Manchester City

mrbojangles

The Smiths would have been more appropriate- Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now ?
They already have a City song, why don't you play it instead of the Beatles? Written by local Manchester boys.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

There were a lot of Liverpool fans ejected from City seats, and a few minor punch ons with some of those ejected. 

heard a lad phone into radio 5 about that supposed "neutral" area that some city fan had taken liverpool fan friends into with him, by that tunnel nonsense of theirs. apparently a few city fans in the proper home section were kicking off at them so the stewards re-housed the liverpool fans elsewhere. whose idea was a <deleted> "neutral" section? clowns.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Keep it coming boys, it's been a looooong while since you've had a good time on here.

We'll have the last laugh BB. With all this grief we're getting, it only leaves me with wanting Southampton to win the FA Cup :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

They already have a City song, why don't you play it instead of the Beatles? Written by local Manchester boys.

MrBj you go to the Etihad more than me these days I think, but don't we play the old City song AFTER the game? Pretty sure we do.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

This morning has been horrible at work. If anymore "Liverpool" fans come out of the woodwork I'm gonna kick off. Never even knew half of them liked football never mind "supported" Liverpool

I was working in Vietnam for a while, everybody at work knew that I'm THE CITY FAN, rarely anybody mentioned it when we were winning but as soon as we lost the first game of the season (Liverpool was it?) then come Monday morning everybody made a beeline to my desk including women I'd didn't know even liked football.  After that I made a point of finding out who supported who and going visiting them when they lost. Touche!  :smile:

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We'll have the last laugh BB. With all this grief we're getting, it only leaves me with wanting Southampton to win the FA Cup :laugh:

Take it as a compliment that we've arrived. Back in 2008 when the Sheik bought us, everybody was skeptical and critical that liccle old citeh could ever reach the top table. They said we couldn't. Proved them wrong with the best Premier league positions of any team over the past decade. Instead of us feeding off scraps in the derby the boot is now on t'other foot. And they all know it!:post-4641-1156694572:

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

2 perfectly good goals WRONGLY disallowed, only cements my stance on VAR Ronnie. Those bad decisions will never, ever, ever even themselves out

As the ball clearly rebounded off Milner last night mate, I doubt VAR would have helped you! The decision was the correct one.

DafMuwrWAAEZFQK.jpg

1 minute ago, wilai said:

As the ball clearly rebounded off Milner last night mate, I doubt VAR would have helped you! The decision was the correct one.

DafMuwrWAAEZFQK.jpg

Oh dear, I had a look it this last night also, but left it. 

Wilai has entered the room and smashed a 10 pound can a worms on the table. 

While we are at it, the first goal was a foul on Virgil, twice ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

heard a lad phone into radio 5 about that supposed "neutral" area that some city fan had taken liverpool fan friends into with him, by that tunnel nonsense of theirs. apparently a few city fans in the proper home section were kicking off at them so the stewards re-housed the liverpool fans elsewhere. whose idea was a <deleted> "neutral" section? clowns.

All a bit confusing this.

Its a CL QF so if this was Spurs at Wembley it would be one ticket each season ticket holder then one each for the member tiers until all sold out which believe me it would quickly.

Nothing for general sale at all.

Is that not the case at City?

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All a bit confusing this.

Its a CL QF so if this was Spurs at Wembley it would be one ticket each season ticket holder then one each for the member tiers until all sold out which believe me it would quickly.

Nothing for general sale at all.

Is that not the case at City?

At the time, there were a number of comments on Twatter and various forums stating tickets had gone on general sale (for 1 day only I think) as City's season ticket holders/members had not taken up their full allocation. Was the cause of much mirth on a number of sites. Looks like LFC fans managed to get some of these:biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

At the time, there were a number of comments on Twatter and various forums stating tickets had gone on general sale (for 1 day only I think) as City's season ticket holders/members had not taken up their full allocation. Was the cause of much mirth on a number of sites. Looks like LFC fans managed to get some of these:biggrin:

Haha incredible!

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd be interested to know if ticket prices rocketed for this tie...maybe that put off the moss side massive. :spamsign:

There was no putting off the moss side massive; It was a sellout. Not sure how the Liverpublicans got their tickets.

2 hours ago, wilai said:

DafMuwrWAAEZFQK.jpg

Sorry buddy, you have interpreted it wrong. It is all down to where Sane was when KdB (the last City player to touch the ball) crossed the ball in. Sane was on side at that point. This explanation is far better than I could write

First of all, to clear up a simpler issue, while many have pointed out that Sane was level with the last man – in this case Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – as the ball fell to him, a quick consultation of the FA’s Laws of the Game tells us that “a player is in an offside position if any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.” In other words, being level with the last man in this case is irrelevant as the second-last opponent was further forward.

So, we come back to Milner. When Kevin De Bruyne played the long ball forward which eventually resulted in Sane slotting home, Sane was not offside and in fact made a lightning-quick run from deep. Both Virgil van Dijk and Loris Karius went to clear the ball, with the latter getting a punch on it which went not – as some have suggested – to Gabriel Jesus, but to Milner instead. In a somewhat ambiguous movement, Milner then managed to send the ball straight to Sane for what City thought was their second goal. According to the Laws of the Game “a player is in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a teammate”, meaning that we should be judging the offside from when Kevin De Bruyne played the ball given that he was the last City player to touch it.

While many have posited that the referee and the linesman thought Jesus had played the final ball to Sane, only they can say whether that came into their reasoning. Some have suggested that Milner’s touch was unintentional and hence Sane was “gaining an advantage when the ball has rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent”, a sub-clause of the offside rule. That doesn’t change the fact that – with De Bruyne’s long ball the last touch from a City player – Sane should have been judged from the moment De Bruyne’s pass was played as opposed to when the ball fell to him in the box.

That brings us to the conclusion that the decision was quite clearly a mistake. Sane was not offside, the goal should have stood and Guardiola has every right to feel aggrieved, even if he laid it on a bit thick during and after the match.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

We went through this last week. The tickets went on sale in tranches for members with different points. Most points first and then released to those with lesser points and so on. Some scrote must have got some and given them to a Liverpool mate. I've been to OT and Anfield loads of times and sat in home seats. Bit scary mind

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry buddy, you have interpreted it wrong. It is all down to where Sane was when KdB (the last City player to touch the ball) crossed the ball in. Sane was on side at that point. This explanation is far better than I could write

Simples!

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We went through this last week. The tickets went on sale in tranches for members with different points. Most points first and then released to those with lesser points and so on. Some scrote must have got some and given them to a Liverpool mate. I've been to OT and Anfield loads of times and sat in home seats. Bit scary mind

How can some scrote get SOME tickets?

Its strictly one each for these games at Spurs...can't be different at City surely?

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It is clearly explained in the FA Rules Mr BJ. The explanation you've quoted is a load of bull I'm afraid

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Some have suggested that Milner’s touch was unintentional and hence Sane was “gaining an advantage when the ball has rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent”, a sub-clause of the offside rule.

Whether it is a sub-clause or not it is a rule and therefore Sane was offside. Sorry mate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That 'scrote' had a lot of LFC mates:clap2:

Dac1vdtWAAIATxV.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

It is clearly explained in the FA Rules Mr BJ. The explanation you've quoted is a load of bull I'm afraid

Whether it is a sub-clause or not it is a rule and therefore Sane was offside. Sorry mate.

Sorry mate, firstly it's not a "rule" but a "law" and secondly it is down to where Sane was when KdB (the last City player to touch the ball) crossed the ball. Sane was onside and you can't squirm out of it. Several referee's and even Stevie G have admitted it.