Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just about to kick off. Hope I am proved wrong, but <deleted>!!!!!!!

Benjani playing, surely cannot be fit.

Vassell and Gelson!!!!!!

Surely Hamann and Evans would have been better.

I am losing patience with Hughes' selections.

As I say, I hope this comes back to haunt me and we win 3-0 :o

Nice one Sparky!

Another smart decision playing another injured player.

Now we are coming upto the busy Christmas period without both Robinho and Benjani.!!!!!

You do not go playing players within a few days of them doing a hamstring.

Once again we look totally devoid of ideas.

I am not one to get on the back of managers, in the past I have only advocated sacking 1 manager, that being Alan Ball, but I am telling you Hughes has to go ASAP. We have got as big a chance as we have ever had with all this money behind us. We will win SFA with Hughes in charge. He is a f@@@@@@@ idiot

Nice one Sparky!

Another smart decision playing another injured player.

Now we are coming upto the busy Christmas period without both Robinho and Benjani.!!!!!

You do not go playing players within a few days of them doing a hamstring.

Once again we look totally devoid of ideas.

I am not one to get on the back of managers, in the past I have only advocated sacking 1 manager, that being Alan Ball, but I am telling you Hughes has to go ASAP. We have got as big a chance as we have ever had with all this money behind us. We will win SFA with Hughes in charge. He is a f@@@@@@@ idiot

Fekkin clueless. Sack the <deleted> lot of em :o

No guts, no style, no idea. Were has it all gone.

I hear Mancity are going to buy the above back in January, just got to trade their soul in to get it.

Either 1) Rewrite your comment when you have sobered up OR

2) Provide English translation of what you are trying to say. :D

I am not one to get on the back of managers, in the past I have only advocated sacking 1 manager, that being Alan Ball, but I am telling you Hughes has to go ASAP. We have got as big a chance as we have ever had with all this money behind us. We will win SFA with Hughes in charge. He is a f@@@@@@@ idiot[/i]

I imagine certain Arab gentlemen must be having grave doubts about the wisdom of allowing the current management a hand in the spending of their money.

Like you, I believe new managers should be given reasonable time to build and develop but that should be dependent on signs of progress. Unfortunately, all we have seen this season has been a decline and lately that decline has been gaining momentum.

Would the arrival of a few big name players change matters? I have my doubts. Most new signings take a few weeks to settle in - even in a well-performing team - and City are getting into a situation where they can't afford many more weeks of staggering on like this.

I imagine certain Arab gentlemen must be having grave doubts about the wisdom of allowing the current management a hand in the spending of their money.

Like you, I believe new managers should be given reasonable time to build and develop but that should be dependent on signs of progress. Unfortunately, all we have seen this season has been a decline and lately that decline has been gaining momentum.

Would the arrival of a few big name players change matters? I have my doubts. Most new signings take a few weeks to settle in - even in a well-performing team - and City are getting into a situation where they can't afford many more weeks of staggering on like this.

Agreed,

Problem is that we are playing with seemingly no idea.

Defence is totally naive, admittedly a problem that Hughes inherited but he has done nothing to improve them as a unit.

Midfield is too lightweight, and not creative enough.

Up front we are too one dimensional.

We have got away with it when Robhino plays and is on song, but without him we are shown up.

West Brom havent scored for 3 years, yet they get 2 against City and really should have had more.

Hughes has to go IMHO

I hear Mancity are going to buy the above back in January, just got to trade their soul in to get it.

OK in simple terms as youve probably some Moss Side level education.

Your new owners will buy players with guts, style and lots of ideas, but youve had to sell the soul of your once well respected club, and are about to become the new Chelsea joke club that will push the knife further into the heart of football.

Well deserved win for West Brom though youve got to admit.

hughes built a decent team at blackburn by buying functional, hardworking players and moulding them into a unit. he's not going to be allowed to do that at city as the owners will want marquee players in who in all honesty will be going there solely for the money and not to be a part of a long-term plan. i'm worried for city at the minute.

Well im back in Vietnam and am here for good,no intention of ever returning to that shithole known as uk.Anyhow,im delighted to say there is a new satellite package in town which gives me the whole true visions package and thus all Prem matches,however,after watching that <deleted> last night im not sure if its a good thing!!Seriously though i have never seena team so down in confidence,no one appeared to want the ball and when they did get it wanted to get rid of it quick as possibile.NO creativity and if we jhhad,nt had SWP and Ireland on the park we would be an even bigerf laughing stock than we all-ready are today.Im still undecided about Hughes.Its all to easy to shout Hughes out but may i remind you this ius still pretty much Svens team and lets be honest the likes of Ball,Fernandes,Vassell,Benjani etc are not and never will be Pem players.Get this pile of shit out of City know and get in 1 quality striker another holding midfielder,a centre back and yes i would buck Richards out until he gets his attitude sorted out and stop believing his own hype.....

Fekkin clueless. Sack the <deleted> lot of em :D

OK in simple terms as youve probably some Moss Side level education.

Your new owners will buy players with guts, style and lots of ideas, but youve had to sell the soul of your once well respected club, and are about to become the new Chelsea joke club that will push the knife further into the heart of football.

Well deserved win for West Brom though youve got to admit.

You must know me, as I WAS educated at St Bedes Grammar School, just opposite Alexandra Park, in Whalley Range, next to Moss Side :D

As for the rest of your drivel, you are obviously jealous of our new found wealth :D

West Brom did deserve to win, having said that if City had played Accrington Stanley yesterday, they would have still got beat :o

I WAS educated at St Bedes Grammar School, just opposite Alexandra Park, in Whalley Range, next to Moss Side :o

Dont know it at all Grammar schoolboy, after MaineRoad games i couldnt wait to get out of them Manchester slums.

As for the rest of your drivel, you are obviously jealous of our new found wealth :D

Its not your wealth its that of the investors, Mancity are an average size club who could never generate money to buy Robinho's of this world ...............<deleted> to you id sooner come 4th bottom every year then be the New Chelsea.

Its not your wealth its that of the investors, Mancity are an average size club who could never generate money to buy Robinho's of this world ...............<deleted> to you id sooner come 4th bottom every year then be the New Chelsea.

and you're a newcastle fan right?

Newcastle couldnt generate enough money to buy Robinho for 30 million quid at this moment in time, only ManU and possibly Arsenal or Liverpool could.

Dont need the little money grabbing fcuker anyway seen how high we are in the league.

Newcastle couldnt generate enough money to buy Robinho for 30 million quid at this moment in time, only ManU and possibly Arsenal or Liverpool could.

Dont need the little money grabbing fcuker anyway seen how high we are in the league.

Seasons can change in a flash. Your'e only 4 points from the drop zone yourself and only 7 from bottom. Be careful of the gloating :o

I WAS educated at St Bedes Grammar School, just opposite Alexandra Park, in Whalley Range, next to Moss Side :o

Dont know it at all Grammar schoolboy, after MaineRoad games i couldnt wait to get out of them Manchester slums.

If you kept finishing 4th. bottom you'd soon get fed up with it.

Seasons can change in a flash. Your'e only 4 points from the drop zone yourself and only 7 from bottom. Be careful of the gloating :o

Youre right but im using the theory that there are a few teams worse then us as we arent looking to bad of late, Man City arent one of them.

Dont get me wrong i have respect for Man City fans, i even went to Man City v Sheff Wed many moons ago and it was nothing short of a fantastic day out...but if what we're led to believe is about to happen itll make you a circus show watched by event seekers and glory hunters....plus ticket prices will go through the roof.

Youre right but im using the theory that there are a few teams worse then us as we arent looking to bad of late, Man City arent one of them.

Dont get me wrong i have respect for Man City fans, i even went to Man City v Sheff Wed many moons ago and it was nothing short of a fantastic day out...but if what we're led to believe is about to happen itll make you a circus show watched by event seekers and glory hunters....plus ticket prices will go through the roof.

Your'e right about glory hunters but i can handle that. I have been a fan since my first match at 1 year old. We haven't won anything for 32 miserable years (as the Stretford end keeps reminding us). So i am willing to sell my soul to get some silverware and make them tear down that banner at Old T.

Your'e right about glory hunters but i can handle that. I have been a fan since my first match at 1 year old. We haven't won anything for 32 miserable years (as the Stretford end keeps reminding us). So i am willing to sell my soul to get some silverware and make them tear down that banner at Old T.

Its like child abuse taking a baby to Maine Road.

My Gran went to that game 32 yrs ago, i was 1 at the time! <deleted> all in almost 40 years for us, im hoping for 1 England trophy and 1 Newcastle trophy in my lifetime, and a competent boardroom.

If City do spend literally 100s of millions and take all the best players then maybe Uefa will bring in some laws to make it a fairer competition, as i cant see Man U, Real, Barca etc... standing for City taking the p7ss out of them for too long..............the only thing that is worse then these Billionaire chairman is the champions league which has made such a gap between the haves and have nots and is making a club like City having to rely on some Arabs for them to compete with small teams like Chelsea.

Edited by spiderman2

I post this here cause we all know this is where is will end up in the summer - maybe....

Jose plans Premier return

Former Chelsea boss reveals last-minute national team U-turn

Mourinho: England romance

I never hide. I am in love with the English game. I have to go back one day, for sure. I just love it.

Jose Mourinho

Quotes of the week

Inter Milan head coach Jose Mourinho has told Sky Sports News he plans to return to the Premier League, while the Portuguese revealed he will not consider managing an international side for another 15 years.

Mourinho enjoyed a hugely successful three years as Chelsea boss, lifting two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and also the Carling Cup on two occasions.

The 45-year-old took over at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in June this year and, while he has endured friction with the media, he has enjoyed success on the field with his side currently top of Serie A.

Mourinho, who is due to tackle Manchester United in the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League, has confessed his passion for England's top flight while confirming he will also look to manage in Spain.

He told Sky Sports News: "I never hide. I am in love with the English game. I have to go back one day, for sure. I just love it.

Hat-trick

"One of my ambitions is to win the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga. The three big championships in Europe.

"One day I will go back to England because I love it and one day I will go to Spain to win La Liga. But at the same time, I am really, really happy with Inter.

"I want to make Inter a better club. I am very, very happy with the way things have gone so far. It has been a new start to me.

"My team is almost like I used to call my Chelsea team in 2004/2005, a 'victory machine'. You always have a feeling you will win because the team is so strong."

Mourinho was strongly linked with the England job after former boss Steve McClaren was sacked from his role and he has admitted he came close to taking up the position before concluding that it was too early in his career to leave the domestic game.

He said: "I did it [turned down the role] because I wanted to be happy. To be happy I need to (work with the players every day).

U-turn

"I do miss playing every day during Christmas. So can you imagine me being a national team coach? Playing a game every month? Three weeks without a training session?

"I almost went but at the last moment I started to imagine my life... a suit every day, going to the office, travelling to stadiums. A national team has to wait 15 years for me. I have too much energy."

Mourinho also spoke of his difficulties with the Italian media, adding: "I cannot go to the press and say 'we didn't defend well'. I cannot say 'this player made a mistake'. I cannot do it.

"For me in the beginning it was a real moment of pressure, of disagreements. I was not happy to answer. I was tired. But I have to do my job.

"For one hour (after games) I have to speak with the press and I hate it, I really hate it. But I have to adapt due to the contractual situation. I will never enjoy it though."

Hughes needs the relegation system explained to him -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20996097/

Mark Hughes has described as "hysterical" the reaction to Manchester City's current plight and claimed they are not in a relegation battle - despite being third from bottom in the Premier League.

City have taken just five points from a possible 27 and are currently languishing in 18th place on 18 points - the same total at this stage of the season when they were relegated from the top flight in 2001.

Despite such a poor run, under-fire Hughes insisted City are not fighting for survival and claimed he has no fear of losing his job because he has the backing of the club's billionaire Arab owner Sheikh Mansour.

Asked if City were now in a relegation fight, Hughes said: "No, we don't accept that at all. We're in a situation that can be turned around very quickly and we certainly expect to do that.

"With the table as tight as it is this season, back-toback wins can move you up into the top-half of the table very quickly.

"The owners understand the situation here, despite how hysterical people seem to be at the moment." And Hull boss Phil Brown knows today will be a real challenge.

"Given the situation, I think Mark Hughes will be calling for a dogs-of-war attitude," he said.

"It's going to be more of a battle than a proper game of football."

hughes is right though to be fair. two wins from anyone and they're out of the relegation mire at the moment, plus any talk of relegation, or the title for that matter, after 18 games is kneejerk stupidity.

He's right in the fact 2 wins will get you out. But if we could string them together, we wouldn't be where we are now. The players need to perform and thinking "oh never mind it's not that bad" isn't the right attitude. IMO

2 wins gets you out but then 2 losses and youre right back in there, ive never seen the league table so close.

As for Hughes maybe we're never going to see if he is the potentially brilliant manager some were claiming as he is about to buy his way out of this position.

Bellamy is exactly the type of player id want in a relegation battle, but he's too injury prone and not good enough for a team allegedly expecting to be in the top 1 position.

Edited by spiderman2

See what happens when you get some money, now you are supposed to be in the hunt for Michael Owen as well as the previously reported Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy, etc., etc.

Read more here from today's Telegraph :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...l-Owen-bid.html

..but then again we don't believe all we read do we..........?... :o