What was in the most recent SANDWICH you ate in Thailand?

Jingthing

10 mins ago,

Sliced Pepper Ham (from Rimping) in white unsalted bread, I made after lunch (still warm, no butter).

It was good!

So good, I'm gonna make another right now.

I eat more sandwiches in Thailand because the bread I make is so tasty.

Back home I was too lazy (and busy) to bake bread, so less temptation.

I agree, good bread is the most difficult thing in a good sandwich.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whole wheat bread with a thin spreading of Vitalite, cheddar cheese thinly cut with silverskin pickled onions also sliced thinly on top.

Or at least this is what I will be having in 3 hours time thumbsup.gif

Not quite an official Ploughmans sandwich but close enough thumbsup.gif

Nom nom nom laugh.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by jambco984
  • Like 1

Steamed chicken breast,seasoned and sliced with lettuce/tomatoes,cucumber, drissle of mayo on wholewheat bread.

You're a lean mean rat Roland!

I go with that. My heart doctor told me to slim down and out went the sandwiches with sausage, meatballs and salami and in with chicken breast and pork tenderloin.

• Like 1

well...I'se at home now in Suphan wid my usual canned hummous and arabic bread from saudi (wid a kilo ob lemons to boot) and I also found some canned frijoles at the Tamimi supermarket in Al Hofuf (canned frijoles in de middle ob de arabian desert?) where I was staying looking after some plant installation and embedded wid de shias who are busy fighting sunni jihadis...

just wrap dat arabic bread around de hummous and (separately with) de canned frijoles an' I ain't doin' too bad...

de little niece who is now not so little as a 12 y.o. lolita wid legs up to here: 'yew still eatin' dat stuff, uncle tutsi?...ick!...'

can't tell dem kids nothin'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 3 weeks later...

Love sandwiches...hate sandwiches in Thailand...so I've gone mostly to making my own. My last sandwich...a couple days ago...sliced sour-french from Best Market...100 grams of lean Virginia ham from Foodland...two slices of white cheddar cheese also from Foodland...mayo and dijon mustard on the bread...slap on the ham and cheese...into the toaster oven it goes on grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese soft and melted...remove and add a fistfull of organic rocket from Foodland...pick-up with hand...shove in mouth!

Almost as good as a grilled ham and cheese from "home."