Prayut's approval rating rises to 93.3 per cent

Lite Beer

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

File this poll with all the last siege of TRT-PPP-PTP polls and TAT numbers and pronouncements.

Circular file. People being seen doing their job to create a result.

That said, Thais love a good facade over the bad parts and while they know the bad exists,

not having it apparent takes pride of place. But also Thais hate controversy and conflict,

so there is no surprise, no matter how it came about, that no street riots, reduced political hatcheting,

and relative calm, fits how they want to see their lives. For most, martial law doesn't really affect them.

So compared to the last few years it is a period of calm where life goes on.

That no doubt contributes to a percentage of popularity as they wait for democracy to return.

Mean while they vote for local government and the bottom rungs of the feudal system continues

as it has for centuries in the culture, no matter what titular government was papered over the kow tow.

Edited by animatic

...The Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association

Proving to me once and for all that the Nation's editorial policy. A rather blunt: citing those statistics and not providing information on the methodoligy & Source. I can appreciate the business decision but having watched publishers navigate similar issues in Mainland China, the better choice is simply NOT to report it either way. Then again those publishers in the PRC didn't try to be a newspaper...

As to the source, they could learn from the USA, the name should have "institute" and maybe "statistical studies" or somethign as part of its name...

Bahahahahaha.......

Maybe if he plays his cards right, he can get to 99.99% just like Kim Jung Un.

Wait until martial law is lifted and people are no longer afraid to read 1984, eat a sandwich in public, or flash the Hunger Games salute......the we will discover his true approval ratings.

All media sources that I read and hear (Bangkok Post, NPR, BBC, CNN, etc) would suggest 93.3% is indeed a Kim Jung Un joke. The real approval rating would be closer to PDRC supporters overall percentage in Thai society,...which I believe is very much in the minority.

As someone who lives in north Thailand, the pollsters for Prayuth, the Man Behind the Yellow Curtain, obviously include 93.3% Yellow Shirts in their poll.

• Like 1

I know my vote is worthless as I am farang and not allowed to vote but I would guess in the farang resident's votes his approval would be close to 98% and I am one of the 98%.

Lol, keep telling yourself that. And even if you were correct, all that would do is highlight the stupidity of the average foreigner here. Edited by inbangkok
  • Like 2

Suthep let the cat out of the bag at the weekend. The Bangkok Post with the headline “Suthep in talks with Prayuth ‘since 2010’”

Mr Suthep broke his silence at a fund-raising dinner on Saturday night at the Pacific Club in Bangkok.

He said he chats regularly to Gen Prayuth and his team via the Line chat app.

Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me ‘Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It’s now the duty of the army to take over the task’, ” Mr Suthep said.

He had consulted Gen Prayuth since the 2010 political unrest on how to root out the so-called Thaksin regime and join hands to reform the country, fight corruption and dissolve colour-coded politics that divided Thais.

That is not a fact, it's something he said according to the BP. Do you believe the BP? Did you believe everything Suthep said? Did you believe that Supthep was ever going to be the next PM? He said he had no interest in the position here were posting it as fact with lots of references to Hitler an Mussolini. You have a lot of enthusiasm and passion... That's a good thing, but your're only preaching to the choir and not winning any converts.

It was reported in the Bangkok Post, not because he allegedly said it, but because he did say it. It was at a celebration dinner attended by many people. There is no question as to whether he said it. Pull your head out of the ground son.

All anyone has to do is look at the name of the polling "organization" to know that this is all a laugh.

• Like 1

Bahahahahaha.......

Wait until martial law is lifted and people are no longer afraid to read 1984, eat a sandwich in public, or flash the Hunger Games salute......the we will discover his true approval ratings.

All media sources that I read and hear (Bangkok Post, NPR, BBC, CNN, etc) would suggest 93.3% is indeed a Kim Jung Un joke. The real approval rating would be closer to PDRC supporters overall percentage in Thai society,...which I believe is very much in the minority.

As someone who lives in north Thailand, the pollsters for Prayuth, the Man Behind the Yellow Curtain, obviously include 93.3% Yellow Shirts in their poll.

Keep spewing it out, keep believing it.

When Yinglucks popularity at the polls was waning, the polls were "fixed" These polls are up and still a fix----?? amazing.

I know my vote is worthless as I am farang and not allowed to vote but I would guess in the farang resident's votes his approval would be close to 98% and I am one of the 98%.

you jest! and as you rightly say your vote is worthless and so is this support of a dictatorship - go tell this to the democracy fighters in HK, Myanmar or Tibet

that farang in Thailand support an anti-democratic government that bans elections go speak for yourself not 98% of farang

(from the desk of the 2%)

You forgot Zimbabwe---Nth Korea-Syria- You don't like it because he is not doing bad for a ( dictatorship as you put it )......Oh for true democratic rule---PTP style-----impeccable governing--transparent--open and above board. We love elections in Thailand they always stand for good governance---never any Problems when democratically elected. ?????????

Do not have reforms---let the voters make a hash of the country. ????

Lol, keep telling yourself that. And even if you were correct, all that would do is highlight the stupidity of the average foreigner here.

Amongst the 98% are the stupid foreigners here, who are with the army/government in general------but they are stupid because they were not elected--therefore it is a dictatorship.

Not forgetting how many were so stupid to back Thaksin/PTP/red shirts. Look what they did democratically. ??? What good did Thai democracy do in their 3 years.???

Sometimes I cannot decern whether you all are being serious or just taking the p*ss. Westerns who believe in a coup and a military government? I would love to know what tangible positive results have come about since the military TOOK power? Where do you people come from ?

I am NOT part of the 98% . All of this has forced me to look outside of Thailand for future projects.

• Like 2

Sometimes I cannot decern whether you all are being serious or just taking the p*ss. Westerns who believe in a coup and a military government? I would love to know what tangible positive results have come about since the military TOOK power? Where do you people come from ?

I am NOT part of the 98% . All of this has forced me to look outside of Thailand for future projects.

What tangible positive results came about in 3 years of PTP democratically elected government ??? you started it mate so put into words how good democracy was then under Yingluck ??

Suppose in your mind if it was democratically elected it is fine even if it was not democratically governed----

North Korea rumoured to be sending a fact finding team to Thailand in order to improve their independent polling skills.

Kim Jung Un got a 99% approval rating in the labor camps. Would have gotten 100% , but 1% died while the vote was being taken.

North Korea rumoured to be sending a fact finding team to Thailand in order to improve their independent polling skills.

Kim Jung Un got a 99% approval rating in the labor camps. Would have gotten 100% , but 1% died while the vote was being taken.

Pathetic comparison. Pity you guys have nothing better to say. Sheeple.

Bahahahahaha.......

You never know, if the popularity stays so high and the country continues to do well and be happy, Martial Law might not be lifted. wink.png

• Like 1

What tangible positive results came about in 3 years of PTP democratically elected government ??? you started it mate so put into words how good democracy was then under Yingluck ??

Suppose in your mind if it was democratically elected it is fine even if it was not democratically governed----

Then they get voted out or they do not. It is really up to the voters in Thailand to decide. Can't stand the way people vote in my own country, but it is their vote. So you are against the average Thai person having the right to choose who the wish ?

The good was that there were not as many barriers in doing business as there are now.

Agree in principle, BUT Thailand had to be stabilized after PTP---put on the correct track so democracy can take place---it's NOT JUST about a vote.

PTP demonstrated NON democratic governing--although elected---Think about it ???

Then they get voted out or they do not. It is really up to the voters in Thailand to decide. Can't stand the way people vote in my own country, but it is their vote. So you are against the average Thai person having the right to choose who the wish ?

The good was that there were not as many barriers in doing business as there are now.

Agree in principle, BUT Thailand had to be stabilized after PTP---put on the correct track so democracy can take place---it's NOT JUST about a vote.

PTP demonstrated NON democratic governing--although elected---Think about it ???

still spouting nonsense based on a lack of knowledge of what was happening in Thailand.....why not try to get up to speed rather than churn out the sane inaccurate rubbish time and again?

NO it's your lack of truth that is the problem--denial. PTP democratic-??? want to return to it ??? Stabilize anything before you fight it.---the only way to go---if you deny this you deny anything.

Who really wants an army to run a country---very few. BUT it has to do here for now thanks to PTP.

still spouting nonsense based on a lack of knowledge of what was happening in Thailand.....why not try to get up to speed rather than churn out the sane inaccurate rubbish time and again?

NO it's your lack of truth that is the problem--denial. PTP democratic-??? want to return to it ??? Stabilize anything before you fight it.---the only way to go---if you deny this you deny anything.

Who really wants an army to run a country---very few. BUT it has to do here for now thanks to PTP.

I can hardly believe it - you are STILL making incorrect assumptions - I think of ALL the posters on this topic you show the greatest lack of understanding of ANY aspect of the current situation and it's immediate or long term causes - your ability to serve up completely erroneous comment is perhaps your greatest - and only - virtue

• Like 2

Bahahahahaha.......

When Yinglucks popularity at the polls was waning, the polls were "fixed" These polls are up and still a fix----?? amazing.

I don't recall anyone writing that Yingluck's polls were fixed. Perhaps you could provide an example. But even if they did, that means people thought polls were wrong then and think that this poll (actually a survey of 608 'community leaders') is also wrong.

I guess you're stating that people are consistent, and you find that amazing.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

Bahahahahaha.......

I don't recall anyone writing that Yingluck's polls were fixed. Perhaps you could provide an example.

Miss read did we------when Yinglucks popularity was on the wane----apologists were saying the polls were incorrect remember. ????

Now the polls are saying the PM is extremely popular---and the apologists come out with Nth Korea----compare----you anti army people are a joke, Most of this joke clan started------All for PTP----then---anti Suthep---then anti Dems----ant courts---anti EC---anti ??? and now anti Army and anti PM. Who will this lot oppose next ??? pro democracy-BUT tolerated Yingluck, who ran an undemocratic government.

And you sheeple have the nerve to slag TVF posters for wanting a better Thailand.---even if the army have to sort it.

Miss read did we------when Yinglucks popularity was on the wane----apologists were saying the polls were incorrect remember. ????

Now the polls are saying the PM is extremely popular---and the apologists come out with Nth Korea----compare----you anti army people are a joke, Most of this joke clan started------All for PTP----then---anti Suthep---then anti Dems----ant courts---anti EC---anti ??? and now anti Army and anti PM. Who will this lot oppose next ??? pro democracy-BUT tolerated Yingluck, who ran an undemocratic government.

And you sheeple have the nerve to slag TVF posters for wanting a better Thailand.---even if the army have to sort it.

"Miss read did we------when Yinglucks popularity was on the wane----apologists were saying the polls were incorrect remember. ????"

No. Once again, can you provide an example?

"And you sheeple have the nerve to slag TVF posters for wanting a better Thailand.---even if the army have to sort it."

Actually we're amazed that anyone would believe that the army will make Thailand better. Face the facts, the army can't even generate credible propaganda.

Provide your own examples--lazy.

You have a short memory when in mid term and Yinglucks BKK FLOODS was at boiling point, the polls showed her on the downward path---you deny this, ?? when this happened the Followers were saying the polls were conducted in the south for example. You do not remember conveniently.