be assured that the British police would have solved the case by now, supplied the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) with a brief of evidence and NOT be hasty to carry out a trial by media as is the case in Thailand. It is aso worth noting that in most western countries the Forensic Services are independent of the police.

Cameron could save the British taxpayer a lot of money if he gets rid of the staff in his press office as they are not needed, he's got the Thai PM to speak for him.

This arrogance and breach of diplomatic protocol really needs to be shot down. I know Thais don't care what foreigners think about them and adverse comments would not be published here but there's always more than one way.

The Thai government needs to be called on their unauthorised comments in no uncertain manner and, for example, a travel advisory which goes beyond the usual notice of martial law etc but actually warns travellers their diplomatic representatives may not be able to help them because of restrictions and so on from the ' host ' government.

This would be passed on to the EU and picked up by other countries who may just follow suit. Nothing will scare LoS more than the loss of tourist revenue.

I think it is all a ploy to win over the Thai people. My wife says the whole world loves the general. I told her that it is not true and she is sucking up the propaganda. He is treating the Thai's like mushrooms.

That is not what my wife says. She don't like him, and neither do a lot of Thais i know.

• Like 1

I said it in the other topic wait and see.. all the English were patting themselves on the chest while i said wait and see its not going to happen.

Guess i was right they were blinded by patriotism and forgot how it worked in Thailand, plus like others have said no country in the world wold let other countries do law enforcement on their turf. Observers no more. That is it.

You're acutely naive, acutely. They are NOT doing law enforcement at all. They are here to help and observe. They can not make an arrest which is what law enforcement is. There is thousands of cases around the world where the countries have helped each other in cases like this...thousands

Actually all those Brits are wrong with their huffing and puffing acting like they scored a victory.

These officers won't be able to do a thing they will be side lined no power nothing. Just a holiday for them. The moment they ask some inconvenient questions they will be stonewalled and its over.

This nothing, just watch.. not allowed to do their own investigation.

Lets wait and see who is right.. to bad betting is illegal here, id love to bet with all of you guys and say that the case stays the same and nothing will change.

*but If I am wrong and i would love to be wrong as it means something positive ill come back and make apologies*

• Like 2

Cameron could save the British taxpayer a lot of money if he gets rid of the staff in his press office as they are not needed, he's got the Thai PM to speak for him.

This arrogance and breach of diplomatic protocol really needs to be shot down. I know Thais don't care what foreigners think about them and adverse comments would not be published here but there's always more than one way.

The Thai government needs to be called on their unauthorised comments in no uncertain manner and, for example, a travel advisory which goes beyond the usual notice of martial law etc but actually warns travellers their diplomatic representatives may not be able to help them because of restrictions and so on from the ' host ' government.

This would be passed on to the EU and picked up by other countries who may just follow suit. Nothing will scare LoS more than the loss of tourist revenue.

I think it is all a ploy to win over the Thai people. My wife says the whole world loves the general. I told her that it is not true and she is sucking up the propaganda. He is treating the Thai's like mushrooms.

That is not what my wife says. She don't like him, and neither do a lot of Thais i know.

it more and more goes along the usual colour lines: brown/yellow - red

Well just as expected. I can't believe there some people here at TV actually believed something will change when they read yesterday's article of UK police coming to Thailand. Everything is already on rail track. This is just a political show to satisfy political interests for both sides. Just like every other incident happens in any part of the world, eventually people and media will lose interest and thing will quietly die down. Case closed.

This news report is very different from what has been published in the British press. The Thai PM appears to have put his own spin on the agreement, unsurprisingly.

This is probably not the good General's first trip abroad, however, it has probably been the first one were he hasn't been the one just sitting at the dining table wondering what to do with the knife and why they haven't brought him a spoon.

This time he has been momentarily in the spot-light, and found wanting. But of course, he is back on his own turf now and has donned the cloak of Thainess, and everything he says is gold.

Forgetting that he no longer only has to convince 60 million people, which is easy when they are all Thai, or used to be, and all the media are in your control, and social networking doesn't exist.

Now, 6 billion people are waiting, or should I say observing.

//edit/gotmeverbsmixedup.

Edited by Thaddeus

I can just see it all, mr Cameron meets MR pryuth, the nicieties first ageement and then when out of ear shot changing what was said to save face yet again

Uk prime minister for all his faults would NEVER agree with that the Thai justice was a fair and just just like most of the world,

it well known to currupt and its common knowledge

pryuth might be able to brow beat and hoodwink the Thai people i am sure the first world countries can see that also

if this is not delt with correctly and they try to hoodwink the UK (observers) cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif the world will know all about it from a highly respected police FORCE from the UNITED KINDOM OF GREAT BRITIANclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I love how pooyais love to speak on others behalf.

Its so ethical and honest.

I think with the 100,000 signatures on a petition in England, Cameron actually INVOLVED and the REQUEST for the English police to be involved...hmmm... I do not think this one is going to be brushed aside so fast even with THAINESS and a smile.

Same number of people signed a petition in the US to Obama to have Justin Bieber deported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/deport-justin-bieber_n_5176202.html

This is the official UK E-petition started by the same gent who started the Change.org petition. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/70308

Prayut said Cameron told him that he saw nothing wrong with the Thai justice system, but that many Britons had suspicions about the police investigation.

Isn't that whats called a 'contradiction'

Apparently Cameron's comment, "shambolic investigation" was lost in translation.

• Like 1

Actually all those Brits are wrong with their huffing and puffing acting like they scored a victory.

These officers won't be able to do a thing they will be side lined no power nothing. Just a holiday for them. The moment they ask some inconvenient questions they will be stonewalled and its over.

This nothing, just watch.. not allowed to do their own investigation.

Lets wait and see who is right.. to bad betting is illegal here, id love to bet with all of you guys and say that the case stays the same and nothing will change.

*but If I am wrong and i would love to be wrong as it means something positive ill come back and make apologies*

Yes, I agree that they will be stonewalled.... But they will let the world know or at least the UK government that they are being stonewalled and provide information regarding the areas which are being covered up. If you think they will be drinking beer, having a laugh and siding with the RTP I think you are mistaken.

I think with the 100,000 signatures on a petition in England, Cameron actually INVOLVED and the REQUEST for the English police to be involved...hmmm... I do not think this one is going to be brushed aside so fast even with THAINESS and a smile.

Same number of people signed a petition in the US to Obama to have Justin Bieber deported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/deport-justin-bieber_n_5176202.html

1. United States of America is Not The United Kingdom (google those countries and add the words "Global Map)

2. Sensible people know these petitions are taken on merit.

Edited by Franky Bear