Manchester City

mrbojangles

^Can't really comment on today mate, Was errrrr busy during the 1st half. Took his goal well (although defending was crap!)

Think you guys are giving him a hard time though. Last season's performances would be hard to repeat, and Pellegrini seems to be happy with him so looks ok in my book!

Not in my FPL team tho' (will leave that for the Chavs thread:D )

I don't think we're being too hard on him Wilai, particularly considering his "should I stay or should I go" attitude over the summer. We all know that he can pull goals out of the blue but I just want him to work harder and show a bit more passion.

milner is quality ,always had that opinion,workhorse and creative =versatile ,that can be a thorn in your side.he would've flourished at somewhere like everton where he would've been given a role/run in a position imo:(

We all appreciate the contribution and versatility Milner gives Kurt but we have good players in every position and rotation has to come into play.

milner is quality ,always had that opinion,workhorse and creative =versatile ,that can be a thorn in your side.he would've flourished at somewhere like everton where he would've been given a role/run in a position imo:(

We all appreciate the contribution and versatility Milner gives Kurt but we have good players in every position and rotation has to come into play.

Yeah. Especially when you play Bayern Munich and Roma.

Pellegrino masterclass.

cheesy.gif

Pellegrino masterclass.

cheesy.gif

Yep, the same Pellegrini that won the Prem in his first go last year, unlike Mourinho's masterclass eh. Glass houses P45, glass houses. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Pellegrino masterclass.

cheesy.gif

Yep, the same Pellegrini that won the Prem in his first go last year, unlike Mourinho's masterclass eh. Glass houses P45, glass houses. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Mourinho did it in 2005 with a record 95 points. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He also took an average Portugese team to the Champions League Final and won it.

Never mind beating van Gaal's Bayern Munich in the 2010 Champions League Final with Inter-Milan.

And taking over from Pellegrino who got heaved out of Real Madrid.

Master Class.

Pellegrino is going to win the CL. You've got to get out of the group stage first.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Pellegrino masterclass.

cheesy.gif

Mourinho did it in 2005 with a record 95 points. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He also took an average Portugese team to the Champions League Final and won it.

Never mind beating van Gaal's Bayern Munich in the 2010 Champions League Final with Inter-Milan.

And taking over from Pellegrino who got heaved out of Real Madrid.

Master Class.

Pellegrino is going to win the CL. You've got to get out of the group stage first.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

All of that and yet Pellegrini still beat him in the prem last year. You really need to start reading what you write before you press "post"

As for the CL. Don't think you've seen a single post from a City fan that thinks we are going to win it.

Thought that was gonna be similar to last season with Villa doing a smash and grab. Credit to Villa though, they didn't park the bus and were going for it. Hard team to beat.

Yaya was frustrating again today but pulled another important goal out of the bag. However, last season he would have just took that shot without thinking but today he was looking to pass and it was only because nobody was in a good position that he ended up taking it himself. Don't know if something is wrong in his head at the moment.

Good point.

We had a free kick in 2nd half in 'Yaya' territory.... couple of yard outside penalty area. Last year he knocked in 4 or 5 that I can remember from the exact same position and came close with several others.

Lat night he wasnt even around the ball...... left to Silva and Kolarov.

Lack of confidence or something else?

Thought that was gonna be similar to last season with Villa doing a smash and grab. Credit to Villa though, they didn't park the bus and were going for it. Hard team to beat.

Yaya was frustrating again today but pulled another important goal out of the bag. However, last season he would have just took that shot without thinking but today he was looking to pass and it was only because nobody was in a good position that he ended up taking it himself. Don't know if something is wrong in his head at the moment.

Good point.

We had a free kick in 2nd half in 'Yaya' territory.... couple of yard outside penalty area. Last year he knocked in 4 or 5 that I can remember from the exact same position and came close with several others.

We all said exactly the same about the free kicks jack. He was just totally missing from even offering to have a go. Something weird going on but whatever is going on, I hope he gets over it soon. A few are saying we are being hard on him but when you watch someone week-in, week-out you just know that he's either not playing as well as he could or something is wrong.

He's getting old.

Not in 6 months mjj.

Earlier this year he was ripping defences apart with his speed and strength.

He could also do a Pirler from a free kick.

The problem is in his head. Charming One needs to sort it. That's what managers do.

Edited by P45Mustang

Good point.

We all said exactly the same about the free kicks jack. He was just totally missing from even offering to have a go. Something weird going on but whatever is going on, I hope he gets over it soon. A few are saying we are being hard on him but when you watch someone week-in, week-out you just know that he's either not playing as well as he could or something is wrong.

I dont think we are being hard on him.

After the nonsense pre season and other stuff that has gone on over the last couple of years, he owes the fans big time, on the field.

He quite simply hasnt done that so far.

Good point.

I dont think we are being hard on him.

After the nonsense pre season and other stuff that has gone on over the last couple of years, he owes the fans big time, on the field.

He quite simply hasnt done that so far.

I think what he did over the summer lost his potential place as a City legend.

I have no doubt that with the commitment shown and loyalty to the club, Kompany, Silva, Zabba and Aguero will end up in the City Legends Hall of Fame. It's a shame Yaya can't act in the same professional manner as these do.

I have no doubt that with the commitment shown and loyalty to the club, Kompany, Silva, Zabba and Aguero will end up in the City Legends Hall of Fame.

That must be quite a small room then.

tongue.png

Granted, Colin Bell and Franny Lee weren't very tall but there are others biggrin.png