Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'll pop a bottle of bubbly when Dzeko leaves. For all of his heroics in years past he was miserable last season and earned his ticket out. I wish Jovetic would have worked out. Good kid but not enough between his ears.

I can't help but think that the reinforcements being brought in reflect Pellegrini's commitment to attacking football...at the risk of neglecting defensive issues. No LB replacement and no addressing concerns at centre-back. Pellegrini and management must think Kompany will be the Kompany of old and Mangala will improve, as well as Demi being forever young. Will they splurge for Otamendi ?

As far as LB, if Kolarov can play like he did the last few games last season that would be a big plus. Not likely to happen I suppose.

The old saying 'form is temporary, class is permanent'

Applies to both Kompany and Mangala.

Vinnie had a bad year last year, but you dont suddenly become a bad player overnight. Personally I put it down to his injuries and him not having recovered properly. He was making very un Kompany like challenges, I think down to him trying to protect his hammy.

Mangala, although we overpaid for him, is a very good player. It was his first season in the Premier league. He has to come on for that first season.

We have Demichelis who is ever dependable and Denayer who is a rising star. We dont need to waste money on a new CB. We are more than covered. Left back, yes because neither Clichy or Kolarov are good enough.

I hope you are right about the centre-back situation JnD !

'form is temporary class is permanent' JD!

I agree to a degree but injuries and age catch up with you and I think most city fans will agree that both are catching up with the once great Kompany he will not get any faster or fitter than he was at his best and yes your defence struggled last season. Jellydogs concerns are well justified and for me just like United you need an experienced quality centre half.

I like Kolarov but he will be exposed even more this season as Sterling will defo not put in the covering that Milner did.....in fact you will miss Milner more than you think.

As much as it hurts to agree with a red, great post, and one that shows that you know a little about us.

I think Kompany for several years was able to use his great strength and speed to overcome most situations, but maybe he's realising that that edge he had over opponents is reducing as he ages and his speed and mobility decreases. Maybe.

Kolorov ended last season well and 2 years ago he had a decent season but his lack of pace makes him vulnerable. Milner was brilliant at covering his fullback, right or left, and will be a huge loss.

Ps. Alfie Conn's comments about Milner show his lack knowledge of Milner's standing in our team, squad and with the City fans who really appreciated him. Good luck to you Jimmy!

Back to the original thread by MrRed on City's defense and Kompany and Kolorov in particular (before AlfieConn hijacked it with his comments on ex-City Milner and ex-Spurs Bale).

Not so good for the fans at the tour games to see some City 1st team players and kots of City youngsters, but I'm really pleased Pellegrini is taking these opportunities to watch our young lads alongside the established players with a view to who's ready to step up.

Vinnie had a bad year last year, but you dont suddenly become a bad player overnight. Personally I put it down to his injuries and him not having recovered properly. He was making very un Kompany like challenges, I think down to him trying to protect his hammy.

Mangala, although we overpaid for him, is a very good player. It was his first season in the Premier league. He has to come on for that first season.

We have Demichelis who is ever dependable and Denayer who is a rising star. We dont need to waste money on a new CB. We are more than covered. Left back, yes because neither Clichy or Kolarov are good enough.

I agree to a degree but injuries and age catch up with you and I think most city fans will agree that both are catching up with the once great Kompany he will not get any faster or fitter than he was at his best and yes your defence struggled last season. Jellydogs concerns are well justified and for me just like United you need an experienced quality centre half.

I like Kolarov but he will be exposed even more this season as Sterling will defo not put in the covering that Milner did.....in fact you will miss Milner more than you think.

As much as it hurts to agree with a red, great post, and one that shows that you know a little about us.

I think Kompany for several years was able to use his great strength and speed to overcome most situations, but maybe he's realising that that edge he had over opponents is reducing as he ages and his speed and mobility decreases. Maybe.

Kolorov ended last season well and 2 years ago he had a decent season but his lack of pace makes him vulnerable. Milner was brilliant at covering his fullback, right or left, and will be a huge loss.

Ps. Alfie Conn's comments about Milner show his lack knowledge of Milner's standing in our team, squad and with the City fans who really appreciated him. Good luck to you Jimmy!

Back to the original thread by MrRed on City's defense and Kompany and Kolorov in particular (before AlfieConn hijacked it with his comments on ex-City Milner and ex-Spurs Bale).

Not so good for the fans at the tour games to see some City 1st team players and kots of City youngsters, but I'm really pleased Pellegrini is taking these opportunities to watch our young lads alongside the established players with a view to who's ready to step up.

Hijacked cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif sorry but i thought this was an open forum.

Edited by alfieconn

Hijacked cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif sorry but i thought this was an open forum.

And back to the thread on City (not ex-City player).

And back to the thread on City (not ex-City player).

I take it that your directing that comment at red as he was the one who first mentioned him.

Ask Pellegrini

For me he is a very good footballer and a grafter to boot starts mean nothing in this day and age it is a squad game ....picking stats for an argument ....why dont you add the times he was used as a sub as well or cup matches?

keep up Alfie or you will be put back in the corner again facepalm.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif but don't you agree that the best players start a majority of games ?

I must admit iv'e missed your sh*t red biggrin.png

Fark me Alfredo!!

Think back when you splashed all the Bale cash and bought the magnificent seven that spent most of there time on the bench!

They were supposed to be the best players wasn't they or you wouldn't of wasted that big Bale of cash on them .....explain that one then if your so interested in playing or starting with the best players.

A gaggle of geese or a bench of bummers?

Leave our seven dwarves alone Snow White you effin pervert! :o

City lost 4v1 to Real Madrid in Melbourne. Delph carried off (hamstring?). City CBs combined age 35.

Man City: Hart, Sagna, Denayer, Humphreys, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Sterling.

Subs: Caballero, Wright, Horsfield, Clichy, Evans, Zuculini, Garcia, Lopes, Navas, Pozo, Unal, Roberts, Iheanacho, Barker, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Real Madrid: Navas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Subs: Arbeloa, Llorente, Nacho, Casemiro, Lucas Silva, Jese, Danilo, Cheryshev, Lucas Vazquez, Varane.

Sterling was booed ever time he got the ball, and off the park when he was replaced...did give me a chuckle

There must have been a Liverpool contingent there. Bit <deleted> childish in a friendly, to be honest Bob.

No...there are many thousands of lifelong Citeh fans out there. :D

Plenty Chelski ones too....even a few PSG ones too.

Not so many Spurs fans....but we have the most supporters in London funnily enough....closely followed by your noisy neighbours mrboj! :lol:

"but we have the most supporters in London funnily enough". I wouldn't know if that is fact or fiction, so where are the facts to prove your statement isn't <deleted>?

Guess it's NOT CORRECT then.

Ask Pellegrini

For me he is a very good footballer and a grafter to boot starts mean nothing in this day and age it is a squad game ....picking stats for an argument ....why dont you add the times he was used as a sub as well or cup matches?

keep up Alfie or you will be put back in the corner again facepalm.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif but don't you agree that the best players start a majority of games ?

I must admit iv'e missed your sh*t red biggrin.png

Milner would certainly be first picked if he'd joined your lot instead of the scousers! No shame in Milner not nailing down an automatic first pick position at City, all teams over the years have them, a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' and in Milner's favour he is the master Jack of all trades. Every club he's ever played for know and appreciate that, and red scousers will soon also appreciate that if they don't know it now. Think you're embarrassing yourself on this Milner crusade Alfie.

If you want to join in on this one Bred then at least answer the question, but don't you agree that the best players start a majority of games ?

Well for one he wouldn't be first pick in our team ! but anyway i must hold my hand and say iv'e completely got this my opinion of Milner all wrong, lets face it anyone who is better than Bale must be a great player cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif thats the same Bale who started 30 League games in a team who are a level above your mob.

Oh Alfie !!!!!!!!tongue.png

Bredbury its true...You don't need stats in London to know that...its simple fact.

More pre-season comedy gold.

cheesy.gif

Throw you a bone

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/2015/07/premier-league/study-confirms-arsenal-are-the-best-supported-club-in-london-overtaking-rivals-cheslea/

Oh you did not want to do that.

Chelsea proved to be dominant in Scotland, but Manchester City failed to register as anyone’s favourite club to watch.

biggrin.png

Bredbury its true...You don't need stats in London to know that...its simple fact.

More pre-season comedy gold.

cheesy.gif

Throw you a bone

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/2015/07/premier-league/study-confirms-arsenal-are-the-best-supported-club-in-london-overtaking-rivals-cheslea/

Oh you did not want to do that.

Chelsea proved to be dominant in Scotland, but Manchester City failed to register as anyones favourite club to watch.

biggrin.png

...except in Stockport ;-)

Kevin De Bruyne has been named Player of the Year in Germany after beating Arjen Robben and Manuel Neuer to the prize.De Bruyne, 24, was voted as the Bundesliga's top player by the nation's journalists after a stunning season to help Wolfsburg finish as runners-up to champions Bayern Munich.

Kevin De Bruyne has been named Player of the Year in Germany after beating Arjen Robben and Manuel Neuer to the prize.De Bruyne, 24, was voted as the Bundesliga's top player by the nation's journalists after a stunning season to help Wolfsburg finish as runners-up to champions Bayern Munich.

Shouldn't that be posted on the German Bundesliga thread facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Shouldn't that be posted on the German Bundesliga thread facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

What's the link to that?

There's another 10M on his price and 50K to his salary if City choose to pur-chase

Be interesting to see if he's got a release clause. Murray's showing his 'bitter side' over the one he let go i see, 'didnt like competition ' coarse competition completely new and totally unheard of to footballers.

rijit

Vietnam 1 v 8 City

Kolarov 11,51 (p),

Sterling 19, 31,

Silva 21, 65,

Lopes 73,

Pozo 78

Some good goals viewable at City's website.

Plenty of young uns featuring again.

I managed to watch it. Some good movement and passing from some of the young uns. I think it's time some of them where given a chance this year in the League Cup for instance.