Manchester City

mrbojangles

ARAB UNITED , used to be called man city .

has bought /brought , football players to the realms of prostitution .

loyality and pride for playing for a team ,

have long gone .

:jap:

Good post sir jap.gif

have long gone .

Good post sir jap.gif

In fairness to City this was the case long before their takeover.

I nearly threw up listening to Samir Nasri talking about how his decision had nothing to do with money. So footballers are so thick as to believe that joe public is even thicker than them! Except for the really bright Joey Bartin that is. :)

have long gone .

To enable us to compare our levels of degradation, prey tell what squeaky clean, high moralistic team you support.

FYI. We are still called Manchester City. It's only the stadium that has changed it's name to the Etihad stadium.

Tough draw me thinks in the Champions League, albeit i am just ecstatic at actually being in it. Bayern, Napoli and Villareal.

Tough draw for sure, but City are as good as these so it's not a major concern........I think their supporters might be worried about you.

I think they'll be more concerned at getting City than vice versa. There all tough though in the CL, lts face it. Although i see Utd did rather well in the draw.

Yeah I agree, the other teams won't be thinking the group is easy either. Should be a good contest.........I hope !!

As for United, it's the case every year. I must admit after seeing the complex way the draw is made, it's fixed to a certain extent anyway. Especially in the way that they ensure teams can't clash for TV audience reasons.

have long gone .

Good post sir jap.gif

Insert Yankees United and the rest of the post applies to your lot. ;)

RIVALS ON RUN FROM MANCINI http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/208251/Rivals-on-run-from-Mancini/

OWEN COYLE believes Manchester City have got the other Premier League big guns running scared.

Roberto Mancini unveiled £25million signing Samir Nasri on Friday, adding to City’s already powerful forwards.

Sergio Aguero also joined City in the summer and along with Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez – now looking like he is staying – will make the Blues’ rivals look over their shoulders nervously, according to Coyle.

Mancini’s men finished third last season and have made a great start to this campaign, winning both their opening games.

Now, Coyle (left) reckons the sides at the top of the table have got the jitters after City’s opening wins – and their latest spending surge.

Coyle, whose Bolton battlers were beaten by classy City last Sunday, said: “There is definitely envy. And you can ­understand it from ­supporters of other clubs.

“But the top sides, who have had it all their own way for a long time, are starting to get a bit edgy.

“City have always been a big club but are now backed by serious wealth.

“All of a sudden they are really moving through the gears.”

Now now! biggrin.gif Half a billion in a few years..........SAF never would waste the company's money like that,especially when you win a(singular) cup whistling.gif

I think Mancini has done a better job than SAF did in his first 5 years. Almost got the boot didn't he for not winning anything ;)

Almost....well that is a matter of opinion,who knows? the fact is he didn't did he and because he turned United into the club they are today by winning things.

Do you think Mancini will be given the same amount of time to win a league?

Mancini has done nothing mate and you know this,you or i could manage a team full of talent like you have now,,,,even Avram Grant could do it.

Wait until we start pulling away from you......oh and is Ballotelli that super kid playing today or is he going to Italy wink.gif

From a RAG to a BAG biggrin.gif

Almost....well that is a matter of opinion,who knows? the fact is he didn't did he and because he turned United into the club they are today by winning things.

Not an opinion. It's a fact and we all know it. However, I do have great respect for what he has achieved since then. I just thi nk your original post was a bit harsh. We have only really been pushing upwards for 2 years and so judging and comparing us to what you have already achieved is not a fair comparison. There is no doubt of your history but more inportantly is what does the future hold?

Mancini has done nothing mate and you know this,you or i could manage a team full of talent like you have now,,,,even Avram Grant could do it.

My jury is still out on Mancini as he is still really learning his trade and I have already admitted that several times. However, I feel he should be given time.

Yes i was harsh or still am on the subject of Mancini,It should be Cook that gets the boot he is the one who seems to be spending the money.

The last 3 or 4 managers at City needed time also,but never got it,massive pressure for someone so inexperienced at management.....its a shame we never beat you in the cup last year and put him out of his misery smile.gif

Still you will not win the league this year and the cups again are your best chance,the champions league will be interesting i have a feeling you will do really well in it this year maybe even the Semi-Finals wink.gif other than that ....Mancini has got no excuses now....what a squad of players nearly as good as Uniteds wink.gif

Still you will not win the league this year and the cups again are your best chance,the champions league will be interesting i have a feeling you will do really well in it this year maybe even the Semi-Finals wink.gif other than that ....Mancini has got no excuses now....what a squad of players nearly as good as Uniteds wink.gif

Who do think will win the title?

As for our chances. The squad is mouth watering at the moment and if they gel......to me, anything can happen. But it's too early for me or anyone to call.....except a RAG of course :lol:

Who do think will win the title?

As for our chances. The squad is mouth watering at the moment and if they gel......to me, anything can happen. But it's too early for me or anyone to call.....except a RAG of course :lol:

This RAG knows who will win the title(so does everyone else) laugh.gif and it will not be the BIB!

hink it could be close enough to make your two derbies very important indeed. The experience of the manger will help Utd but then again you have some very tough pro's like Kompany and Yaya Toure that have alot of backbone and will keep City mentally strong on the pitch.

Should be a really good season for some of us......:crying:

Edited by carmine

Mancini backs Dzeko to shine http://www.supersport.com/football/barclays-premier-league/news/110829/Mancini_backs_Dzeko_to_shine

Roberto Mancini believes Edin Dzeko's four-goal haul in the 5-1 victory over Tottenham is confirmation the Bosnia striker is now ready to make an impact on the Premier League.

Dzeko struggled last season, scoring twice in 15 league appearances following his £27 million move from Wolfsburg, but has now scored six in City's opening three league fixtures, and was also on target in the Community Shield defeat against Manchester United.

Mancini is delighted to see Dzeko finally show his quality and the Italian said: "I was sure that Dzeko could score a lot of goals here in the Premier League. He has scored always in his career, at every club where he has played."

Dzeko admitted he had taken time to settle but he feels comfortable in his new surroundings now.

"Last time I scored four goals was in Germany in a game against a Third Division side in the Cup," he said.

"To score four goals in the Premier League is fantastic. I always had a lot of confidence in myself. I wasn't 100 percent fit when I first came in January, but I feel better and stronger now."

City have won their opening three games, scoring twelve goals in the process and the introduction of Samir Nasri for his debut alongside Sergio Aguero, the scorer of City's other goal at White Hart Lane, confirmed they possess a potent threat.

Mancini was frustrated, however, that his side allowed Younes Kaboul to head a consolation for Tottenham and insisted it was too early to get carried away by City’s start.

"I'm disappointed only with the goal we conceded, only for this," he said. "We need to pay more attention in this situation.

"It was important we started the season well. The games coming up will be very hard and we won't score three or four in every game, this is impossible."

Spurs have now lost their opening two league games, conceding eight goals in the process and manager Harry Redknapp admitted the club has been through an unsettling time.

Luka Modric has been repeatedly linked with a move to Chelsea who are reported to be considering tabling a final £40 million offer before the transfer deadline on August 31.

And striker Peter Crouch has been touted for a switch to Stoke City.

Redknapp believes the uncertainty has done nothing to help his plans and revealed Modric approached him before the City game to ask to be left out, before the manager convinced the Croatia international to play.

"The game was disappointing, but I feel we've had a terrible pre-season," Redknapp said.

"There's been a feeling round the place, for me, it's not been right.

"People going, people wanting to go. Crouchy to Stoke in the papers every day and we have to play him.

"I don't know where that's come from. No one's ever told me that he's going to Stoke. It's all been a bit unsettling, but they're a good side.

"I played Luka today even though he came to see me before kick off and he told me he didn't feel his head was right. "I told him he needed to play. I had injuries in midfield. He's our main man. I needed him to play."

Redknapp believes Modric has been distracted by talk of a possible move but insisted the player will stay.

He said: "His head's been turned. It's probably been turned again last night. We all know what goes on in the game.

"Anyone who thinks he’s not being told what's going on is dreaming. Something happened last night, I don't know what.

He was ok to play yesterday morning."

Redknapp also confirmed Rafael van der Vaart left the pitch with a torn hamstring and that he remains interested in signing West Ham midfielder Scott Parker and Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy.

He said: "Scott Parker is a player we’ve always been interested in, but at the moment we've not signed him.

"He's on the radar, along with a lot of other players. I like Bellamy, he's a possibility."

Oh well done yesterday a great performance from Silva and Nasri not forgetting the magician Dzeko jap.gif maybe Nasri was the one you wanted,Barcelonaesq sometimes yesterday with them passing and running midfield

Great performance

Oh well done yesterday a great performance from Silva and Nasri not forgetting the magician Dzeko jap.gif maybe Nasri was the one you wanted,Barcelonaesq sometimes yesterday with them passing and running midfield

Great performance

I just hope Tevez stays.

Without him, I just dont know where the goals will come from??

Great performance

I just hope Tevez stays.

:lol::lol::lol:

Very droll jack. It's amazing how some statements come back and haunt isn't it? I wish I could be bothered to read through last years posts and see who it was who said that. :D

Great performance

I just hope Tevez stays.

Very droll jack. It's amazing how some statements come back and haunt isn't it? I wish I could be bothered to read through last years posts and see who it was who said that. :D

Most of the usual suspects, mate!! :lol:

Listen gents lets not get carried away shall we.....credit when i see good football, that's all!

At the end of the day you still have won fuc_k all(ok fa cup)but with performances like yesterday who knows??

You have still got us to deal with wink.gif and we will not role over before we get on the pitch like the rest.

What about the wonder-kid?

If Tevez does go you will be short,long season 10 games yes? biggrin.gif

Well it seems money does talk....we missed a couple of sitters in the first half but not to take away from your side...the attacking options are amazing.

Still a bit slack defensively though aren't you?....and I'd say you'll need better understanding between the forwards in the latter stages of the CL....but perhaps that will happen.

You lot must be over the blue moon...

Well it seems money does talk....we missed a couple of sitters in the first half but not to take away from your side...the attacking options are amazing.

Still a bit slack defensively though aren't you?....and I'd say you'll need better understanding between the forwards in the latter stages of the CL....but perhaps that will happen.

Still defensively naive on set pieces.. have been for a while.

I thought that Mancini was tactically magnificent in replacing Richards ( who I think is a great player) with Zabaleta. Done purely to mark Welshy out of the game. Sometimes Richards tends to be a bit inexperienced gallavanting up the wing, and I am sure Mancini did not want to get caught out.

But at times our play was unbelievable!!

Great performance

I just hope Tevez stays.

No its not amazing at all Mr B when you spend money like your owners do. Its simply a matter of opening up the cheque book.

I thought that Mancini was tactically magnificent in replacing Richards ( who I think is a great player) with Zabaleta. Done purely to mark Welshy out of the game. Sometimes Richards tends to be a bit inexperienced gallavanting up the wing, and I am sure Mancini did not want to get caught out.

It is not rocket science to stop arguably there best player rolleyes.gif

It is not rocket science to stop arguably there best player rolleyes.gif

Says he, who's team let 2 in from what was a pathetic excuse for a team ;)

Yeah, agreed. I reckon it's down to his tactic of marking in zones.

Zonal marking is for Basketball and has no place in Football imo....! Get your man, keep your man, kinda like the ladies are with rus.... :whistling:

redrus

Great performance

I just hope Tevez stays.

No its not amazing at all Mr B when you spend money like your owners do. Its simply a matter of opening up the cheque book.

Even more amazing that knowing the type of owners we have, that the nonsensical statements coming from certain members on here, that City would struggle to score goals this year!! :lol: :lol: